What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Release Hegs Rumour...

Sugar

Bench
The Wild Turkey is chilling in the fridge awaitng an official announcment.........im gettin thirsty

Dave Q

Coach
I just heard on radio 2SHT that not only has Hegs re-signed for 5 years but he is being made captain.

Shove that up your wooly jumpers evil heg-haters!

Hegs is not a quitter.

Fein

First Grade
I just heard on radio 2SHT that not only has Hegs re-signed for 5 years but he is being made captain.

Hegs is not a quitter.

lol at that radio station Dave. :lol:

Sugar

Bench

Hegs is not a quitter.
Im off to bunnings for a rope and a unstable barstool

So I take it that if you are considering extending your education, then there is a fair chance that you might end up a gay uni student.

I had no aspirations of going to uni, nor am i the slightest bit homosexual.

Hegs is not a quitter.

I dont think he is gonna become captain. You relise what they are trying to do is make souths say something or hegs comment so souths can be tripped up, get our pants pulled down, and whatever happens after that.

Jesbass

First Grade
I was always a fan of Heggarty, although perhaps that's just because he has a girly name, like Stacey or Francis... :sarcasm:

Even when Souths were a weaker team than they are now, (a few years ago), I always viewed Heggarty as a danger man for us.

Btw, Dave, check your email, mate. There's been a minor...mishap... :oops:

Dave Q

Coach
Cheers lads, email done Jes & good luck.

Ive just thought Hegs has been a bit hard done by in the past. Ive seen him screw up whole games from brain explosions etc ( more than once ).

But at the end of the day he is like family, you have to put up with him whether you like it or not.

Id hate to see him go before his time. It wouldnt be the same squad without him.

Im loving this freaky banner stuff.

Jesbass

First Grade
Cheers, Dave.

Thinking back, my respect for Heggarty probably started in 2002, when he scored the first try against us in the Grand Final. What I liked about him after that was how he stayed a classy player, even when he shifted to what I perceived to be a weaker team in the Rabbitohs. Souths also had a prolific try scorer in Nathan Merritt. By memory, Merritt scored the most tries in the NRL in a season when the Rabbitohs got the wooden spoon, which is quite an individual honour!

Dave Q

Coach
Cheers, Dave.

Thinking back, my respect for Heggarty probably started in 2002, when he scored the first try against us in the Grand Final. What I liked about him after that was how he stayed a classy player, even when he shifted to what I perceived to be a weaker team in the Rabbitohs. Souths also had a prolific try scorer in Nathan Merritt. By memory, Merritt scored the most tries in the NRL in a season when the Rabbitohs got the wooden spoon, which is quite an individual honour!

Yes, merritt is absolute freak, he can do things no other player can.

Hegs was all over Bani when we played Manly. For the first few games of 2008, he was about the only rabbitoh playing well and sneaking back into rep contention.

People forget these things.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Sorry Dave, I too am waiting to hear that Hegs has finally been released.

I would rather one of our youngsters be given his slot.

At the end of the day, the club is more important than any player.

Dave Q

Coach
Sorry Dave, I too am waiting to hear that Hegs has finally been released.

I would rather one of our youngsters be given his slot.

At the end of the day, the club is more important than any player.

I understand, I will not lift a finger against a fellow Souths LU member.

Latest posts