What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Fai Wristband Appeal

Big Mick

Referee
I think it was poor of the NRL to not have some sort of recognition, it all seemed to be the club. Unless it was offered and the family refused?

No idea mate...but the NRL did really help us...especially when we needed help with distribution, the NRL paid for express post to NZ thanks to Mario.

Big Mick

Referee
Well that was a pretty good night out :D

Thank you to the Bronco's and Roosters fans for putting your hands in your pockets and supporting our cause. Also big thank you to the Sydney Roosters club for being so enthusiastic about it and even offering to invite us back if we do not sell them. Fantastic!

We sold about 230 bands up until kick off today which is fantastic considering non-warriors game and we were only at one gate. So that's another around $1k for the family :D

I'll be there at the Sharks vs Raiders game tomorrow, so if you are heading to the game, come by and say hi and buy a wristband :D

Raider_69

Post Whore
Well that was a pretty good night out :D

Thank you to the Bronco's and Roosters fans for putting your hands in your pockets and supporting our cause. Also big thank you to the Sydney Roosters club for being so enthusiastic about it and even offering to invite us back if we do not sell them. Fantastic!

We sold about 230 bands up until kick off today which is fantastic considering non-warriors game and we were only at one gate. So that's another around $1k for the family :D

I'll be there at the Sharks vs Raiders game tomorrow, so if you are heading to the game, come by and say hi and buy a wristband :D

Mick, the RA and i think the C-S-S-C are going to be at the sharkies leagues club from about 3:30pm onwards, if you've got time, there are probably going to be close to 100 people on hand collectively, maybe more, might be worth strolling through there if they allow it and spruke them.
Otherwise ill find you outside the gates and purchase

Big Mick

Referee
Mick, the RA and i think the C-S-S-C are going to be at the sharkies leagues club from about 3:30pm onwards, if you've got time, there are probably going to be close to 100 people on hand collectively, maybe more, might be worth strolling through there if they allow it and spruke them.
Otherwise ill find you outside the gates and purchase

Awesome mate!

If you want to PM me your PH number i'll let you know when I arrive as I need to go to the club to pick up my table and stuff to set up. I'm literally only like 5-10 minutes from Shark Park.

Big Mick

Referee
During this game too! haha

He's wearing it again tonight :D

He just has skinny arms.

Unfortunately we were not able to get a number of different sizes.

Jono Russell

Bench
Mick i'll be heading to Sharkies leagues pregame tomorrow. If I see you around i will come up to say hi and buy a band.

Great work mate.

TimmyB

Juniors
Wow.

I read about this in the paper and was absolutely touched. I remember they said it was a Penrith fan so I'm assuming the quotes were yours Mick?

You two should be so immensely proud of yourselves. Just an unbelievably lovely gesture. The sort of story that improves your day just to have heard it.

Big Mick

Referee
Wow.

I read about this in the paper and was absolutely touched. I remember they said it was a Penrith fan so I'm assuming the quotes were yours Mick?

You two should be so immensely proud of yourselves. Just an unbelievably lovely gesture. The sort of story that improves your day just to have heard it.

Thanks mate :D

David has worked extremely, extremely hard on this since day 1. We've both taken alot of time out of our regular working lives to ensure this works etc...and to see the response is probably the most rewarding thing.

Just ordinary league fans embracing this...its huge for us.

Every fan should remember that in their purchase they are contributing to changing someone's life. That's a HUGE feeling. The fan's are the people that deserve the most credit for this...without them, David and myself wouldn't be able to accomplish what we have so far. Its been the most rewarding and worthwhile thing i've ever done with my life...and spurred me to want to help others more...hence why i've since signed up for Starlight Make a Wish foundation :D Its an awesome feeling :D

Big Mick

Referee
So today guys, i'll be at Toyota Stadium from about 2pm onwards due to being a 5:30pm game.

They've told me they'll allocated space to me at the gate near the Western Grandstand, so I think that's the side where Cronulla-Caringbah normally play's and not the Leagues Club side.

So if you'd like a wristband, pop around and say hello :D

Big Mick

Referee
In my hand, probably 1,000-ish give or take a 100.

But should be getting about 2,500 from Dave that he has left next week...i'm thinking of heading up to Anzac test to do that. Will cost a heap to get up there...but it'd be a great experience.

Mick any chance of getting to the Knights game tomorrow mate? I know tonnes of Knights fans that wabt one... I might be biased but no-one puts their hand in their pocket for someone doing it tough like Newcastle people.

Sh!tloads of Warriors fans up here too...

Big Mick

Referee
Mick any chance of getting to the Knights game tomorrow mate? I know tonnes of Knights fans that wabt one... I might be biased but no-one puts their hand in their pocket for someone doing it tough like Newcastle people.

I realise that bro, but its a 2 and a bit hour drive, on Easter Sunday...it'd be a nightmare to get up and back...plus my parents would...well they wouldn't like it to be honest haha. And I need my dad there to help me sell.

But I may head to a Knights game in Sydney in the next 1-2 weeks. Just depends who allow's me to stay at the front of their ground haha.

Big Mick

Referee

Another option is I could send like a bulk package up to you guys, for all those interested in buying one?

No worries mate. I'll grab one in Sydney or online. Good luck man... it's a great thing you are doing. Fans like you are a credit to the game that Sonny, and all of us, love so much.

Another option is I could send like a bulk package up to you guys, for all those interested in buying one?

Mate I'll get back to you on that. I'm in the Knights Crusade and I reckon we could sell a few at EnergyAustralia for you and send you the cash. I'll get back to you shortly... just gotta talk to our boss!

Latest posts