What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths game thread

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'll lose the plot if we either go down 16-0 or if Inu doesn't play. Plus Matulino has to start.

Micistm

Bench
Ed, this is the game that's make or break for me. This will determine whether I lose confidence in Bluey, the selections, the team.
What has kept me optimistic so far is that so many people within League are saying Bluey is such a good coach. Then I think of how good Bennett is, and how bad he comes across in interviews too (reading his books, especially 'Don't die with the music in you', he seems a totally different person, and you do understand how he inspires and ignites a team), I'm hoping Bluey's like that- awful with his public speaking, good with the team.
Some even suggest the 'thick Bluey' is a persona he does deliberately for the cameras/mics. If it is, it's bloody convincing!
But anyway, this is the game, following two of the worst performances in recent history, a fair enough slating in the media and fanbase, and a chance to make ammends at home. I can handle a loss, if of course it's a passionate loss with heart, against a side that were too good for us on the day. A loss like the last couple of weeks...and I don't know where we go. There has to be a spark today, surely.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
If we don't get the win or go close to it then you can probably write this team off, at home, big game, against a side missing some important players.

Izz

Bench
I have the inevitable optimism building that comes with this end of the week. GAH!

hitman82

Bench
This game is critical. I firmly believe most of our problems lie in attitude, communication and effort. If we can't get these three factors together for such an important game, then we are a write off as far as I am concerned.
If we give away another huge points start I am going to lose my mind.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
If we don't get the win or go close to it then you can probably write this team off, at home, big game, against a side missing some important players.

Fully agree Eddie, fully agree

Interesting though that you've picked the Rabbits to win in the picking comp, out of curiousity, have you already written us off?

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Fully agree Eddie, fully agree

Interesting though that you've picked the Rabbits to win in the picking comp, out of curiousity, have you already written us off?

I think its a pretty 50/50 game, and I did that tip earlier in the week when I was still a bit pissed off at the team plus my main man Inu wasn't in the line up. At least if we lose I get a point AND I can bag McClennan :lol:

Micistm

Bench
Hold the phone, got gameday on in the background...Inu will start at FB. While I'm pleased, and stoked for Inu he gets a chance, it is a head scratcher. He hasn't been good enough to replace some (one especially) poor form players, but can slot in immediately for an injured FB? And once the younger backup was proven to be a little out of his depth just yet?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I think its a pretty 50/50 game, and I did that tip earlier in the week when I was still a bit pissed off at the team plus my main man Inu wasn't in the line up. At least if we lose I get a point AND I can bag McClennan :lol:

:lol::lol: Its actually a win-win whenever ya pick against the Warriors, on one hand if they lose, hey you get a point. If they win, well your happy they won and quite happy to lose a point

20 mins to kickoff, I havn't been this excited for a game for a long while. Just so unpredictable as to which Warriors side will come out, the lethal or the losers

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Hold the phone, got gameday on in the background...Inu will start at FB. While I'm pleased, and stoked for Inu he gets a chance, it is a head scratcher. He hasn't been good enough to replace some (one especially) poor form players, but can slot in immediately for an injured FB? And once the younger backup was proven to be a little out of his depth just yet?

Its a bit of a no win sitution for Inu.

Latest posts