What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO NSW tent - roll call

bartman

Immortal
Down to 749 now N-T. I have a habit of using too many commas, so Willow is giving it a once over for me before I post :lol:.

I had a structure beforehand where I included numbers in my line-ups on my article. I felt like I was cheating. :lol:

Titanic

First Grade
Down to 749 now N-T. I have a habit of using too many commas, so Willow is giving it a once over for me before I post :lol:.

Not that I want to interfere, however, you could try using a few words as well :crazy: maybe throw in some vowels and even a consonant or two.

bartman

Immortal
I had a structure beforehand where I included numbers in my line-ups on my article. I felt like I was cheating. :lol:
:lol: And sometimes spelling out a long number can help strectch the word count out a bit more - I've been there...

Not that I want to interfere, however, you could try using a few words as well :crazy: maybe throw in some vowels and even a consonant or two.
Would you like to buy a vowel? ;-)

You love your commas don't ya Bart? ;)
Would you believe I might need to add a few into the draft...? Must have adjusted too much for my comma fetish :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Top stuff bart :clap:

Just three to go...

I've just penned mine, needs a paragraph or two but it'll be in on time.

Jason and Dave.... how are you lads travelling?

Dave Q

Coach
Dear Willow,

The main thrust of it has been done, I am actually over the word-limit and looking for the final act.

I also have some referencing to do.

Interested viewers with magical powers can see the progress of the piece being written in the rabbitoh locker room round 5 match.

I dont read other pieces in the matches until I am finished as it may influence me.

Its a bit way over the top, even for me, and I fallen back on my usual theme of trying to make sense of the game.

People say I shouldnt be troubled by the physchological and philosophical issues of the game, that I should just enjoy it. But I cant do that.

As a general observation, I am really enjoying this season more than most. To see the less fancied sides standing up while the big guys have to resort to using less than stellar players in some positions, well its been quite a personal thrill.

The walls of the game are tumbling down, power is shifting, old allegiences are crumbling and its all being played out before us.

Its a pity the off season stuff has distracted us from enjoying what is a really great footy season..

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Interested viewers with magical powers can see the progress of the piece being written in the rabbitoh locker room round 5 match.
Well that'd be only Rabbitohs players then. lol

Never mind Dave, I'm sure it will be brilliant and you know the drill now. I'll leave it in your capable hands.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Writing my article up at the moment. I can reveal the title: "Why I Hate Queensland". Thought I should go with something on-topic for my first appearance in the sacred Sky Blue. Will hopefully have it done in the next hour or so.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Guys, I apologise, but the article proved harder to write than I thought. I scrapped the whole thing and started again from a different angle, but I've run out of time. I start work at 6, otherwise I'd be fine getting it done.

byrne: if you want to sub in mate since you've got one ready to go, go for it. ;-)

I will complete the article for the next Dragons game I'm involved in so you guys can see what I was cooking.

Again I apologise. Should have started working on it a little earlier.

Now I must harken to the summons of SWMBO, who's up me for working on this instead of doing the washing up. :D

Jesbass

First Grade
Good luck Blues. Make sure you put a hit on their juice boy. I hear he squeezes oranges like a girl.

Hey ray...let's play the Hopoate -V- Galloway game. As I'm in the Queensland camp, I can be the guy in a maroon jersey, and you can be the guy wearing blue... :crazy:

1481.jpg

I didn't realise you were a ginga, ray! :sarcasm:

Jesbass

First Grade
Guys, I apologise, but the article proved harder to write than I thought. I scrapped the whole thing and started again from a different angle, but I've run out of time. I start work at 6, otherwise I'd be fine getting it done.

byrne: if you want to sub in mate since you've got one ready to go, go for it. ;-)

I will complete the article for the next Dragons game I'm involved in so you guys can see what I was cooking.

Again I apologise. Should have started working on it a little earlier.

Now I must harken to the summons of SWMBO, who's up me for working on this instead of doing the washing up. :D

Fret not, Jason. My poisoned oranges have felled many a New South Welshman over the years. :cool:

Genuinely looking forward to seeing the finished piece in the Dragons match, though! :thumn

Hey ray...let's play the Hopoate -V- Galloway game. As I'm in the Queensland camp, I can be the guy in a maroon jersey, and you can be the guy wearing blue... :crazy:

1481.jpg

I didn't realise you were a ginga, ray! :sarcasm:

I still remember being at Penrith Stadium the day that happened. At half-time the ground announcer said "An update on the Sea Eagles-Sharks matc, John Hopoate has been sent off!!"

I've never heard a crowd cheer like that since.

Latest posts