What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Fai Wristband Appeal

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
I'd buy one but probably have troubles about doing so... I have a lot on the mind at the moment but will be happy to talk to you later about it one time :)
What is the point of wristbands? Did Sonny slash his wrists? Sonny Fai floaties and kickboards would be more appropriate!

Have the warriors considered raffling swimming lessons for charity?

Big Mick

Referee
What is the point of wristbands? Did Sonny slash his wrists? Sonny Fai floaties and kickboards would be more appropriate!

Have the warriors considered raffling swimming lessons for charity?

Can't you read?

Disclaimer:

I realise that this may not be everyone's cup of tea and I understand that. But for those that want to just post in here to criticize or just simply don't believe we are doing a good thing, i'd really appreciate you to keep negative comments out of the thread if possible. Thank you.

Get out...we don't need a disease such as yourself in this thread.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
big mick ignore that trolling androtop

i appaud you for your efforts, any chance of them being around at the roosters-broncos game? if not i'll get em straight from you

Big Mick

Referee
Ideally...i'd love to be at both games...but a LOT depends on two factors:
1) Which clubs allow me to sell at the games
2) Whether Dave's bands get back here in time for round 5 - that probably wont happen so Round 6 i'll be selling at games as well...after that...they wont be available at games as it probably would have dragged on a bit and people will get frustrated with us. haha.

Jesbass

First Grade
Thanks for the support, guys, one ignoramus excluded.

Mick, you definitely won't get any of my wristbands back in time for Round 5. I've been waiting for you to give me the go ahead before sending any - communication breakdown, perhaps? (I seemed to think it was hinging on Mario's assistance.) I'll organise to get about 2k sent to you at the beginning of the week, when I get back home.

Again, thanks to those willing to chip in with some of their hard-earned for such a great cause! :clap:

Big Mick

Referee
Hey guys,

Good news on the game's front.

I'll be located at the Sydney Roosters vs Brisbane Bronco's game this Friday night.

I'll be in the main entrance with my dad with the dodgy little sign that he made haha.

We'll have a bunch of wristbands on hand to sell.

We'll also hopefully be at the Sharks vs Raiders game on Saturday Night at one of the 2 entrances and also the Monday night game Bulldogs vs South Sydney.

It is unlikely David's wristbands will get back in time, so i'm looking at the possibility of travelling up to Brisbane for the Anzac test and stationing myself outside one of the gates with the remaining 3,000 bands. If that does happen, if anyone would like to volunteer to help out, that'd be fantastic.

Thanks guys!

Big Mick

Referee
Thanks for the support, guys, one ignoramus excluded.

Mick, you definitely won't get any of my wristbands back in time for Round 5. I've been waiting for you to give me the go ahead before sending any - communication breakdown, perhaps? (I seemed to think it was hinging on Mario's assistance.) I'll organise to get about 2k sent to you at the beginning of the week, when I get back home.

Again, thanks to those willing to chip in with some of their hard-earned for such a great cause! :clap:

I was waiting on mario too...but just bit the bullet and went to the clubs direct.

I'll call you later on to discuss remainder of the NZ Bands :D. We'll see how you go this weekend first :D

Raider_69

Post Whore
with all due respect to the clubs mick, f**k em, if they are getting tired of you, tell em to shove it up their arse, stand out side as long and as many games you wish for as many rounds as you wish to and sell the things, its a wonderful cause and should touch the hearts of the entire league fraturity, it doesnt harm the clubs at all having one bloke stand outside one enterence selling wristbands for the Fai family

f**k the clubs mate
BTW, if you manage to get out to shark park, i think the enterance between the leagues club and stadium is the best bet

Jesbass

First Grade
All good, Mick.

And Raider_69 - I love the passion! Thanks!

Also, on another note...this is one venture where we can find ourselves alongside referees, as opposed to trying to keep them at arm's length:
85806839.jpg

Big Mick

Referee
with all due respect to the clubs mick, f**k em, if they are getting tired of you, tell em to shove it up their arse, stand out side as long and as many games you wish for as many rounds as you wish to and sell the things, its a wonderful cause and should touch the hearts of the entire league fraturity, it doesnt harm the clubs at all having one bloke stand outside one enterence selling wristbands for the Fai family

f**k the clubs mate
BTW, if you manage to get out to shark park, i think the enterance between the leagues club and stadium is the best bet

hehehe woah woah brother...they are getting on board :D

Its just a process we have to go through but all clubs are very keen.

Penrith & Parra willing to sell via their websites etc till we are sold out :D

Sweet as...I'll ask Cronulla tomorrow if that's ok..they said they wern't expecting a massive turnout but i'll be there with my table and chairs hahaha.

I just got a beautiful e-mail from the Vice-Captain of Asquith Boys High School...asking to purchase 50 to sell at the school and had the initiative to talk to his teacher's and other peers about it and they'd love to get on board. That is just fantastic....absolutely...fantastic. I can't get over the beautiful nature of these people :D

Big Mick

Referee
Hehe I saw that Jebass...hence my excited message on Sunday... "THE REF'S ARE WEARING THEM!!!!!" hahahahhaa.

I was so excited when I saw that.

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
I'll defo be getting one if you're here for the test. Otherwise, I'll do the online thing.

Great initiative. RIP Sonny.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
If your selling at the next titans home game i'll grab one otherwise i'll definately buy one online if its possible

Big Mick

Referee
Awesome Rhino! Best go through the E-mail. Being in Sydney...I don't like my chance of heading up for a Titan's home game :D

Confirmation now.

I'll be at the Roosters vs Bronco's game tomorrow night.

If I don't sell the remaining wristbands, i'll be stationed at the Sharks vs Raiders game on Saturday night :D

Hope to see some of you there.

Didgi

I think it was poor of the NRL to not have some sort of recognition, it all seemed to be the club. Unless it was offered and the family refused?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Awesome Rhino! Best go through the E-mail. Being in Sydney...I don't like my chance of heading up for a Titan's home game :D

Confirmation now.

I'll be at the Roosters vs Bronco's game tomorrow night.

If I don't sell the remaining wristbands, i'll be stationed at the Sharks vs Raiders game on Saturday night :D

Hope to see some of you there.

wats the email address?