What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soufs > Roosters

Mr Saab

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
You must live an exciting life Timmah...

The words..."exciting....life...timmah" just do not go together.
Farkwit, loser, tossah, pissant, and dickhead do blend in well when using his name.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
t-ba said:
It's good value. How hilarious would it be if they crashed and burned halfway through the season?
Tbh it would be absolutely great ;-)

I wouldn't have as bigger problem with Souths as I do if they weren't always being shoved in your face every day. Eg, the whole "lets sack our cheerleaders and bring drummers to our games." Why did they do that? Because they hadn't been in the papers for a day.

If they weren't in my face every day, I'd feel extremely happy for them, but because of this, I hope they crash and burn. But in saying that, every time I want them to lose, they f**king win :fist:

Maybe I should start tipping them, you know, the old reverse psychology thing :cool:

Azkatro

First Grade
S.S.T.I.D said:
You'd think after 100 years, 20 leagues, countless internationals, that we had earnt our right to be in the league f**kwit.
Even if it means dragging the standard of the competition down consistently like no other side for a near 20 year period?

No team has a "right" to be in the competition - it's a privilege. That's something the South Sydney football club seems to have only just realised in 2006. How do you think Newtown fans feel about Souths' "right" to be in the comp?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Azkatro said:
Even if it means dragging the standard of the competition down consistently like no other side for a near 20 year period?

No team has a "right" to be in the competition - it's a privilege. That's something the South Sydney football club seems to have only just realised in 2006. How do you think Newtown fans feel about Souths' "right" to be in the comp?

Newtown were broke. And quite frankly I couldn't care less about Newtown anyhow.

We have never been broke, not in 1990, not in 1999 and not since we have been back in the league.

You are right, it is a privelage to be in the league, one that we have earnt over 100 years. If we were broke and sucked money from the league and game as a whole, fair enough. But we haven't.

And its not as though we won 10 spoons straight before we got punted. We only won the spoon once in the '90's. Hardly dragging the standard of the comp down. It's only since we returned that we have really struggled to keep up.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Jobdog said:

I wouldn't have as bigger problem with Souths as I do if they weren't always being shoved in your face every day. Eg, the whole "lets sack our cheerleaders and bring drummers to our games." Why did they do that? Because they hadn't been in the papers for a day.

If they weren't in my face every day, I'd feel extremely happy for them, but because of this, I hope they crash and burn. But in saying that, every time I want them to lose, they f**king win :fist:

Yes, I guess there are not enough Newcastle stories or personalities on the box.

Azkatro

First Grade
S.S.T.I.D said:
Newtown were broke. And quite frankly I couldn't care less about Newtown anyhow.

We have never been broke, not in 1990, not in 1999 and not since we have been back in the league.

You are right, it is a privelage to be in the league, one that we have earnt over 100 years. If we were broke and sucked money from the league and game as a whole, fair enough. But we haven't.

And its not as though we won 10 spoons straight before we got punted. We only won the spoon once in the '90's. Hardly dragging the standard of the comp down. It's only since we returned that we have really struggled to keep up.
No, of course ... the 1999 criteria had nothing to do with the financial status of the club, it was purely because the big bad News Limited wanted to get rid of all the dirty ARL teams, right? :roll:

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
Timmah said:
:lol:

Poor Goosters.

***feel free to bookmark this Rooster fans***

I'll eat my words if the Roosters can come back and make the finals, absolutely ;-)
That'd taste like sh*t eh? ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Spot on Captian ;-)

Oh brooksy... where are you brooksy?

brooksy19 said:
Dogs to be 0-4 next week.
Considering your opposition is the form team of the competition, I recommend checking one's own backyard ;-)

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Azkatro said:
No, of course ... the 1999 criteria had nothing to do with the financial status of the club, it was purely because the big bad News Limited wanted to get rid of all the dirty ARL teams, right? :roll:

Maybe, I'm not sure.

But we weren't broke, perhaps we had less financial streams than other clubs, but we could still afford to pay our way, plus some. 1999 was easily our best season of the decade and the club was really going somewhere. We were punted for no reason.

Either way, neither I nor any other Souths fan needs to justify the clubs position in the league to you or anyone else.

NGR

Juniors
Azkatro said:
lol f**k off.

you dont know sh*t and you sit here pretending to know...:roll:

and heres a few :roll::sarcasm::crazy: to get you off

Jobdog said:

Maybe I should start tipping them, you know, the old reverse psychology thing :cool:

Fancy a Knights supporter complaining about Souths being in the papers everday.:roll:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Well at least we don't get rid of our cheergirls to put in a bunch of drummers :roll:

Timmah

Staff member
no.2_lukeburt said:
id have them both.

how awesome would that be.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind drumming a few of the cheerleaders :sarcasm:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Titanic said:
The best thing about the Souths' resurgence is that at last we won't have to put up with the weekly comments excusing piss-poor under-achieving peformances justifying their existance. Keep it up Bunnies .... please.

Souths Sydney Rabbitohs: 20 premierships - most in the league.
A foundation club, entered in 1908.
Immortals.
Internationals.
Legends.

Gold Coast: 1 win.
Chris Walker.

Danish

Referee
Why single out souths??

* > Roosters as of Round 3...

As for souths, notching up 3 wins against 3 rather pedestrian teams is one thing, keeping that winning record over the next 5 is quite another:

Dogs (Neutral)
Knights (Neutral)
Cowboys (Away)
Warriors (Home)
Broncos (Away)

If they can win 3 out of those 5 i will be very impressed, and consider them a good chance for the top 8. Win 4 or even all 5, and they are a lock.

However, all 5 teams are roughly 4598684739 times better than the 3 pack of losers they have faced, so they have quite a tough road ahead of them for the next few rounds.

Timmah

Staff member
Cronulla were hardly pedestrian the other night... but having said that, Souths put them away comfortably. It was a hard one to gauge them on to be honest, Cronulla can be fascinating at moments then utterly woeful the next. The real test will come Friday and over the following weeks, but the signs are good out Redfern way IMO.

Unfortunately for you Danish, things are absolutely terrible out Bondi way, no matter how you slice it. Something's gotta give.

t-ba

Post Whore
Azkatro said:

Any Criteria that objectively places Cronulla above Penrith, North QLD and Canberra is cracked...Not only did the NRL make up the solvency criteria in late 1999 purely to axe Norths, but the money they injected into SL aligned clubs skewed it and ruined its objectivity as a measure.

Latest posts