What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Look To Bring 3 Burgess Boys Over

You suggesting the South Sydney Rabbitohs, aka the pride of the league, would even think of cheating the cap? But, we're battlers, we're the working class team, we'd never do something like that. This isn't Melbourne or Bondi.

Fully equipped with Armani suits and a Hollywood entourage.

LOL souths. Its as if they said, "geez, we suck whenever Burgess is out. we need to find a way to be all burgess all the time. lets get his brothers and his uncles and cousins!"

Coming Soon, the new coach of Souths:

200_babyjohn-200x0.jpg

juanfarkall

Coach
Ch 9 will need to employ more cleaners for the commentary box if more than one Burgess is in the Top 17 at any given time.

jim_57

Staff member
Don't their parents live in W.A.? I can definitely see one or 2 burgess brothers playing for the wareds if they're succesfull with their bid and expansion. In the meantime seeing them all at souths would be cool but will they win you guys a premiership? I bloody hope so. If used correctly at souths, the bunnies will be a real threat.

Don't know if that's true but if so it'd be a bit of good publicity signing two pommie brothers, any combination of the 4 would add alot to a starting team aswell.

Sam and Joel Tomkins would be better though ;-)

Fairfax

Juniors
2 words. Matt Mundine. He's going to be a star 5/8. Perfect compliment for Sandow. As for Sutton I think Lock or 2nd row is his future.

I've been watching Matty since he was eight. Potentially brilliant... Laziness and lack of focus is his undoing. Always the best kid in his grade... motivation is his enemy.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I've been watching Matty since he was eight. Potentially brilliant... Laziness and lack of focus is his undoing. Always the best kid in his grade... motivation is his enemy.

two other words for matt mundine

lazy prick

That's been his problem for a long time. But he's lost a lot of weight over the last 12 months and I think he's finally gotten into the mindset that he's willing to work hard enough to make the most of his considerable talent.

Nope I sure haven't.

It is funny how Souffs want the money, Armani suits and Hollywood exposure but still want to keep the battlers tag.

Best of both worlds.

taxidriver

Coach
Did I say by themselves? The Brothers and our juniors won't be joining an empty team. What we already have got us to 9th even after being the most injured team in the league this year.

So 9th place + being reasonably healthy + these prospects = contender.

really?

according to the nrl both you and saints used 28 players in first grade this year

roosters had to use 29

BunniesMan

Immortal
really?

according to the nrl both you and saints used 28 players in first grade this year

roosters had to use 29

We lost a lot of key players for considerable lengths of time. More than most. It's not just about how many you lose, but how important the lost players are to the team. We should have been top 8/borderline top 4 if we had some injury luck.

taxidriver

Coach
so you're saying you paid overs for too many in the squad and have no depth?

that's been your problem for years

BunniesMan

Immortal
so you're saying you paid overs for too many in the squad and have no depth?

that's been your problem for years

That's been our problem for a long time true. But we're changing. We could have bought another big name this year but we resisted, and because we resisted we can afford to bring in 18 year old kids from the UK and the Toyota cup with a mountain of potential. It's what we should have done all along, but we've only just figured it out recently.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You gotta feel sorry for the Rabbitohs. They try and buy themselves a premiership every year and fail miserably.

I love irony. It wasn't that long ago that we didn't have 2 dollars to rub together. Now we have the resources to go after the best young players in England and we have the resources to develop some elite juniors here.

A year from now it'll pay off. Just you wait.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I love irony. It wasn't that long ago that we didn't have 2 dollars to rub together. Now we have the resources to go after the best young players in England and we have the resources to develop some elite juniors here.

A year from now it'll pay off. Just you wait.
There's nothing quite like a delusional russeltoh fan.

BunniesMan

Immortal
There's nothing quite like a delusional russeltoh fan.

A year ago a Rooster fan saying what I'm saying would have been taken away to a mental asylum. If they could do it, we can. The competiton is so close that except for the absolute worst 3 or 4 teams, anyone is a chance. And it will be us. I'll dig up this thread a year from now to prove I know what I'm talking about.

Latest posts