What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths 2018 Squad

Itsamansgame

Juniors
At the
Ahh well I'm in my final year of business administration at Macquarie university and I can honestly tell you that nothing I have learned there has resulted in experience=success. There is a combination of things that lead to success. You need a mix of youth and experience I believe and it's especially apparent when we're talking about a sporting team.
Of course not your still in the paper champion junior league,when you hit the big league and start dealing daily with all the personal,professional,legal and financial components that are required to maintain a successful business,you will soon realise experience does play a major role in the outcome.
And may I suggest if you have learnt nothing about experience being a component of success in business at Macquarie Uni,your wasting your money!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
At the

Of course not your still in the paper champion junior league,when you hit the big league and start dealing daily with all the personal,professional,legal and financial components that are required to maintain a successful business,you will soon realise experience does play a major role in the outcome.
And may I suggest if you have learnt nothing about experience being a component of success in business at Macquarie Uni,your wasting your money!

Ahh okay now you're just manipulating my words. I did say experience played a part in success. I did NOT say that it was the sole reason for success like you claim it is. Good to know you're not my business owner as you don't listen or read obviously...

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Ahh okay now you're just manipulating my words. I did say experience played a part in success. I did NOT say that it was the sole reason for success like you claim it is. Good to know you're not my business owner as you don't listen or read obviously...
All good mate,as long as I understand the big 5,Australian Rules,Soccer,Horse Riding,Netball and Cycling injuries that keep blokes like me and my staff comfortable,you won't be missed!

rabbitohs95

Bench
Lol well despite that odd argument I still maintain that depth doesn't matter about experience. Although yes I agree it would be preferable to have experience.

Don't forget in 2014 our halves were Sutton, Reynolds and Keary, that was it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ahh well I'm in my final year of business administration at Macquarie university and I can honestly tell you that nothing I have learned there has resulted in experience=success. There is a combination of things that lead to success. You need a mix of youth and experience I believe and it's especially apparent when we're talking about a sporting team.
I honestly believe we do not have enough experience!

I'd have kept Goodwin!

greg jay

Juniors
Gopher Indian Him say this: In Capitalist system most business run at loss. In OkkerLand some 90% of Small Business go bust. The rest them save by taxation system to keep afloat. Him say this why Govt. has PAYE tax system to ensure THEY pay what small business DONT pay in tax money. Gopher Indian Feather him also say that Small Business depend on bank loan and interest rate to survive because competitive pressure stop him from employ large mark-up which could feed Investment as in larger Oligopoly firm.

Rsag85

Bench
My rant on next years squad

The club is poorly run at the moment and it’s sad seeing other clubs going out there an signing players to make there clubs stronger eg Tigers and knights but Richo and co are just sitting on the hands and saying Gagai is the only signing to make the club stronger and to make the eight, reserve grade players are the answer because we are going to give them a chance and Jnrs most not even ready to make the next step and need to learn more are the answers. It’s stupid way to run the club plus we sign players that we don’t need eg Farah because why? Keeping Sutto clearly he was slowly downing at the end of the year. Why not tap him on the shoulder? Instead we give him a new deal? Why?

A change in coach doesn’t mean better performances on the field that’s only half the battle. The other half is building a squad to make the finals something we should be aiming for every year.

Rabbits20

Immortal

The club is poorly run at the moment and it’s sad seeing other clubs going out there an signing players to make there clubs stronger eg Tigers and knights but Richo and co are just sitting on the hands and saying Gagai is the only signing to make the club stronger and to make the eight, reserve grade players are the answer because we are going to give them a chance and Jnrs most not even ready to make the next step and need to learn more are the answers. It’s stupid way to run the club plus we sign players that we don’t need eg Farah because why? Keeping Sutto clearly he was slowly downing at the end of the year. Why not tap him on the shoulder? Instead we give him a new deal? Why?

A change in coach doesn’t mean better performances on the field that’s only half the battle. The other half is building a squad to make the finals something we should be aiming for every year.
Bravo bravo....................

We have about 14 first graders Rsag mate..

Other clubs have about 18-19.

We are already behind the eight ball and it's clear for me to see....

JetRider

Juniors

Yes the logic is hard to understand without a full appreciation of the financial status of the club. On the surface it appears we are expecting the majority of the team will be made up of players who in the last 2 yrs have not delivered, this means that the club is either hoping for great things from the new coach or as you say has no idea.

Rsag85

Bench
Yes the logic is hard to understand without a full appreciation of the financial status of the club. On the surface it appears we are expecting the majority of the team will be made up of players who in the last 2 yrs have not delivered, this means that the club is either hoping for great things from the new coach or as you say has no idea.

Funny on ask the bosses Richo did say we had room in a cap for two more know signings what has changed in that time period which has only been a couple of months, he also said the club was set back in the salary cap because of the Sam Burgess return a couple of years back.... was he really worth it?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Funny on ask the bosses Richo did say we had room in a cap for two more know signings what has changed in that time period which has only been a couple of months, he also said the club was set back in the salary cap because of the Sam Burgess return a couple of years back.... was he really worth it?
Maybe he meant very cheap signings.....

I believe without Sam for last season just gone we'd be wooden spooners....

Rabbits20

Immortal
A lot of questions need to be answered
Absolutely and I know a couple foundation members who are not happy.....

They are so loyal though....

I reckon you know a couple as well who were inside the top 100 to have ever been members of our club.....

I have long chats with them.......

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Man it's depressing in here.. if you want to feel down just hop into the Souths forum. For everyone that's ready to neck themselves in here I seriously don't think we're going to be contending for the spoon. You'd have to be seriously pessimistic to foresee something like that.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Adam Doueihi- this young kid is absolutely electric. Having an impressive CV represented Lebanon twice already(with more to come) and played NSW CIS U18's. In addition to this whilst playing union also played Australian Schoolboys, NSW schoolboys and being in NSW ISA 1st XV. He is already being chased by multiple clubs for the 2019 season. He is the next big thing in the NRL.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Man it's depressing in here.. if you want to feel down just hop into the Souths forum. For everyone that's ready to neck themselves in here I seriously don't think we're going to be contending for the spoon. You'd have to be seriously pessimistic to foresee something like that.
Rsag, DKOR, itsamansgame, Dynamic and myself are calling it as we see it.......

2019 looks better but not next year.....

If he plays Farah at hooker and Sam in the back row we are f**ked

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Rsag, DKOR, itsamansgame, Dynamic and myself are calling it as we see it.......

2019 looks better but not next year.....

If he plays Farah at hooker and Sam in the back row we are f**ked

Look I'll be the first of the optimisic guys to admit that we're not going to be premiership threats but we're not going to be competing for the spoon. We have a much better squad than we've had the last 2 years and people are still acting like we're the worst team that's ever stepped into the comp. I don't really want to name specific teams but I can think of a few who are a lot worse off than us.

Latest posts