What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiger05

First Grade
Gallen basically said that this is how Mitchells always been so doesn't expect any different.

I thought that this was worse than Gould. He basically said he doesn't have it in him to be a great player. He is talented but inconsistent and erratic and he will always be that way.

Gould told it how it is.
LM is under-prepared. He's not putting in.
At Easts he was surrounded by class players who made him look good. At Souths he looks like a fish out of water.

Souths have got a good team though. Maybe not as good as the Roosters but there are a lot of star players in that team. Gould did give it to him in comments like he doesn't really know how to play the game.

Legion

Juniors
I thought that this was worse than Gould. He basically said he doesn't have it in him to be a great player. He is talented but inconsistent and erratic and he will always be that way.

Souths have got a good team though. Maybe not as good as the Roosters but there are a lot of star players in that team. Gould did give it to him in comments like he doesn't really know how to play the game.
The main difference is that Easts had a few organisers like Cronk who would basically coach Mitchell through a game when he played at centre.
I don't see any similar players at Souths. Not that it would do Mitchell any good if they did while he's out the back at FB.
Don't be surprised if they have a bloke like Sutton in his trainers vest shadowing LM while he's at FB.

Phil Gould

Juniors
I think it’s like Vic said, if we had somehow managed to get Latrell, he’d be in much better condition or he wouldn’t be playing. He knew it, that’s why he didn’t come. So thank you, Latrell, for dodging us, but I do hope you grow up and appreciate and develop what you have.

I don't always agree with him but I don't bother with any of these panel show unless he's on it. A barbie doll and a bunch of wishy washy opinions from ex-footballers who can't find any other employment.

As soon as they hit the media, almost all of these players forget everything they’ve learnt during their career and turn into muppets.

According to these ex player muppets, any minor mistake from a player and the player becomes the devil incarnate.

They forget how dumb they were for most of their own career and how they blew multiple finals game because they were incompetent and rooted. They forget their own women, gambling, alcohol and drug problems when they played. Their own allegations of domestic violence, pretending to root a dog or something.

Plus they are the most boring people on planet earth.

gordsy

Juniors
This is why when you spend a million bucks you expect results.
I think it’s like Vic said, if we had somehow managed to get Latrell, he’d be in much better condition or he wouldn’t be playing. He knew it, that’s why he didn’t come. So thank you, Latrell, for dodging us, but I do hope you grow up and appreciate and develop what you have.
If the board was pushing so hard to sign him no chance they let Madge put him in reserve grade.
So thank goodness he said no and is Wayne's problem. I just hope we aren't stupid enough to even think about talking to him for 2021 or beyond.

As for Lomax, he is being coached by Mary. Hard to say if he is the problem or Mary is.

WA Tiger

Bench
I think after a while a team just needs to hear a new voice a new message especially with the drone of Mary’s voice for how many years ..I reckon those couple of years where they were looking like easily finishing first and dropped their bundle prob affected his psychological wellbeing ..something he couldn’t come back from maybe..imagine it ..deep down the voices would say “is it worth trying this hard again”or “it’s happening again”..he’s not going to turn down the $$$ tho ...

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
I thought it was Owen Craigie in the fullback spot for souffs had to double check
Latrell has been on a strict diet and setting 3 alarm clocks while getting up at 5am to train the house down?

90431974-2485559181774270-3923747732098908160-n.jpg

Last edited:

Legion

Juniors
Latrell has been on a strict diet and setting 3 alarm clocks while getting up at 5am to train the house down?

90431974-2485559181774270-3923747732098908160-n.jpg
Lol ........ @Souffs.

It will be very interesting to see what condition players are in when they return.
Many will struggle training by themselves - which I totally understand - it's much easier when there's a set regimen with teammates to push each other.

This is a big opportunity for LM to get into tip-top shape but I can't see it happening.
I can imagine Mitchells training regime up in Taree - jet skiing, fishing, bulking up on meat pies and beer.

If LM played back when players held full-time jobs to support themselves, Mitchell would be running around in Taree FC 2nd grade, having fun with his mates.

axl rose

Bench
Lol ........ @Souffs.

It will be very interesting to see what condition players are in when they return.
Many will struggle training by themselves - which I totally understand - it's much easier when there's a set regimen with teammates to push each other.

Not so good. They are a pampered lot. They get their breakfast/protein shakes and lunches all done for them by the clubs. Look how fat some of them get during Xmas break or within a year after retirement.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Although I wonder if he was listening to anyone at that time...He might have spoken with James Roberts about his move from the Broncos and got the thumbs up ...He wanted definitely a no drama flexible coach (and certainly important but no more important, a good coach) He had the indigenous “ “support group”...and prob as someone said was going nowhere else ...The agents would have made more if he came to WT but there was no escaping it That would mean hard work and being accountable and sometimes in front of the team

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Trell knocked back a four year deal for a million a season to sign a one year deal for about 600. Now it is almost certain the cap will be decreased in the seasons to come and the big big contract just will not be on offer. The moral to the story..surround yourself with smart people and not morons

I haven't kept us with league news this week but I believe the players were requesting for their full money to be guaranteed next year, good luck with that while the world burns around them. Anyway the salary cap would need to at least halve for the game so be somewhat sustainable.