What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Fai Wristband Appeal

Iafeta

Referee
Coby,

I know you are against what we are doing, that's well documented, but if all you are going to do is come in here and try and degrade what myself and Jebass are doing then don't post in here at all.

Its not about the money...because in the great scheme of things, that's not going to bring Sonny back. But its a way for league fans to honour Sonny and whatever we raise, it'll help the family in a small way.

I'd love to help that family as well...but i'm not a money tree and i've invested in this...and chose to progress with it. Same as i'm choosing to invest in the Make-a-wish foundation for Starlight.

Now if you'd like to start an appeal for that family...go right ahead, i'd applaud the initiative...and whatever you do for that family...i'd back it and donate...because I acknowledge they are doing it tough. When I heard that story last night, my heart sank. And if such a public appeal was to occur...i'd definately buy something or donate to support them.

I doubt anyone would seriously be against what you guys have set out to do, Mick/Dave. You guys have done a tremendous job in a very humane and gutsy manner and are a credit to the league community. Sonny up above and his family would be enormously proud of your efforts.

Kia Kaha.

TooheysNew

Coach
Coby,

I know you are against what we are doing, that's well documented, but if all you are going to do is come in here and try and degrade what myself and Jebass are doing then don't post in here at all.

Its not about the money...because in the great scheme of things, that's not going to bring Sonny back. But its a way for league fans to honour Sonny and whatever we raise, it'll help the family in a small way.

I'd love to help that family as well...but i'm not a money tree and i've invested in this...and chose to progress with it. Same as i'm choosing to invest in the Make-a-wish foundation for Starlight.

Now if you'd like to start an appeal for that family...go right ahead, i'd applaud the initiative...and whatever you do for that family...i'd back it and donate...because I acknowledge they are doing it tough. When I heard that story last night, my heart sank. And if such a public appeal was to occur...i'd definately buy something or donate to support them.
Mick,

You missed the point completely.

Cheers.

Big Mick

Referee
After reading Coby's PM, I've deleted my post as I know understand the context of that post.

In the future...I may ask some of the posters on the board to help me out with something that Coby has PMed me about...it sounds very good and something i'd like to get my teeth stuck into.

the pleasure was all mine, mate. Again, sterling effort, can not commend you and jebass enough for the work
i tried sending as many RA over as i could. fantastic cause :clap:

You did well Nick :)

I was more than happy to support a cause like this. :clap:

Well done to all involved in organising this as well. If I had seen this thread earlier I would stayed for a bit of a chat.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Hey guys,

Well yesterday was quite a slow afternoon. Only sold around abouts 105, but considering the crowd size that's fine.

Highlight 1 was meeting Raider 69. Nick it was a pleasure to meet you mate, and thanks for your support.

Highlight 2, a Cronulla fan walking through the gates, spotting me and my dad and saying "OH YEAH!...I WANT ONE OF THOSE...HEARD ABOUT THESE!"...that was awesome.

Highlight 3, Soloman Haumono came up to us and just gave us $20 and said "don't want a wristband, just wanted to donate"...what a lovely family he had and a great man. But bloody hell how big is he!...no wonder noone wants to fight him in his division...what a unit! haha.

Lowlight was one fan reading the piece of paper I had out and then saying she didn't want to buy one because I was a Penrith fan and Dave a Warriors fan...I really didn't understand that...must have been sniffing Petrol earlier in the day.

But this week...pending if i'm heading to NZ to present the preliminary cheque with David to the Fai's...i'll hopefully be at Penrith vs Bronco's on Friday night...and if I'm not heading to NZ this weekend, then i'll try make my way out to 1-2 games on Saturday/Sunday.

Hoping to also import a few bands back from Dave either next week or week after....and head up to Brisbane on May 5 for the test match...if anyone up in Brissy would like to lend me a hand up there if I get clearance to do so...i'd really appreciate it...because I get the feeling if I have 3-4k bands left...they'll go that night...and just me and dad might be a bit hectic hahaha.

Hey Mick

I've already spoken to JB through PM. I'm in Brisbane and would be more than willing to help out if needed. I'm not the world's best organiser but I can start putting the word out and try to get some word of mouth going and would be more than happy to volunteer if needed. I am a creative person as well so I'd be happy to put out flyers advertising the wristbands and things like that if/when you get permission to do it at Suncorp.

Anything else just let me know.

Big Mick

Referee
What has Dunny Fai got to do with Tigers v Storm. I won't be supporting the cause that is for sure.

An attention seeking waste of time.

Awesome...thank you...I wouldn't want a person like you supporting us. If you attend the game...and i'm there...please come up and say hello...there's a few things i'd love to give you...But i'm sure you wouldn't be man enough to come up to my face and say anything.

Now if you'd kindly piss off out of this thread and stop spreading your cancer in it.

Its people like you that really make me angry...what have you ever done for anyone?...aside from being a complete ass...

Yet you bag people for trying to do good. You sir are the ultimate cancer and in time...you'll get what's coming to you...may not be soon...but in time you will.

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Since my earlier post failed to get through, I'll say it again: well done to all involved with this initiative, and don't let douches like STC get to you. :)

El Diablo

Post Whore
Awesome...thank you...I wouldn't want a person like you supporting us. If you attend the game...and i'm there...please come up and say hello...there's a few things i'd love to give you...But i'm sure you wouldn't be man enough to come up to my face and say anything.

Now if you'd kindly piss off out of this thread and stop spreading your cancer in it.

Its people like you that really make me angry...what have you ever done for anyone?...aside from being a complete ass...

Yet you bag people for trying to do good. You sir are the ultimate cancer and in time...you'll get what's coming to you...may not be soon...but in time you will.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=21859

Billy Gunn

Juniors
Well that was a pretty good night out :D

Thank you to the Bronco's and Roosters fans for putting your hands in your pockets and supporting our cause. Also big thank you to the Sydney Roosters club for being so enthusiastic about it and even offering to invite us back if we do not sell them. Fantastic!

We sold about 230 bands up until kick off today which is fantastic considering non-warriors game and we were only at one gate. So that's another around $1k for the family :D

I'll be there at the Sharks vs Raiders game tomorrow, so if you are heading to the game, come by and say hi and buy a wristband :D

I was at that game and my 7 year old daughter bought one off you guys when I told her the story of what you guys were doing and what had happened to Sonny.

Great job guys - good luck with selling the rest

Iafeta

Referee
Hey Mick/Dave, got them in the mail today boys... Cheers. Next game for us is a road-trip to Melbourne, and we'll be wearing them for Sonny and his family.

Great work!!

Big Mick

Referee
I was at that game and my 7 year old daughter bought one off you guys when I told her the story of what you guys were doing and what had happened to Sonny.

Great job guys - good luck with selling the rest

What a beautiful young lady

I was amazed at how many Children wore one.

I felt so shocked being there...I didn't know whether to yell out "sonny Fai WRistbands" or sit there...I thought if I yelled out i'd be like the woman that yell's "BIG LEAGUE!!"...didn't really wanna do it hahaha.

But thank you so much for your support mate!

If your little one wants to take a photo with the wristband...we're putting together a photo album for the Fai's showing all the fan's that are supporting the cause...a nice touch we think...let me know if you'd like to be part of it :D

BWNB

First Grade
Hi boys, my wristbands arrived today.
Thanks Mick, I only ordered one but the rest of the money was a small donation.
Cheers