What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BrotherJim05

Bench
When you part with a million bucks a season you want more than a player with great skills. You want a leader, you want a mentor and you want a bloke that sets the bar for culture. Not sure Trell wanted to do any of the above.

You would be silly to think he would not have made a difference to our club, but he is not a million dollar player and the pressure of being the no1 player in the club might have been a load to heavy to carry.

This is why I reckon he didn't want to come here. He's a gun talent but he probably doesn't want to assume any sort of leadership position and wants to just focus on his game. A club like Bunnies and Roosters already has leaders and rep players. He doesn't have to "step up" and lead the team, he can just play his position and focus on that. I get it. I think it's good for both Tigers and Trell he didn't come here.

We really need Addo Carr and Tedesco back

Blues Riff

Bench
I am reminded of the Aesop's fable and the words "Sour Grapes".

2e91351a4da8ed348292f63ce65cb403.jpg

AC320138-6F0D-45EB-A9F8-6D06D3001B2F.jpeg
I'm reminded of ' the grass is greener ' fable when I think of the riff and ivan. Turns out, it isnt

Its been much lusher and greener for us.

All ivan has produced out yonder has been the loss of elite players, a pervert or two, general humiliation and embarrassment, below par performances.

But he gets to cuddle his son every day.

If the lad was stepping up I could understand, but the poor kid is under more pressure than a firey at the moment.

And lats, where is the big donation to the bushfire appeals? What about a few jersey auctions for the indigenous people suffering through this?

If warney can donate his cap, what about you lats?

Mouth guard?

Last edited:
I would have been much happier if Latrell ended up with you guys, or even the Titans or Cowboys for that matter, instead of them. I am, quite frankly, sick and tired of this whole sordid affair. I am not sure what is going to happen over the next day or two, but I am assuming that we will strike some sort of settlement with them. Hopefully, we will not give much ground, as we should not have to. The Tigers are a club on the improve, and I genuinely hope you guys can lift further this season. Obviously we are rivals, but I at least respect you guys!

Tigerm

First Grade
Yes, I know, thanks mate. That's what I am saying. Hopefully some sort of resolution will be struck sooner rather than later. Just imagine if the 'shoe was on the other foot' - there is no way in hell they would gift wrap us one of their very best players. They would play hard ball with us like you would not believe. But because of who we are, you will hear screaming from the roof tops.

Blues Riff

Bench
You lot finished behind us last year, so I understand why you would have sour grapes, but f**k off and cry on your own site, loser.
I know exactly where our respective teams finished last year Germster. Ivan wouldn't be happy and neither are we. Again I ask the question- do you think Ivan regrets his decision? This was a reference to the greener grass fable. And please read the above fable. You seem to be having some difficulty with the "sour grapes" concept.

Anyhow, I expected to be in the Wasteland thread by now lol. Macnazi got the day off?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Ivan wouldn't be happy and neither are we. Again I ask the question- do you think Ivan regrets his decision?

I don’t at all. He left a contract of $400kpa to one of $800kpa where he has now had his boss sacked and has complete autonomy over the club. A huge amount of faith shown in a guy that’s made the finals in 38% of the seasons he’s coached.

Ivan is a lying prick.

The Souths forums are going off because they think latrell is imminent.

He’s going to be upset not being the centre of attention. He won’t handle it.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Yes, I know, thanks mate. That's what I am saying. Hopefully some sort of resolution will be struck sooner rather than later. Just imagine if the 'shoe was on the other foot' - there is no way in hell they would gift wrap us one of their very best players. They would play hard ball with us like you would not believe. But because of who we are, you will hear screaming from the roof tops.
I don't follow other clubs news, but what happened between LM & the Roosters, he seems to be a bit of a goose, but he was a key component to your side, it just doesn't seem like something your club would do?

Tiger Ted

Bench
nobody walks away from $300k to $400k extra money and thats only in the first year in a game where your next could be your last ,
The RORT which is the NRL salary cap is humming along nicely
It’s a crooked sport administered by shonky grubs.Its unequivocal that LM’s extended family will receive sizeable supplementary payments probably to a trust account.

Having an influential heavy-hitter like the generous Crowe in control at redfern gives them
enormous scope to fund a squad outside of the parameters within which the cap is set.
Souths r very fortunate that Rusty is a passionate fan in contrast to the money hungry Harry T who wouldn’t know the difference between nrl & afl.

super_coach

First Grade
The Chooks have released Trell and withdrew their compensation claim for Trells wages since November.

I wonder if Trells new manager told uncle Nick that he might have to leak some information to the press about the workings of the salary cap at Bondi. Amazing the back flip from hard talk the other day. Similar to Pascoe and the hard talk about Matterson’s release that amounted to nothing

The Rosco

Bench
I am reminded of the Aesop's fable and the words "Sour Grapes".

2e91351a4da8ed348292f63ce65cb403.jpg
100% correct riff, my boy.
I am reminded of a fable, too.
It's a fable about a big question mark.
The fable is called" what the fkk has the WT looking at a Roosters player, got to do with a merkin that supports penrith ?
The moral of the fable is why don't you mind you own fkkn club's business.

Last edited:

Latest posts