What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill Runner

Gronk

Staff member
Interesting to read Gallop's stance. "It is unacceptable to walk out on a contract". Stating that the Bulldog's legal bill will be funded by the NRL.

Where was he when Judas shafted us ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Interesting to read Gallop's stance. "It is unacceptable to walk out on a contract". Stating that the Bulldog's legal bill will be funded by the NRL.

slightly different circumstances as Judas didn't directly run away to another club, even though it was obvious what his motives were??

Rogue.9

Juniors

Judas originally said he was retiring so there was f**k all the NRL could do where as SBW is walking away to play for another code.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We love giving it to the Doggies, but no club deserves what this prick has done to them, Hypocritical Merkin ofthe highest order. The Bulldogs and the NRL can do without pieces of sh*t like him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anyone see Gallop on the roast today, limp,uninspiring, softcock.After watching him today i got deja vu after watching Micheal Hagan press conferences over the last 18 months........

bartman

Immortal

Lyon asked our club for personal tim eoff, and was granted it. He then asked our club for a temporary release to play with Wee Waa, and was granted it. He then asked our club for a permanent release to play in England, and was granted it (under the condition he didn't return to NRL during the period he would have been contracted to us).

There was nothing illegal in what Lyon did at any step of the way. Perhaps immoral depending on your point of view, but nothing illegal, he was up front and gained permission at each step of the way.

SBW skipping training to fly to France without telling anyone at the club, is a bit different. Gallop has to come down on sh*t like that somehow, because if SBW is seen to get away with it, then contracts will truly be worthless and the game will become unworkable.

strider

Post Whore
my understanding was that gallop and the nrl supported us when lyon bailed - they would not have let lyon play elsewhere and gave us salary relief from the next season on, while allowing us to control lyon's playing future (which we used the money to get tahu)

Nikki

Coach
How bad was Weidler on the Sunday Roast today?? Im surprised he wasnt on the next plane to follow $BW and be his bum chum

Nikki

Coach
My neighbours musta thought I was having a domestic the amount of obscenities I was yelling at the tele :lol:

fish eel

Immortal
How bad was Weidler on the Sunday Roast today?? Im surprised he wasnt on the next plane to follow $BW and be his bum chum

I didnt mind Weidler on the Sunday Roast.

It was, in an odd way, good to hear a disenting voice and the other side of the story.

The way SBW has gone about this is disgraceful. Absolutely no excuses.

But seriously, if I was SBW, and that type of money was on the table, it would be freaking tempting. And also, loyalty....clubs expect a lot of loyalty from players - but don't hesitate to ship a player off due to 'cap restraints' - but then I guess all of that is fine, but however there is a right way to do things and a wrong way, and there is no doubt SBW has gone the wrong way about this.

As for Gallop, did I seriously hear him say they were gonna try and get the help of the IRB? :lol:

bartman

Immortal
How long before Jarryd Hayne wants to do the same thing?
Careful Tin Man. By even asking the question you might be accused by some of actually wanting it to happen :roll: Or of having an agenda :lol:

Some people on here are very protective of their certain favoured players, and apparently it really offends them if people mess with their heads by having (or even raising the possibility of) different opinions.

The NRL absolutely has to find a way where breaking a contract in this way (different sport, different country) is not in a players best interest. At the moment, the life ban from returning to NRL is probably all that can be done, unless there is some legal way to force the French union club into paying an Australian league club a transfer fee? It sounds quite complicated...

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Careful Tin Man. By even asking the question you might be accused by some of actually wanting it to happen Or of having an agenda
Thanks Bartman, I didn't think of that. Next I'll be accused of being a bandwagon supporter.

barney gumble

Juniors
I didnt mind Weidler on the Sunday Roast.

It was, in an odd way, good to hear a disenting voice and the other side of the story.

But seriously, if I was SBW, and that type of money was on the table, it would be freaking tempting. And also, loyalty....clubs expect a lot of loyalty from players - but don't hesitate to ship a player off due to 'cap restraints' - but then I guess all of that is fine, but however there is a right way to do things and a wrong way, and there is no doubt SBW has gone the wrong way about this.

As for Gallop, did I seriously hear him say they were gonna try and get the help of the IRB? :lol:

Mate you almost sound like your defending the worm.
He's on around $500K a year and hardly plays and signes a 5 year deal last year.
He walked out on his mates (the players) and the fans and left a charity function in the lurch and cowardly snuck on an airplane telling virtually no one.

The only thing smaller than his pea brain is his pea heart.
The NRL is better off without him.

fish eel

Immortal
Mate you almost sound like your defending the worm.
He's on around $500K a year and hardly plays and signes a 5 year deal last year.
He walked out on his mates (the players) and the fans and left a charity function in the lurch and cowardly snuck on an airplane telling virtually no one.

The only thing smaller than his pea brain is his pea heart.
The NRL is better off without him.

Defending Weidler right to express a contrary view, yes.

Defending SBW? Perhaps you missed this: