What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soufs > Roosters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm glad one person from the Eagles' ranks admits what the NRL did to Norths and the CC's chances of an NRL identity.

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:
I'm glad one person from the Eagles' ranks admits what the NRL did to Norths and the CC's chances of an NRL identity.

Hey, the NRL screwed Norths over. I'd say most Manly fans would agree. It's the NEagles debacle that is the bone of contention, and frankly, no party is innocent when it comes to that, especially Norths.

Danish

Referee
Timmah said:
Cronulla were hardly pedestrian the other night... but having said that, Souths put them away comfortably. It was a hard one to gauge them on to be honest, Cronulla can be fascinating at moments then utterly woeful the next. The real test will come Friday and over the following weeks, but the signs are good out Redfern way IMO.

Unfortunately for you Danish, things are absolutely terrible out Bondi way, no matter how you slice it. Something's gotta give.

And yet we are only a 2 points behind you...

There are very few things needed to be changed at the roosters to get them back on track. Its just a case of whethe the club has the guts to do it that is the problem. Having a just 1 playmaker with some attacking flair would have seen off Manly and tested the bunnies, and he is already in at the club...

Drop Aubusson and Paea from the bench, bring in Soward and Stranger/Ndaira, Soward to 5/8, Anasta to Lock, Plum to the bench. Done. Plum can be brought back into the run on side if fitzy keeps playing terrible.

Of Souths next few games, i expect the dogs to be the easiest. Souths have shown their forwards are up to it, and thats all the dogs have to them. The doggies particularly slow backline will be no match for the sheer pace and footwork of Merritt, Peachey and co.

Timmah

Staff member
The problem is Anderson and his lack of foresight as coach. His luck ran out with Melbourne in 1999, he's never looked the goods since.

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:
The problem is Anderson and his lack of foresight as coach. His luck ran out with Melbourne in 1999, he's never looked the goods since.

The Sharks were damn good in 2002. He also did a great job in the 2003 ashes with a spare bits kangaroos squad.

Ando's big problem is that he's just warming the seat for freddy, and everyone, from him to the players and the RL world, know that Nick Politis is just marking time until Fittler feels he is ready to step up.

Timmah

Staff member
On the same note, I fear Politis is marking his own time as chairman in that respect... something's gotta give.