What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sooooo Whats The Team V Parramatta Seal

hitman82

Bench
I'm not too down on Henry- it was his debut. But can we please stop trying to solve our centre shortage with our second row abundance? It is not going to work.

I agree. We should try Ukuma at centre.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I like how the Eels fans are confident. I'm not sure why but they are. I wish we we played this game later in the year though so we would be guarnteed to put 40 on them. I f**king hate Parramatta.

Micistm

Bench
Lol, anyone see NRL on Fox last night? Matty Johns picking the Eels (very tongue in cheek though I think), and paying out Warriors and Kiwis in general big time.
Manu must've shit in his sock drawer or something, he's got a real issue about the Warriors

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Lol, anyone see NRL on Fox last night? Matty Johns picking the Eels (very tongue in cheek though I think), and paying out Warriors and Kiwis in general big time.
Manu must've shit in his sock drawer or something, he's got a real issue about the Warriors

Doesn't like NZ or NZers after his well-publicised 'issue'

Micistm

Bench
Doesn't like NZ or NZers after his well-publicised 'issue'

He was seriously going to town, and a little sideswipe at Joey as well for good measure.
And although it was supposedly in good humour, there was definately a bitter element kicking in, it was pretty obvious.
All the sweeter if the Warriors go well in '12:lol:

Meth

Staff member
He was seriously going to town, and a little sideswipe at Joey as well for good measure.
And although it was supposedly in good humour, there was definately a bitter element kicking in, it was pretty obvious.
All the sweeter if the Warriors go well in '12:lol:

Can you be more specific about what he said?

Micistm

Bench
Hmm, from memory...it continued on from his prediction the Warriors wouldn't make the eight. Apparently that started a flood of emails giving it to 'em. One specifically he read out.
For the most part, it was bloody funny, and he was taking the piss out of the writer, who was tbh an idiot! Went on to hassle NZ about being backward, and was calling the emails from NZ faxes. That was funny enough.
But this 'Fax' he got- basically asked if Matty was on drugs, we had the best Coach in Cleary(!), the best halves and forwards, Joey was on our coaching squad and was a better player than him...
Matty went to town on this guy- First going around the panel to ask everyone who was coaching Penrith (Probably a bit harsh, the writer may have just Freudian slipped there), in response to his 'are you of drugs' he said 'You got the wrong brother'...not sure how to take that- Genuine joke or shot? Then from there it was just all a bit of a rant.
At the end of the show, picking the Eels to win this week- the others on the panel hit him up: 'Really?! You're really dirty on the Warriors, aren't you?' He responded by saying he needed friends, gave a thumbs up to the Eels fans and said he was with them!

It really was quite bizarre. Some was clearly tongue in cheek, some was obviously joking and deliberately to wind up people to write in...but there was just a feeling with it that maybe there is something nasty and bitter there... I dunno, just a hunch. Who cares really, anyway when it comes down to it? Doesn't matter, was just interesting.

On the subject of this game, I still believe anyone can beat anyone on any given day, so I do hope this game is not taken lightly. Especially with Hayne back.

JoeD

First Grade
In his footy show days m johns came across as a lighthearted prankster type, now he justs seems cynical and bitter.

Meth

Staff member
Every year an expert comes out and says that the Warriors will finish outside the 8, or last. Water off a ducks back.

Although it is a bizarre call to make about a team that has just competed in a Grand Final.