What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney - JOKE of the league.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
sharks4ever said:
i mean looking at the dogs it took them a good 20years to do anything in rugby league and now they are one of the biggest clubs today

:| They won two premierships in their first 8 years.

sharks4ever

Juniors
my bad got mixed up with wat i was typing i was meant to say the bulldogs have the 2 worst defeats ever and they are now a strong club

boonboon

Juniors
Souths are a joke they have been a joke for the last 10 years and didnt deserve to be back in the comp. They will however improve greatly under the new owners but that doesent happen in a few weeks it will be next year and then the year after

Today was a low day for rugby league because a team was that uncompetiotive but also because only 6000 people (didnt look that many) turned up in a stadium that holds 100000

On the other hand though isnt good to see how the warriors have fought back from adversity this year and starting to play some good football again
Great Work Ivan Cleary

Also to those who critcise Shaun mcRae , wait till he has something to work with not just players but facilities to train at
He isnt the worst coach in the NRL at the moment that is for sure
He is much Better then Ricky Stuart (worst in NRL) and Nathan brown (fairly useless)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sad to see any team struggling so badly but at what point do you say enough is enough? They are very poor on the field, off the field they have virtually no supporters left and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel other than new owners. At some point the NRL has to stop throwing good money after bad. I would give them 3 seasons to turn it around or else be looking for a new franchise to replace them. personally i think all teams should be on 5 year franchises and if they aren't performing to a set standard then other clubs/cities should have the opportunity to put in a rival franchise bid.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Why is the attitude to cut clubs constantly? Every other code wants to expand.

I feel sorry for Souths plight at present but I'll take the win over them with a smile on my face because one day they may turn it around be the one doing the winning. Based on this year and todays result, it will take a while. The supporters of clubs Norths, Balmain, Wests and Newtown that never got a 2nd chance must be pretty peeved though.

redVgirl

Juniors
especially norths. at least wests/balmain/steelers fans all have a merged club to follow. poor norths fans were left with absolutely NOTHING.

Humphrey

Juniors
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
To take your comment a bit further, yes if the Warriors were in the situation ie 2004 yes I wouldn't like 'other' fans dissing us. But, I've craped out on my team before but I stick by them. But unlike some Warriors fans I don't just walk out on them.
But the exucses being given for the Rabbitohs just isn't on.

Shes rights she never gives up on her Warriors but your right she can diss but cant take it either. Shes just reflecting a teeny-bopper point of view forgive her.she hasnt been around long enough to know lows and highs and appreciate a rich family loyaly. We Warriors are newbies on the bloke we shouldnt be bagging off a club with nearly a century of history when weve been round barely a day

From where I sit nearly every club that been around more than a couple of decades has been in this posy. For those of us that supported a Sydney club before the invention of the Warriors we had our fair share of lows and no one should forget them Some clubs are only in there cause they amalgamated. But no one has suffered like the Souths club.In since 1908 then out then back again on the whim of some very narrow minded short sighted and 'illegal' interfernce by a very dodget competition board. Sure the stabilitys a bit shaken.

Time heals all

Iafeta

Referee
boonboon said:
Souths are a joke they have been a joke for the last 10 years and didnt deserve to be back in the comp. They will however improve greatly under the new owners but that doesent happen in a few weeks it will be next year and then the year after

Today was a low day for rugby league because a team was that uncompetiotive but also because only 6000 people (didnt look that many) turned up in a stadium that holds 100000

On the other hand though isnt good to see how the warriors have fought back from adversity this year and starting to play some good football again
Great Work Ivan Cleary

Also to those who critcise Shaun mcRae , wait till he has something to work with not just players but facilities to train at
He isnt the worst coach in the NRL at the moment that is for sure
He is much Better then Ricky Stuart (worst in NRL) and Nathan brown (fairly useless)

He'll never get any credit, but I think Tony Kemp started to right the ship to be honest. The game plan was a lot more basic looking at completing sets getting to the kick etc. What Cleary has built upon is little things like speed out of dummy half and backing up the forwards down the middle.

I think from what I hear is Ivan has a better personal manner of dealing with the lads, which is crucial given the make up of the Warriors. The other unsung heroes, Campion, he did a phenomonal job righting the Warriors defence, Ackland and Walker.

Bumble

First Grade
851 said:
I lost my Magpies because of the so called criteria that Souths are surely miles below,so what is the difference.

Wah wah, My club bent over and took it so to be spiteful I want the NRL to kick out another foundation club.

Alot of spastics in this thread.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Think about how bad it would if someone wanted to kick your club out. Imagine not being able to support them again and having to find a new team. There are arguments about how many teams the competition can sustain, however theres no be nasty about Souths being there. There should be some empathy for their fans.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Been there, had that happen (and there isn't another club for us to support!)

Not nice but minimum criteria should be set to make sure the NRL is moving forward. If a team isn't meeting it then bye bye, only themselves to blame.

Iafeta

Referee
Ordinarily I agree Perth Red - but for a team thats performed poorly on field for 15 years, including 2 years where they were booted out, they still got 6,500 to the Souths game against an out of country team. Given that out of country side attracted less to watch their team play Andrew Johns' and the Knights, it kind of puts things into perspective. Yes, they haven't been a success on field, but for all the kicks in the teeth those fans have suffered there's a hardcore group who still stick it out... Imagine when they gain success?

Give the new management time - change won't occur overnight. Give them at least 18 months to see if they can turn them around, and then judge them on those principals. I hate to see any club kicked out, be it Norths, Souths, Western Reds, whomever.

Enforcer74

Juniors
Ok Children, Enough is enough. Ok souths are playing crap, big deal consider this everyone, Who would you all pick on if souths was out of the comp? Ok Souths s a foundation club that have been kicked out once and lost two home grounds, firstly Redfern oval and now Aussie stadium. (Thanks very much your mongrel Roosters.)

ozzie

Bench
Enforcer74 said:
Ok Children, Enough is enough. Ok souths are playing crap, big deal consider this everyone, Who would you all pick on if souths was out of the comp? Ok Souths s a foundation club that have been kicked out once and lost two home grounds, firstly Redfern oval and now Aussie stadium. (Thanks very much your mongrel Roosters.)
you weren't kicked out of Aussie - it was your take the money and run to Telstra that did it.

By the way Aussie was Rooster's home ground the SFS,and was for as many years that i can remember

Nuts

Juniors
Souths are the joke of the NRL!! No sh!t!! The have been ever since they come back into the comp, are you only just realising that now. Not only have the shown no improvemnt since rejoing, I believe they are actually going backwards. For starters they should consider hiring a decent coach.

And I have no doubt that beyond this year they will continue to be the "Joke of the NRL"

But that's just my opinion.

paulp

Juniors
ozzie said:
you weren't kicked out of Aussie - it was your take the money and run to Telstra that did it.

I think you will find that souths asked for the same deal that the roosters are on at Aussie Stadium and were declined. So Richo called their bluff !

as i always believed that why bring back a club that will come last every year and all those people protesting dont even turn up to there games they need TWO men to fix there problems and thats J Lang who turns a ordinary team into a competitive one and The AXE who can teach them defence.

BRING BACK THE NEWTOWN JETS and put souths in the premier league and let them stay there