What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soundwave leaks two bands for 2013 lineup

franklin2323

Immortal
$187? shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
I was keen on seeing Motion City Soundtrack, Offspring, Linken Park, All Time Low and Sum 41... But that is a lot of moolah.

Yeah it is but. Linkin Park was $150 last time. Offspring's cancelled show was $60. So there's 210 just on those 2 bands.

Monk

Referee
I'd pay $60 to see Offspring Live. Wouldn't pay 150 to see LP though.

Might just hope for a sidewave.

adamkungl

Immortal
Metallica, Anthrax, Dragonforce, Blink182, Offspring, Kyuss, Paramore, Ghost should take up most of the day :D

franklin2323

Immortal
I'd pay $60 to see Offspring Live. Wouldn't pay 150 to see LP though.

Might just hope for a sidewave.

That's why I didn't watch them. Sidewaves are normally about that. AJ likes the small venues and the cancelled show was at the Enmore. It would expect very similar this time around.

natheel

Coach
AJ has tweeted (earlier) that there will be to big metal bands in the 2nd announcement

Big 4 anybody?

natheel

Coach
That would be too much jizz for one pair of pants.

Regardless, needs more metal.

They have said it'll be

40% Metal
40% Punk
20% Rock

safe to say the linup so far is covered the Rock part

2 big metal bands apparently in the last announcement.
i'm think a few punk bands will be there too

all up 15 more are being announced.

and on the price. AJ said it's just up for this year only as its their 10 year anniversary. Next year will go back to normal

eg normal prices and normal 4 headliners

this is just Metallica as the Main Headliners

age.s

First Grade
AJ has tweeted (earlier) that there will be to big metal bands in the 2nd announcement

Big 4 anybody?

Opeth. :pray:

Also as has been mentioned Soundwave is f**king amazing. Really knows it's market of metal/rock/punk heads born in the early/mid 80s. Always several bands who hit the nostalgia spot incredibly hard. Linkin Park, Blink and APC this year.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
Opeth. :pray:

Also as has been mentioned Soundwave is f**king amazing. Really knows it's market of metal/rock/punk heads born in the early/mid 80s. Always several bands who hit the nostalgia spot incredibly hard. Linkin Park, Blink and APC this year.

i understand why he got Metallica i mean they sold out shows in arenas across Australia it pretty much guarantees a sell out for this festival in all cities!

Its weird on the poster that the 'big names' or well known bands just drop off after flogging molly and goes to an unknown band (by most people) in Ghost. Just shows that he has something up his sleeve.

Zigwaa

Bench
After doing some youtubing I am going to be downloading more music from these bands, they look the goods for me

Kingdom of sorrow
memphis may fire
While she sleeps
Of Mice And Men
Kingdom of sorrow
Cancer Bats

Memphis May Fire are awesome, check the album "The Hollow" or download tracks "The deceived" or "The sinner".

sydraider

First Grade
I have a feeling Testament may be one of those bands. I cant see the Big 4 happening without them being the last 4 bands on the main stages. I cant see linkin Park or offspring relagated to afternoon slots on the main stage, weirder things have happened though.

So Yeah I have a gut feeling Testament will be one of the big metal bands he is talking about.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I have a feeling Testament may be one of those bands. I cant see the Big 4 happening without them being the last 4 bands on the main stages. I cant see linkin Park or offspring relagated to afternoon slots on the main stage, weirder things have happened though.

So Yeah I have a gut feeling Testament will be one of the big metal bands he is talking about.

Why can't Megadeth and Slayer play on the metal stage? Slayer headlined the metal stage two years ago. That was followed by Iron Maiden on the main stage. Also the amount of standing room at the metal stages should be enough to accommodate the fans of those bands (at least there was in Brisbane).

Most metal fans wouldn't be too impressed with watching bands like Blink 182, Linkin Park and Offspring on the main stage. Perhaps AJ doesn't want to alienate one of the core demographics of his festival and will give them what they want on the metal stage while those bands are playing?

The first announcement suggest's he aiming more for the casual music fan with his choice of headline acts. My belief is that the second announcement will cater more for the core metal and punk fans.

I could be wrong about the Big 4. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility just on the basis of what stage they can play on. Of course there's that little voice in my head that's telling me if the Big 4 were to be included, it would have happened in the first announcement. But stranger things have happened.

I think it is going to be bands along the lines of Disturbed or Korn as the 2 bigger acts. Probably not everyones cup of tea, but Disturbed are big crowd pullers when they tour Aus, and Korn have that Nostalgia much like Limp Bizkit had last year which worked a treat.

Its also been a while since we have had a big Aussie band play, so I am gonna put money on Parkway Drive to headline the Metal Stage.

Red Bear

Referee
I think it is going to be bands along the lines of Disturbed or Korn as the 2 bigger acts. Probably not everyones cup of tea, but Disturbed are big crowd pullers when they tour Aus, and Korn have that Nostalgia much like Limp Bizkit had last year which worked a treat.

Its also been a while since we have had a big Aussie band play, so I am gonna put money on Parkway Drive to headline the Metal Stage.
Nah, AJ doesnt sign up Aussie bands

franklin2323

Immortal
There might be 2 Main Stages a metal and a mixed. Given Metallica will play 2 hours. LP, Blink & Offspring would play 90mins+. Then you have potential Main stage bands APC, Garbage, Sum 41. Hell last time they were here Paramore played main stage. Add the next bands as well. Only limited time in a day.

Latest posts