What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Release Hegs Rumour...

Nemesis

Bench
Hot off the Tora Bora press....

IhateHegs.jpg

monkey1

Juniors
goodbye good riddance. if you guys want to leave souths because this no hoper is hopefully going, then join him.

monkey1

Juniors
I have herd a rumour that hegarty will not be released if he can do the following: Stay in the defensive line, tackle, score tries and stay on his wing. He is now begging to be released.

monkey1

Juniors
If this is the case then goodbye 2009 for us :(

why, if we are releasing hegarty then we will win games.

He has his uses, when he ran across field he was the quickest over the touchline, when he ran out of the line he was first to concratulate the oppositions fullback for their team scoring from the massive hole he just left and merrit loved him every time merrit got pushed out of the way for heagarty to drop it.

Seano

Juniors
Hegs really offers nothing. He hasn't scored a try in donkeys, doesn't know how to mark his man and just seems to generally get in the way.

It's hardly the end of the world if he leaves :crazy::crazy:

Bunnies 08

Juniors
I went and watched them train on friday morning and there was no sign of heggarty to be seen..Don't think he was inside, because all the squad, including all rehad made an appearance at one time or another...

Nemesis

Bench
As Dirty Harry woulds say come on Hegs Make my Day make all of our days make our season Just GO,GO,GO:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I know what you're thinking Hegs... "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky?....Well, do ya Hegs? :lol:

Sorry Dave & AM... I couldn't resist lol.

Dave Q

Coach
The range is -20 to +20, with a special bonus fresh signing entries of Wesser and Best.

Outstanding Players

* Luke Stuart + 12: tremendous season, a maginificent player.
* Roy Asotasi +12 : down on last year but still solid
* Issac Luke +10 : continues to impress
* John Sutton +10 Best season ever.

Good Solid Players

* Colin Best +8 awesome season, really shone.
* Manese Manufakoa +6 off to the Cowboys ( had a year to run here). Shouldnt have been released.
*Craig Wing +2 sound result for the few games played
*Nathan Merritt +2 didnt see enough of the ball.
* Fetuli Talanoa +2 coming along, has much to do.

Average Players

* Beau Champion "0" on the up.
* Scott Geddes "0" I thought he'd do worse.
* Michael Greenfeild: "0" disappointing for a player of his talents
* Ben Lowe '0" not enough consistency
* Shannon McPherson "0" had some highlights, must try harder.
* Rhys Wesser "0" has to lift.

Below Average Players

* Buddy Gorden -8 whats happened to him?
* Shannon Hegarty -6 dissapointing season, had some highlights.
*Eddie Paea -6 cant tackle to save himself but astonishing in attack.
*Ben Rogers -4 His form for Saints mostly indifferent since released

Well below Average Players (cactus)

* Jaiman Lowe -12. has lost the plot
* Jeremy Smith -12 heartbeaking year. Long climb ahead.
* Nigel Vagana -14 end of career is nige!
* Germaine Paulson -18, apalling, I feel for the bloke.

On a stats basis, Shannon was a long way from being the worst of the squad, but I dont hear any calls for the dismissal of J-Lo. Whats that lads? I cant hear you!!

And what about his 200m+ game against the best side in the comp who have the strongest and fiercest forwards in the comp and glittering gold plated backs?

Hegs just treated them with absolute contempt. He went through all of them like they were made of crepe paper. The other players in that team let him down badly. It was sickening.

In 2004 etc, when everyone hated us, Hegs willingly joined up to help us through the bad times.

I know its popular and its nice to see everyone slapping each other on the back, but Hegs gave this club his best.

I dont care if nobody talks to me ever again, deep inside and where it counts, Hegs is a winner and a vital part of our 2009 campaign.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
Hegs really offers nothing. He hasn't scored a try in donkeys, doesn't know how to mark his man and just seems to generally get in the way.

It's hardly the end of the world if he leaves :crazy::crazy:

That was cruel Sgt Seano, Sir, I really dont know how you sleep at night.

Its not the end of the world if he leaves, but it sure as hell is the end of Souths Grand Final chances in 2009.

And heres a basic question for you hegs haters, whats more important?

monkey1

Juniors
The range is -20 to +20, with a special bonus fresh signing entries of Wesser and Best.

Outstanding Players

* Luke Stuart + 12: tremendous season, a maginificent player.
* Roy Asotasi +12 : down on last year but still solid
* Issac Luke +10 : continues to impress
* John Sutton +10 Best season ever.

Good Solid Players

* Colin Best +8 awesome season, really shone.
* Manese Manufakoa +6 off to the Cowboys ( had a year to run here). Shouldnt have been released.
*Craig Wing +2 sound result for the few games played
*Nathan Merritt +2 didnt see enough of the ball.
* Fetuli Talanoa +2 coming along, has much to do.

Average Players

* Beau Champion "0" on the up.
* Scott Geddes "0" I thought he'd do worse.
* Michael Greenfeild: "0" disappointing for a player of his talents
* Ben Lowe '0" not enough consistency
* Shannon McPherson "0" had some highlights, must try harder.
* Rhys Wesser "0" has to lift.

Below Average Players

* Buddy Gorden -8 whats happened to him?
* Shannon Hegarty -6 dissapointing season, had some highlights.
*Eddie Paea -6 cant tackle to save himself but astonishing in attack.
*Ben Rogers -4 His form for Saints mostly indifferent since released

Well below Average Players (cactus)

* Jaiman Lowe -12. has lost the plot
* Jeremy Smith -12 heartbeaking year. Long climb ahead.
* Nigel Vagana -14 end of career is nige!
* Germaine Paulson -18, apalling, I feel for the bloke.

On a stats basis, Shannon was a long way from being the worst of the squad, but I dont hear any calls for the dismissal of J-Lo. Whats that lads? I cant hear you!!

And what about his 200m+ game against the best side in the comp who have the strongest and fiercest forwards in the comp and glittering gold plated backs?

Hegs just treated them with absolute contempt. He went through all of them like they were made of crepe paper. The other players in that team let him down badly. It was sickening.

In 2004 etc, when everyone hated us, Hegs willingly joined up to help us through the bad times.

I know its popular and its nice to see everyone slapping each other on the back, but Hegs gave this club his best.

I dont care if nobody talks to me ever again, deep inside and where it counts, Hegs is a winner and a vital part of our 2009 campaign.
majority of fans want j lowe gone on every site. If hegs is a winner I'd hate to see the losers:crazy:

He has been paid toooo much for to long (anything over 1 cent is tooo much). Hope he goes

Dave Q

Coach
majority of fans want j lowe gone on every site. If hegs is a winner I'd hate to see the losers:crazy:

He has been paid toooo much for to long (anything over 1 cent is tooo much). Hope he goes

I dont see any j-lo dismissal stuff here and LU is a big site.

Hegs is a winner, hes just been unlucky, sh*t happens.

He probably hasnt been paid enough for his talents.

I hope we re-sign him and make him a co-captain.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I think that's because J-Lo makes first grade so seldomly that few realise he even exists. If he was picked week in and week out - even after monumental, nay, clown-like blunders - then I bet everyone would being going off just as much on him as they go on Hegs.

You say he's given us his best, Dave, but truthfully he gave his best to the Roosters and has been an oxygen-thief at the Bunnies. I'd commend his loyalty too, but it's not like he's playing for free.

Dave Q

Coach
I think that's because J-Lo makes first grade so seldomly that few realise he even exists. If he was picked week in and week out - even after monumental, nay, clown-like blunders - then I bet everyone would being going off just as much on him as they go on Hegs.

You say he's given us his best, Dave, but truthfully he gave his best to the Roosters and has been an oxygen-thief at the Bunnies. I'd commend his loyalty too, but it's not like he's playing for free.

Nice to bump into you again Ikey, I was worried that you were getting caught up with all the fracas at the eels of late.

I dont mind the eels as a club and a people, but I love stirring their fans from time to time. Its a fascinating club for sure.

With descriptions such as "clown-like" blunders and "oxygen theif" you are hitting some form in the old LU stakes.

All I can say is that apart from myself and a few warriors such as AM, JT showed a lot of trust in him as well. And JT knows his footy.

Nobody has yet to challenge my view that he was the form rabbitoh of the early part of last year when the other platers were dropping like flies.

He made 200+m against the undisputed best side in the comp. That is not clown-like or oxygen theiving. That is hard work and talent.

I dont expect people to agree with me and thats all Ok and everything, but my view is that Shannon Hegarty is a very capable and talented footballer.

Nice to see you, I hope you hang around in 2009.

I think he would really lift as a co-captain.

Last edited: