What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some positives

TheParraboy

Staff member
:lol:

f-Apologies-75288.jpg

:lol::lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
That's SK's achilles heel - bad bench selections and use of the interchange. Blame the depth of the playing roster to excuse him if we must, but it still comes down to bad coaching imo.

I was curious about that too... Did O'Hanlon actually take his place on the bench or did we play with a 3 man interchange? If he was actually on the bench and not used that makes no sense whatsoever since Shacks was concussed early and only played 10 minutes.

Ratchy

Juniors
I was curious about that too... Did O'Hanlon actually take his place on the bench or did we play with a 3 man interchange? If he was actually on the bench and not used that makes no sense whatsoever since Shacks was concussed early and only played 10 minutes.

Why does that even matter when it has no bearing on the game?......Bennett has done the same thing for a number of years and never seen much questioning of that

Eels Dude

Coach
Why does that even matter when it has no bearing on the game?......Bennett has done the same thing for a number of years and never seen much questioning of that

How do you know it has no bearing on the game? The difference between having fresh players on the field as opposed to tired ones makes a world of difference and can be the key difference to a few simple missed tackles and tries being conceded. Using the interchange bench and interchange limit correctly is one of the crucial coaching elements in the modern game.

Pazza

First Grade
Kicking game is now being done by our two best kickers. Massive improvement.

Great point! Much better than the days of Mortimer and Robson doing all the kicking.

I thought our front row also stood up again the bigger and more fancied Penrith front row. I am really rating Allgood more and more as the season progresses. It would be great to see this guy put on a few more kgs and develop a bit of a pass before the line.

Also our commitment in defense was great, a couple of their try were very lucky. We didn't give anything away cheaply.

True EEL

Bench
If Jarryd stays at 6 and with practise the squad will develop and learn all the moves/tactics that will make this squad formidable as next season unfolds. With Sandow bringing his range of attacking and distribution skills the Eels will be a genuine title contender next year. Becoming match fit playing 6 for 80 minutes will make Jarryd a better player and this will greatly assist his composure as well. The intensity of playing 6 week after week will develop Jarryd into a front-line 80 minute big-game player. This is what our squad needs.

exactly, Hayne improved in only his second week in the position. conditioning will take a while for him, and so will his judegment/decision-making....
but he will be right, just give him time.....he will be the leader of this team, especailly if he really wants to be

True EEL

Bench
*sigh* am almost over my near mental breakdown after the events of Saturday night.....almost

hmmmm, maybe we can still do it? maybe this will finally galvanise this team? maybe they will just say f*#k everyone else, we can still do it and win every game from here on in and make the finals?

*sigh* maybe i am having my mental breakdown now....??

Eels Dude

Coach
It's only to keep Burt and his kicking game in the middle of the field.

Next year with Sandow and Roberts we won't need Burt, and Hayne can go back to where he plays best.

It's good to have that option though. Sandow is a lock for the number 7 jersey no doubt. I think the number 6 is a bit open though, Roberts can be very hit and miss.

Y2Eel

First Grade
How good is Reni going! If it wasnt for him right now i would still be whinging about the refs!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's good to have that option though. Sandow is a lock for the number 7 jersey no doubt. I think the number 6 is a bit open though, Roberts can be very hit and miss.

I think at this stage Burt contributes more to our attack than Roberts would.

But 1. Hayne 6. Roberts is so much better defensively than 1. Burt 6. Hayne that I doubt Roberts won't be first option in the 6 next year. Then you factor in the benefits to Hayne's individual game in not having to make 20+ tackles plus the fact he can return kicks from fullback.

IMO anyway it's a no contest but I have been wrong before. On a different messageboard but.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Roberts will go gangbusters now with Dymock in charge at the dogs he did alot more kicking last week againt the warriors...