What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something To Giggle At.... Taylor Tells It As It Is

cardinal

Juniors
Frederick said:
You negate this argument by saying this:The team that Smith has this year is far different to the one Hagan had last year - no Andrew Johns, Matt Gidley, Craig Smith, Brian Carney, or Anthony Quinn. We lost our two wingers, best centre, best prop, and our best player ever, and I'd wager over 700 games experience (not knowing how many games Carney or Smith have played in their careers), and has been forced to replace them with a bunch of rookies.

Ok we will go down that track then Hags has not got in the eels team Widders, Morrison, Morris, Mickinnon, Odwyer and Tahu has hardly played a game this year. We have also replaced them with rookies, just slightly more talented ones than yours I guess hence why we are coming 3rd and yourselves 10th. Good luck tonight I am sure you will go really well :lol:

Ben

Bench
Seriously, the way Smith has got the team over the line in close games has been amazing. With Hagan, we were always a team that cracked under pressure. Sure we could run away with games and win by big margins but it was so rare for a Hagan-coached Knights team to win the close contests. The way Smith has managed to get the team over the line week after week in games that we have only won by 1-6 points is commendable. Not to mention we lost the best player in the game in Andrew Johns, and weren't we the team that could never win without Andrew Johns. Wait have we won this year? Yes we have, and i would put that down to one man - Brian Smith.

Big Tim

First Grade
cardinal said:
We have also replaced them with rookies, just slightly more talented ones than yours

Yep thats right.... ours came through the, as you like to call him, HAGS era and yours through the Smith era.......

You cancel out your own point.

cardinal

Juniors
Ben said:
Seriously, the way Smith has got the team over the line in close games has been amazing. With Hagan, we were always a team that cracked under pressure. Sure we could run away with games and win by big margins but it was so rare for a Hagan-coached Knights team to win the close contests. The way Smith has managed to get the team over the line week after week in games that we have only won by 1-6 points is commendable. Not to mention we lost the best player in the game in Andrew Johns, and weren't we the team that could never win without Andrew Johns. Wait have we won this year? Yes we have, and i would put that down to one man - Brian Smith.

I agree I just have a go because you guys give hags such a hard time. Smithy is a good guy and a good coach and if the eels are out of the race I hope he wins his first comp. I think we should agree that both clubs and both coaches are better for the change, and if you guys play like last week you just might beat the storm. I think after last weeks game and this weeks game it shows that Hagan and Smith show respect and humility unlike Taylor.

Nuffy

Bench
I laugh at Parra supporters talking about Tahu.

First it was Tahu was coming to Parra but not for the money, we all said he was offered sh*tloads to go to Parra and now they say hes a overpriced crock and money hungry who left Parra for the Tahs, for more money.

Then its Tahu the superstar who was only injury prone at Newcastle and at Parra he would be fine, then they bitch about him missing so many games over the last 2 years.

Plus its Tahu the consistent rep player at Newcastle who wasn't at Parra.

Finally its Tahu the rocksolid eel that wasn't going to leave, but whos left.

The best things is that everyone here that bagged Hags has been 100%
on the money. When other coaches also think you couldn't run a bath the gig is well and truly up.

He is a joke and not just one that Newcastle fans laugh at anymore, everyone
is in on it.

f**k YOU HAGS for what you did to our club.

reginald.p

Juniors
What did he do to our club exactly? We made the top 4 three out of the six years he coached here and won a premiership. People tend to overlook this and just focus on the year we got the spoon, ignoring the fact we had a ridiculous amount of injuries that year. They also ignore that for the majority of Hagans time here we had close to the worst training facilities in the NRL.

I'm glad Smith is coaching us now and i'm excited about what hes doing for the club but geez... the way you guys go on about everything Smith does is right and everything Hagan does is wrong is kind of bizarre. Smith is doing a good job at the Knights and Hagan is doing a good job at the eels, why is that so hard to accept.

cardinal

Juniors
reginald.p said:
What did he do to our club exactly? We made the top 4 three out of the six years he coached here and won a premiership. People tend to overlook this and just focus on the year we got the spoon, ignoring the fact we had a ridiculous amount of injuries that year. They also ignore that for the majority of Hagans time here we had close to the worst training facilities in the NRL.

I'm glad Smith is coaching us now and i'm excited about what hes doing for the club but geez... the way you guys go on about everything Smith does is right and everything Hagan does is wrong is kind of bizarre. Smith is doing a good job at the Knights and Hagan is doing a good job at the eels, why is that so hard to accept.

:clap: yeah what a terrible record premierships are so easy to win. Of course it was all joey, funny how we are third with a half pairing no one rates. Go hags.

Gene Krupa

Referee
cardinal said:
:clap: yeah what a terrible record premierships are so easy to win. Of course it was all joey, funny how we are third with a half pairing no one rates. Go hags.

Are you still here pissant? FFS! Some people are obsessed!

Alex28

Coach
reginald.p said:
Smith is doing a good job at the Knights and Hagan is doing a good job at the eels, why is that so hard to accept.
Hage's did a wonderful job with the Knights in his first year with the Knights too. He inherited a team developed by Reilly and Ryan.

Yes, he is doing a fine job with Parramatta too. He's inherited a team developed by Smith and Taylor.

Lets see what happens in a few years time - if he's still there. I doubt Fitzgerald would tolerate the crap that he dealt out here in 2005...

cardinal

Juniors
Alex28 said:
Hage's did a wonderful job with the Knights in his first year with the Knights too. He inherited a team developed by Reilly and Ryan.

Yes, he is doing a fine job with Parramatta too. He's inherited a team developed by Smith and Taylor.

Lets see what happens in a few years time - if he's still there. I doubt Fitzgerald would tolerate the crap that he dealt out here in 2005...

Smithy inherited a team developed by hags but he is not really doing a fine job is he. A week is a long time in footy, watch our for freedys roosters next week, catch us if you can. :D

Pumba

First Grade
parramatta_eels_123 said:
gee well i would rather hagan over smith he said mateo cant play never put hayne in the team and were 3rd ur wat like 10th haha

Piss Off!

Nuffy

Bench
pe123

The good news is that we owned you in 2001 and last week and thats all that matters.

Stranger

Coach
parramatta_eels_123 said:
gee well i would rather hagan over smith he said mateo cant play never put hayne in the team and were 3rd ur wat like 10th haha

I can't believe how precious these parra boys are...

Ohhh he said mateo can't play whinge whinge whinge.

If you have a better way to motivate a player, id love to hear it TBH.

Smithy inherited a team developed by hags but he is not really doing a fine job is he. A week is a long time in footy, watch our for freedys roosters next week, catch us if you can. :D

Gee that shows by the cattle we have doesn't it.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Stranger said:
I can't believe how precious these parra boys are...

Ohhh he said mateo can't play whinge whinge whinge.

If you have a better way to motivate a player, id love to hear it TBH.

Gee that shows by the cattle we have doesn't it.

4th last year, cellar dwellers this year.