What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Fai Wristband Appeal

Big Mick

Referee
argh! hahahaha Stupid Mick..ahahha

Triple M allowed me to go on and give the wristbands a plug...and I was so nervous and shaky! hahaha.

I think its true that the worlds scariest thing is public speaking...hahaha

innsaneink

Referee
Just heard you on MMM champ, a great initiative...well done to all involved.

Monday week, Leichhardt Oval???

Big Mick

Referee
Potentially.

I'd love too.

Depends on the Tigers but.

Plus i'm working so I'm not sure I can get away before 5 to start selling.

I'll be in NZ hopefully next week pending flights, to give the initial cheque to the Fai's with David....that'll be emotional on two fronts...1) Giving the cheque, 2) Meeting David, who is now a life friend, in person.

But i'll keep everyone informed :D

Garts

Bench
Just heard you as well. Did not hear all of it though as I was getting out of the car. Assumed it must have been someone from on here as I remember seeing the thread yesterday!!!

t1tan

Juniors
Excellent work guys,fantastic!
Are these the same bands ive heard Isaac Luke is wearing?

t1tan

Juniors
Yes murray i read the thread...was asking about isaac luke.
Saw a snippet of an interview with luke and he mentioned something about armbands,assumed it was these ones.

Jesbass

First Grade
Yes murray i read the thread...was asking about isaac luke.
Saw a snippet of an interview with luke and he mentioned something about armbands,assumed it was these ones.

Yep, these are the ones Issac Luke wears, along with Krisnan Inu, Jao Galuvao, Weller Hauraki, Feleti Mateo, Ali Lauiti'iti, Ruben Wiki, Brad Thorn, the entire playing roster and staff at the Warriors, and so on. :thumn

Big Mick

Referee
Hey guys,

Well yesterday was quite a slow afternoon. Only sold around abouts 105, but considering the crowd size that's fine.

Highlight 1 was meeting Raider 69. Nick it was a pleasure to meet you mate, and thanks for your support.

Highlight 2, a Cronulla fan walking through the gates, spotting me and my dad and saying "OH YEAH!...I WANT ONE OF THOSE...HEARD ABOUT THESE!"...that was awesome.

Highlight 3, Soloman Haumono came up to us and just gave us $20 and said "don't want a wristband, just wanted to donate"...what a lovely family he had and a great man. But bloody hell how big is he!...no wonder noone wants to fight him in his division...what a unit! haha.

Lowlight was one fan reading the piece of paper I had out and then saying she didn't want to buy one because I was a Penrith fan and Dave a Warriors fan...I really didn't understand that...must have been sniffing Petrol earlier in the day.

But this week...pending if i'm heading to NZ to present the preliminary cheque with David to the Fai's...i'll hopefully be at Penrith vs Bronco's on Friday night...and if I'm not heading to NZ this weekend, then i'll try make my way out to 1-2 games on Saturday/Sunday.

Hoping to also import a few bands back from Dave either next week or week after....and head up to Brisbane on May 5 for the test match...if anyone up in Brissy would like to lend me a hand up there if I get clearance to do so...i'd really appreciate it...because I get the feeling if I have 3-4k bands left...they'll go that night...and just me and dad might be a bit hectic hahaha.

Last edited:

Jesbass

First Grade
Hey guys,

Well yesterday was quite a slow afternoon. Only sold around abouts 105, but considering the crowd size that's fine.

Highlight 1 was meeting Raider 69. Nick it was a pleasure to meet you mate, and thanks for your support.

Highlight 2, a Cronulla fan walking through the gates, spotting me and my dad and saying "OH YEAH!...I WANT ONE OF THOSE...HEARD ABOUT THESE!"...that was awesome.

Highlight 3, Soloman Haumono came up to us and just gave us $20 and said "don't want a wristband, just wanted to donate"...what a lovely family he had and a great man. But bloody hell how big is he!...no wonder noone wants to fight him in his division...what a unit! haha.

Lowlight was one fan reading the piece of paper I had out and then saying she didn't want to buy one because I was a Penrith fan and Dave a Warriors fan...I really didn't understand that...must have been sniffing Petrol earlier in the day.

But this week...pending if i'm heading to NZ to present the preliminary cheque with David to the Fai's...i'll hopefully be at Penrith vs Bronco's on Friday night...and if I'm not heading to NZ this weekend, then i'll try make my way out to 1-2 games on Saturday/Sunday.

Hoping to also import a few bands back from Dave either next week or week after....and head up to Brisbane on May 5 for the test match...if anyone up in Brissy would like to lend me a hand up there if I get clearance to do so...i'd really appreciate it...because I get the feeling if I have 3-4k bands left...they'll go that night...and just me and dad might be a bit hectic hahaha.

Mick, I have a few Brisbane contacts, so I'll see if I can get some volunteers sorted. I'll also cover the NZRL side of things, then look to go from there. All speculative as of yet, of course, but worth asking the questions.

Raider_69

Post Whore

the pleasure was all mine, mate. Again, sterling effort, can not commend you and jebass enough for the work
i tried sending as many RA over as i could. fantastic cause :clap:

Jesbass

First Grade
Will the wristbands be on sale this week at Mt Smart for the Roosters game?

If I can get enough volunteers, yes. It'll be fairly low key, though. Demand is an issue, too - I need to get an idea of how many are likely to go. Will you be looking to get one?

Iafeta

Referee
Another tragic circumstance indeed. As I understand it, there have been a variety of support mechanisms in the Sonny Fai incident, and I believe the Bethells Beach Lifesavers Club has received benefits for it... If anything, it serves an unpleasant reminder of the perils of the ocean and the bravery of those who protect us in it.

Latest posts