What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Australian NRL Coverage by Channel 9

Zigwaa

Bench
Up to 165 signatures, need to get the ball rolling for more signatures. Might hit to twitter for some retweets

Zigwaa

Bench
did you get a reply from Greenberg?

Nope. I even hit him up again saying the NRL head of football should be concered with the issue but again nothing.

The Rugby League Week Mole gave me a retweet though!

Up to 180 signatures

Signed just then.

That is horse shit by Nein and shithouse by the NRL.

Good work Zigwaa.

This should be noted especially if/when that bullshit "Fan Appreciation Round" eventuates. What a load of shit that is.

Zigwaa

Bench
Signed just then.

That is horse shit by Nein and shithouse by the NRL.

Good work Zigwaa.

This should be noted especially if/when that bullshit "Fan Appreciation Round" eventuates. What a load of shit that is.

Cheers mate, appreciate the support. Up to 195 signatures, nearly at the 200 mark.

I received a letter from the NRL saying thanks for copying them in my letter to Channel 9 adn that they have raised this issue with them and awaiting a response.

Hopefully they "respond" soon as this will be the 5th week in a row of bullshit timeslots.

Diesel

Referee
It's like the NRL are too scare to tell 9 to sort this shit out. It should only take one phone call

undertaker

Coach
Channel 9: the gift that keeps giving. Only three more years after this year, THREE MORE YEARS! Absolutely disgraceful that they've been allowed to do this to the poor folk in Adelaide. Could you imagine if Ch7 did the same thing to the AFL in Sydney and Brisbane? Demetriou would be the first person on the phone to them blasting management in those cities. I can't believe Ch9 have been allowed to get away with this.

Will be interesting to see what happens in 2017 given they will not have the first-and-last rights clause in their corner to save them.

wain

Juniors
same deal again tonight.

Its so frustrating, great job getting the petition going boys...but bottom line is, there shouldnt need to be a petition. It shouldnt be us trying to show there is interest. Correct me if Im wrong, but they are breaking a contract stating they would show the games the same time nation wide. If that's the case, how are the NRL not doing something about this?

Zigwaa

Bench
I received a letter from the NRL as I sent them a copy of the letter I sent channel 9, it thanked me for copying them in and that they understand my frustrations.

They ended the letter with saying they have raised the issue with Channel 9 and are waiting on a response. Shouldn't they be demanding a response?

We're up to 267 signatures now. I'll post the petition this week with signature and comments and again when we get more if they haven't taken action.

Jeffmister

Juniors
They ended the letter with saying they have raised the issue with Channel 9 and are waiting on a response. Shouldn't they be demanding a response?
Exactly, IIRC it was part of Nine's agreement with the NRL that their matches would in each state either air on Nine or GEM. As such, the NRL should be demanding that Nine honour their contract.

However as seen with the bit about two hours of NRL content on Ch 94, the NRL/Nine are useless as each other in honouring their contract

oikee

Juniors
You can nearly see Eddie McGuire answering that call, hello, "oh hi, it's Dave Smith asking about our league programming on Gem into other states". "No worries eave it with me".
"Who was that eddie," ? "oh nobody, just a prank caller".

Look, until league cuts the umbilical cord from channel nine, dont expect anything new , or until nine wants the rights again.
If nine get the rights in 2018, rugby league will be put to sleep for good.

insert.pause

First Grade
Friday night games are on saturday on gem @ 12.55am and 2.55am.

Ridiculous, they are supposed to be contractually obligated to show it live to air nationally.

Diesel

Referee
That's bullshit and it's even worse if the ARLC are aware of this and nothing has happened

wain

Juniors
Yep, no live nrl this weekend despite the contract stating live national coverage. Time for some more letters to the NRL

Latest posts