What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill Williams to the Eels?

Captain BF

Juniors
Looking at SBW in a pure footy sense, he would be a massive signing for any team: I would love us to get him.
The baggage of Khoder, Mundine, wiedler and what he did to the Dogs and the disrespect he showed to his supporters and the BS reasons (I reckon he spent the whole interview thinking "Don't say money, don't say money") that he sprouted on The Footy Show: Not interested.

I dont think he should be relying on a boxing career, after watching the fight on the weekend (even if Tony Mundine as had a brain spasm, and made the call that SBW could be the next Muhammed Ali - WTF???!!!???) Scott Lewis (35 years old) has won 3 "fights" - 1 was against our own "elite" athelete Karl Webb. The guy is also a part time fork lift driver.
Poor bastard was actually having a decent go in the first couple of rounds, until he became tired (not surprising for an overweight 35 year old - speaking from experience) and SB starting putting in some decent upper cuts.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I dont think he should be relying on a boxing career, after watching the fight on the weekend (even if Tony Mundine as had a brain spasm, and made the call that SBW could be the next Muhammed Ali - WTF???!!!???) Scott Lewis (35 years old) has won 3 "fights" - 1 was against our own "elite" athelete Karl Webb. The guy is also a part time fork lift driver.
Poor bastard was actually having a decent go in the first couple of rounds, until he became tired (not surprising for an overweight 35 year old - speaking from experience) and SB starting putting in some decent upper cuts.

I agree. I saw the fight and was unimpressed. $BW won the fight mostly because Lewis was buggered.

lingard

Coach
Sonny Bill Williams is not worth whatever he would be asking - for one reason alone: the guy is injury-prone, and will spend too much time on the sideline. I honestly wouldn`t pay more than $300,000 for him.

mrpwnd

Bench
I agree. I saw the fight and was unimpressed. $BW won the fight mostly because Lewis was buggered.
The whole thing was a bloody farce tbh. One of the most geniused mismatching you could have in competitive sport, an overweight and out of shape old bloke up against a fresh, young and fit kiwi bloke. I almost thought it was some kind of joke set up by whoever set up the event, actually scratch that I still think it is.