What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Release Hegs Rumour...

Franko

Juniors
Can anyone add fuel to this rumour? Is anyone down at training today that might be able to see if he's training?

If he's not a mate and i are already to get on the turps and celebrate.

Nemesis

Bench
I still dont understand why we re-signed him for the last few years and I can't say im dissapointed to see him go

(im on a roll! 2 posts in 5 minutes lol)
I'll say, 3 posts in the whole of 2008 and you've already made 2 posts in 2009... Did you get a new keyboard for Christmas from Santa? ;-)

Nemesis

Bench
Can anyone add fuel to this rumour? Is anyone down at training today that might be able to see if he's training?

If he's not a mate and i are already to get on the turps and celebrate.
Earlier in this thread I think that SSU said he was going down to training this morning.

According to my Bears source, Hegarty has been suspended indefinitely due to a failure to meet some club commitments. He has some marital issues and has been "suspended" in order to sort these out. Not released as of yesterday morning but that could have changed in the last 24 hours.

Nemesis

Bench
According to my Bears source, Hegarty has been suspended indefinitely due to a failure to meet some club commitments. He has some marital issues and has been "suspended" in order to sort these out. Not released as of yesterday morning but that could have changed in the last 24 hours.
If so, this isn't surprising, as Hegs has been using his relationship issues as an excuse for some poor performance and attitude problems for a while now. Lots of people have relationship and marital issues, but they don't let it affect their job performance.... so harden the fug up Hegs!

Clearly his head isn't right and he needs to sort himself out asap or face the consequences (both personally and professionally).

Dave Q

Coach
Hegs has had some relationship difficulties for some time now.

These can be quite uncomfortable and difficult to resolve.

It is up to us to stand by him and give him some leeway and support.

Hegs stood up for us when we were really crap and has toletared a lot of changes at the club, many of these, such as the signing of gun backs, against his own best interests.

Very few players have had the dedication of Hegs.

I will support him to my last breath.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Dave are you alright.

I am concerned for what well being you have left - both mentally and physically.

Mate I am in your corner if needed.

Now back in wiff the mouthguard and come out swinging.

Pssst, I know of a good 100 plus first grade outside back that would be a handy replacement should this vicious rumour have any truth.

Cheers
Quigs

JEEEEEEEEEESUS H CARHAR-ICED

Simmo for Hegs. Rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic if ever that were the case.

I'd take Hegs. And Hegs is past it.

Ive played state and nationally for basketball. The last thing you want to think about is problems in your life while your on the court. Thats one of the reasons why i havent contemplated getting a girlfreind and when i did the HSC last year it was fairly hard as well. I feel for hegs if this is the case.

I hope its not the kind of scenario as a 'that 70's show' episode where one guy loses his job where he uses the excuse of his dog dying every day.

Hegs has integrity and i dont think he would have been suspended, moreso requesting a break which is fiar enough.

Quigs

Immortal
The last thing you want to think about is problems in your life while your on the court. Thats one of the reasons why i havent contemplated getting a girlfreind and when i did the HSC last year it was fairly hard as well.

So I take it that if you are considering extending your education, then there is a fair chance that you might end up a gay uni student.

Dave Q....... look, just sign Simmo and you will soon have enough problems not to worry about young Hegs.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Fein

First Grade
The club are playing "we can neither confirm or deny" line.

99% of the time, that is a death warrant.

BPS

Juniors
He is no big loss imo. He has been ordinary to poor for the last year. 07 he played well in the centre's, but before that he was horrible in defence and he is the only 1st grade back, who cannot throw a pass to the left or right!

I'm presently watching the Parra game from 08. Hegs drops a sitter! In the 2nd half Merritt calls for the ball but Hegs comes in and trips him up. I'd hate to play with him.

Nemesis

Bench
Hegs has had some relationship difficulties for some time now.

These can be quite uncomfortable and difficult to resolve.

It is up to us to stand by him and give him some leeway and support.

Hegs stood up for us when we were really crap and has toletared a lot of changes at the club, many of these, such as the signing of gun backs, against his own best interests.

Very few players have had the dedication of Hegs.

I will support him to my last breath.
I understand what your saying Dave. A lot of Souths fans certainly get stuck into Hegs and give him heaps when he plays, which I dont agree with, as we need to support our players when they're on the field, not heckle them. As much as he may try to tune them out, he can hear his hecklers in the crowd and that certainly does nothing for his concentration or confidence.

However, I do believe the club and JT in particular, have supported Hegs, demonstrated their faith in him and given him every opportunity to succeed over the last 12 months or so.

Imo, Hegs is a likable bloke and a talented player, but he's been below par for a long time now. He's also a bit of a lad... if he could just get his mind in the same condition as his body, he'd be a champion.

Dave Q

Coach
So I take it that if you are considering extending your education, then there is a fair chance that you might end up a gay uni student.

Dave Q....... look, just sign Simmo and you will soon have enough problems not to worry about young Hegs.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

I love you Quigs.

Tommax25

Bench
The club are playing "we can neither confirm or deny" line.

99% of the time, that is a death warrant.

I know, its like that episode of the simpsons when lenny asks marge for something and she says maybe..."that always means no". Everyone knows what that line means. If he wasn't sacked they would just say "no, he hasnt been sacked", whats the point of not answering. Its like when I was at high school and this girl asked this camp guy if he was gay, and he answered "im not going to say yes, and im not going to say no". Same as souths line but in different words, and 3 months on he was well and truely out of the closet. If the answer is no then the club would just say it, hegs is gone fellas! I wouldnt be too worried to be honest, you can do better than hegs.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Good market for outside backs this year. VERY good market. Not that Heggs would have been retained anyway beyond 09, but its a bloody good market.

Don't think there are any over the hill Kiwis or Roosters rejects though, so Russ might not be too keen.

Latest posts