What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill tops most hated list

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://news.theage.com.au/national/sonny-bill-tops-most-hated-list-20080922-4l2z.html

Sonny Bill tops most hated list

September 21, 2008 - 10:38PM

Rugby league deserter Sonny Bill Williams has edged out Bali bomber Amrozi to be named Australia's most hated person in a notorious annual poll.

Williams has topped men's mag Zoo Weekly's annual Top 50 People We Hate List.

Zoo editor Paul Merrill said the now French rugby player was the clear winner.

"Sonny Bill is someone who did something no Australian should do, he ditched his teammates and walked out," Merrill told AAP.

"We're calling him Money Bill Williams for scarpering off to another continent just for the cash."

Federal MP Belinda Neal was third, disgraced AFL player Wayne Carey was fourth for "shagging his mate's missus" and "even the name Wayne" while swimmer Nick D'Arcy rounded out the top five.

SA attorney-general Michael Atkinson came in at six for blocking R-rated video games, followed by the Pope for "shutting down our streets and filling them with a bunch of weirdos" during World Youth Day in Sydney.

"Generally we don't like him (the Pope) he's old and looks a bit strange, like he should be in Star Wars," Merrill said.

Based on men's views, the list included everybody from an incest father and daughter couple, bank chief executives and "the girl from the AAMI ads".

Surprise inclusions were pop star Madonna (44), golfer Greg Norman (13) and Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker (32).

Last year's winner Silverchair frontman Daniel Johns is out, while 2006 winner, radio shock jock Kyle Sandilands has slipped to 19.

TV personalities to make the list included the character Toadie from Network Ten soap Neighbours, Johanna Griggs for being "annoying" during Seven's Olympic coverage and Sunrise host David Koch.

"Toadie has just been on the show for too long, he's not a great character and we wish he wasn't on the show," Merrill said.

"And David Koch because he's a bit of an old fart."

Featuring last year, but spared this time were Roseanne Barr, Eddie McGuire, OJ Simpson, Owen Wilson and Gretel Killeen.

congrats Sonny :lol:

joondalup_giant

Staff member
lol a sports star edges out a terrorist as aussies most hated, just goes to show how much were in2 our sport!

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Sonny Bill unAustralian! That will upset him terribly. Good on him for taking the dough and I look forward to him playing for the All Blacks.

bartman

Immortal
Money Bill Injuries was not used... no more than any player/employee is "used" by the club they sign and play for.

Players and their managers use clubs too, signing on for the highest price they can negotiate - difference being that most players (and clubs) stick by their deals and don't walk out sooking because they mate Willie left them behind.

Like anyone, SBW has to be responsible for his own actions in signing such a long contract, and being happy about it at the time. SBW and Bird need to stop sooking and take responsibility for actions that were entirely their own, maybe only then the Tele might give them a break?

Teddyboy

First Grade
Aussie complain if they Steak is slightly overdone.I thought David Gallop or Rupert be no.1.

Glenn

First Grade
Good to see Koch on the list..

As for $BW, no shock really walk out on your mates and fans isn't going to win any popularity contests.

brendothejet

First Grade
Mrs Todd? F*ck she makes me cringe
Run away Todd, run far away:crazy:

as if you wouldnt but??? lol

Reading that article made me think about people I hate here is a few doozies:

The entire judging panel and performing talent of Australian Idol. Never have i seen a more contrived self congratulatory piece of sh*t than that show. Every time Marcia speaks i wish she had contracted ultra terminal cancer of the AIDS instead of diabetes. Kyle is a fat f**king wanker with no talent, intelligence or value to human society. Dont start me on the pommy twat. Being English is a redeeming quality when compared to the rest of his personality.

Also, cannot stand Bec Wilson and the entire gossip column journo team. In fact anyone who writes or reads that semi-celebrity trash is just feeding the problems in society. Oxygen thieves, the lot of em.

People with f**king flowers on the back of their car window. Yeah honey your flowers are cool, SHAME THAT YOU COULDNT SEE ME BECAUSE THEY ARE STUCK ALL OVER YOUR WINDSCREEN AND YOU f**kING CRASHED INTO MY CAR! (true story)

Blokes that walk around wearing jeans that are clearly too small for them, showing off their undies to the world. The jeans are invariably black and matched with those little slipper kinda shoes, and a hair cut fresh from a Panic At the Disco film clip. Those people need to be kicked, hard.

The above people can all die.

Thomas

First Grade
Zoo Weekly eh?

The only people who read Zoo Weekly are truck drivers, fat bogans on a sickness pension and serial perverts.

And no, I don't subscribe!

Thomas

First Grade
so you just buy it from the newsagents?

:D

No...but I do take note of what plastic-tittied doe-eyed bint is on the cover each week...you know...for research purposes.

There's a guy who reads Zoo Weekly on my bus. Always has a spare seat next to him because he looks like a pervert. If you ask me, he's a f**king genius.

Latest posts