What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some positives

CrazyEel

Bench
Much better Poupou, you had me worried you were losing your style champ
bravo-1.gif

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Every year there are 15 coaches armed to the teeth with statistics all year who missed out on wining the grand final. The winning coach usually has all the right attitude players playing in positions that best suit their strengths and weaknesses. If I was coach of the Eels I will put Jarryd at 6 and there he stays for the rest of my Eels coaching career. He is physically and technically best suited to playing as my pivot and not as a 7 or a 1. Then I will build a team of great attitude players around Jarryd and move forward from there. Melbourne Stoms best player is Cameron Smith, he is there front line general - without him they will find it very hard to win a premiership, same with Keiron Foran at 6 for Manly, Darren Lockyer at 6 for the Broncos and this year, the Dragons will also find it very hard to win a premiership without Jamie Soward at 6. Next year we need Jarryd Hayne on the front-line as our general at 6 and we will find it very hard to win a premiership without Jarryd at 6, even if he is injured or suspended.

CrazyEel

Bench
If you don't mind me saying so Casper I kinda gathered that was your opinion when you first enunciated it about 2,000 posts ago. No matter what you've been told constant repetition doesn't make it any more valid than it was the first time you stated it.
toungue-out.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon he should keep that Hayne-to-five-eighth post on a Word doc. Then he can just copy-paste to any thread where it's remotely related.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
If you don't mind me saying so Casper I kinda gathered that was your opinion when you first enunciated it about 2,000 posts ago. No matter what you've been told constant repetition doesn't make it any more valid than it was the first time you stated it.
toungue-out.gif

Your complaint doesn't excuse you or Poo Poo from your chronic repetition habits either. You say no no no - I say yes yes yes. Throw in all the words you like but it is still a no no no or yes yes yes story.

images

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The difference is other people come up with new evidence (Ben Roberts' performances, Hayne's performances) to continue the debate. You just parrot the same thing in every post.

Every single f**king post Casper.

eel01s

Bench
Back on topic

Positives: Allgood is improving every game, Matt Keating is playing very well, Maitua definitely adds impact

Negatives: We still play dumb footy too often, and it kills us. Also, why wasn't O'Hanlon used? The forwards were out on their feet at the end.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
So you didn't like his work at halfback last night? How about last week?

vs Tigers
Burt 41 touches
McGuire 31
Hayne 45

vs Panthers
Burt 47 touches
McGuire 28
Hayne 46

Was talking about if I was coach of the Eels I would put Hayne at pivot.
Have no problem with Jarryd playing 7 and 6 at the moment - this is helping him to get used to playing 80 minutes on the front line.
SK is the coach, not me. At least he is on the front line for 80 minutes.
All good for next year with Sandow at 7 and Hayne at 6.

bartman

Immortal
Negatives: We still play dumb footy too often, and it kills us. Also, why wasn't O'Hanlon used? The forwards were out on their feet at the end.
That's SK's achilles heel - bad bench selections and use of the interchange. Blame the depth of the playing roster to excuse him if we must, but it still comes down to bad coaching imo.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Every year there are 15 coaches armed to the teeth with statistics all year who missed out on wining the grand final. The winning coach usually has all the right attitude players playing in positions that best suit their strengths and weaknesses. If I was coach of the Eels I will put Jarryd at 6 and there he stays for the rest of my Eels coaching career. He is physically and technically best suited to playing as my pivot and not as a 7 or a 1. Then I will build a team of great attitude players around Jarryd and move forward from there. Melbourne Stoms best player is Cameron Smith, he is there front line general - without him they will find it very hard to win a premiership, same with Keiron Foran at 6 for Manly, Darren Lockyer at 6 for the Broncos and this year, the Dragons will also find it very hard to win a premiership without Jamie Soward at 6. Next year we need Jarryd Hayne on the front-line as our general at 6 and we will find it very hard to win a premiership without Jarryd at 6, even if he is injured or suspended.
Don't you have an 'enter/return' key on your keyboard?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Back on topic

Positives: Allgood is improving every game, Matt Keating is playing very well, Maitua definitely adds impact

Agreed. Allgood is becoming Quitegood.

Agreed a fresh body would have helped but maybe Kearney didn't think that kind of pressure would be good for O'Hanlon this early in his career? Especially if he'd missed an important tackle or given away a key penalty.

Ratchy

Juniors
That's SK's achilles heel - bad bench selections and use of the interchange. Blame the depth of the playing roster to excuse him if we must, but it still comes down to bad coaching imo.

It's not what is costing games tho, it's the lack of a halfback to close out close games.