What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO 3 - QLD v NSW *SPOILERS*

Jobdog

Live Update Team
And we didn't make wholesale changes because? The series is over, this was a perfect game for some of the youngsters in the NRL to be given a shot at Origin. Sure, they might have gotten their backsides spanked, which is precisely what the team that was named will have done to them anyway. If they lost, its 3-0 and its not such a bad thing because of the experience gained, but no they decide to keep the same side as game two, with the only changes being to players who are injured.

icewind

Juniors
news just in: qld selectors rest the current qld team.

team will be as follows:

1. Bowen
2. Folau
3. Tonga
4. Minto
5. Rogers
6. Burns
7. Prince
8. Ross
9. Payne
10.Scott
11.Carlaw
12.Thorn
13.Cooper

14.Parker
15.Hannant
16.Taylor
17.Marsh

macavity

Referee
icewind said:

team will be as follows:

1. Bowen
2. Folau
3. Tonga
4. Minto
5. Rogers
6. Burns
7. Prince
8. Ross
9. Payne
10.Scott
11.Carlaw
12.Thorn
13.Cooper

14.Parker
15.Hannant
16.Taylor
17.Marsh

3-0

Tommax25

Bench
macavity said:
play for manly.

oh wait a minute...

thats stupid if u have to play for manly to get selection and he didnt get selected then your point has nothing, even though I know you are referring to lyon and his constant selection despite crapness, although I think they may have kept him for his goalkicking alone, and anyway manly is second by 6 points but have 4 players in the 2 teams, 3 if u dont count stewart who wouldnt have been picked without the injuries how do the sharks/knights get 3 players then if they are halfway down the ladder? if this thing went on certain clubs getting preferntial treatment manly players stewart, kite, watmough, bell, lyon,orford would be there and hicks, monnas would have gone close, but they didnt all get selected only 3 (first choice) were so ur arguements poor. game over

Tommax25

Bench
I know bell is included I meant first choices (stewart wasn't a first choice so I didn't include him in my argument), like if the selectors just pick players regardless of form from certain teams such as the broncos, roosters, bulldogs and in this case manly

Hurriflatch

Referee
icewind said:

team will be as follows:

1. Bowen
2. Folau
3. Tonga
4. Minto
5. Rogers
6. Burns
7. Prince
8. Ross
9. Payne
10.Scott
11.Carlaw
12.Thorn
13.Cooper

14.Parker
15.Hannant
16.Taylor
17.Marsh

C'mon there has gotta be a spot for Daniel Wagon

skeepe said:
Too true. I was listening to a little bit of 2GB on Sunday, and Bob Fulton mentioned that he thought Jamie Lyon was the best defensive centre in the game. I knew then that he would be retained.

OH FFS! This comment epitomises all those associated with the NSW Team, and primarily the selectors.

"Defensive" - absolutely negative. They are not interested in putting the best possible team on the paddock that will both entertain the crowd and give us the biggest chance of a win. Rather - they have the mentaility of "Dont want to lose" - ie saving face and putting in a solid performance is more important.

Queenslanders are right in their assessment of SOO. They play for the pride of their state - Qld, and NSW play for themselves - to protect their own skins and not those of their brothers.

This series has been the most boring in memory, and I too hope we get lapped by the Maroons. Bob McCarthy should be sacked on the spot, and I hope the whole lot of dinosaur selectors aren't too far behind him. Orogin lost its flair long ago when these neandethals starting selecting sides, using the old "they've done the job before" line.

Well McCarthy, Daley, Fulton & co - you HAVEN'T done the job this year, you DIDN'T do the job last year - You WILL NOT DO THE JOB NEXT YEAR if sanity prevails. Anything otherwise is an insult to our state.

It makes me cringe to say - "Go Queensland!!!'

steeden.

Juniors
from qrl.com.au

XXXX QUEENSLAND MAROONS
v New South Wales 'Wizard' Blues
Suncorp Stadium
July 4, 2007

1. Karmichael HUNT
(Brisbane Broncos)
2. Brent TATE (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Steven BELL (Manly Sea Eagles)
4. Justin HODGES (Brisbane Broncos)
5. Greg INGLIS (Melbourne Storm)
6. Darren LOCKYER (c) (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Johnathan THURSTON (North QLD Cowboys)
8. Steve PRICE (New Zealand Warriors)
9. Cameron SMITH (Melbourne Storm)
10. Petero CIVONICEVA (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Tonie CARROLL (Brisbane Broncos)
12. Carl WEBB (North QLD Cowboys)
13. Dallas JOHNSON (Melbourne Storm)

Interchange:
14. Shaun BERRIGAN (Brisbane Broncos)
15. Jacob LILLYMAN (North QLD Cowboys)
16. Nate MYLES (Sydney Roosters)
17. Neville COSTIGAN (Canberra Raiders)

Coach: Mal MENINGA

Prodigiousman

Juniors
who would come in for Johnson if he isn't fit? I'd imagine they'd just move Carroll to lock and bring in a second rower.

Will Carlaw get rewarded for being 18th man or do they pick another prop like Hannant or does Gavin Cooper get picked on potential?

Hurriflatch

Referee
bring in Daniel Wagon if Johnson is ruled out

cause I want to see at least 1 Parra player be in a winning Origin side so that rules out Hayne and Hindy

parra pete

Referee
Hurriflatch said:
Lyon still being there, King still on the wing

total disgrace of a side the sooner Fulton and McCarthy die the better

Mate, its only a game.....Never wish death on anyone...

Snoop

Coach
Geez. Some fickle NSW fans. I can't think what it would take for me to say 'Go NSW' but it would take much more than some sh*tty selections.