What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths sign ?????????

Hurriflatch

Referee
Souths could well get Ben Ross now and I'm thinking those two may just be enough to get Orford to Redfern.

Could be a very intresting few days coming up.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Is Gulavao really a player who can make a difference??

The guy was barnstorming to start the 2003 season, but most good judges will admit that he finished the last third of the season a bit flat. He was average in 2004 and this year his form has been another step down.

I guess the Rabbitohs need to sign a 'name' player to try and bring some others along behind him - maybe now they're a chance of landing Orford? If they could just get an experienced half to sit inside Sutton, and another decent forward they might just be competitive

Big Mick

Referee
Good luck Joe.

YOu've been a great servant for our sh*tty managed club, and I hope you smash us at Souths.

Big Mick

Referee
smeghead said:
Congrats Souths. BTW how bad are the Panthers looking for 06

well we arn't looking f**king good.

we're supposed to be getting a quality outside back...but who?

barry

Bench
I dont mean to sound like a dickhead but how funny is this

“I was part of a Penrith team that climbed from the bottom to win the competition and I’m sure we will do the same at the Rabbitohs from 2006.”

LOL TELL ME THIS ISNT FUNNY

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well, Souths have climbed 1 spot this year without Joe

So next year they climb 2 more spots with him (12th)
3 the year after (9th)
then another 2 (7th)

and win the comp

then Shanr Richardson, Shaune McRAe and REggie to Rabbit wake up

mickdo

Coach
barry said:
I dont mean to sound like a dickhead but how funny is this

“I was part of a Penrith team that climbed from the bottom to win the competition and I’m sure we will do the same at the Rabbitohs from 2006.”

LOL TELL ME THIS ISNT FUNNY
Well, the guy has done it before... everyone was laughing at Penrith at the start of 2003, but they sure weren't laughing at them by the end of it.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
smeghead said:
I think we have enough back rowers to tell you the truth

Possibly, but IMO we are missing a rampaging second rower, who can offload at will. Someone like a Tupou.

I think Galuvao would have fitted the bill.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So far theyve signed Galuvao, Stuart Webb and Jamian Lowe. Now those signings aint that bad, but is 2006 going to be the year they improve. If they get Ben Ross which I dont think they would, they'll be a better side. But then again we keep saying it every year theyve got hope and it doesnt appear. Time will tell.

They need a good fullback, good centres, some decent halves and decent backrowers/workhorses.

They've pretty much covered props, Logan, Geddes, Cusack, Lowe are good on their day, but maybe they need a few more.

Hurriflatch

Referee
John Sutton is a very good 5/8
Yillen Gordon could be a good centre
Luke MacDougall at fullback

If Souths can sign Orford and Ross they may not have a premiership winning team but they will have a team capable of sneaking into the top 8 if results go their way

yobbo84

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
So far theyve signed Galuvao, Stuart Webb and Jamian Lowe. Now those signings aint that bad, but is 2006 going to be the year they improve. If they get Ben Ross which I dont think they would, they'll be a better side. But then again we keep saying it every year theyve got hope and it doesnt appear. Time will tell.

They need a good fullback, good centres, some decent halves and decent backrowers/workhorses.

They've pretty much covered props, Logan, Geddes, Cusack, Lowe are good on their day, but maybe they need a few more.

Logan has signed with Wigan. Our props will be Cusack, Geddes, Lowe and one of the Flegg kids- Michael Greenfield, Ricky Young or Aaron Firman - all big boppers one of them might make the grade.

I would personally like to see Beau Champion at fullback. We've got a good centre in Mad Dog when he plays, and a great up and comer in Yileen Gordon.

We've got the workhorse backrowers - Luke Stuart, David Fa'alogo, Shane Rigon etc.... we need the rampaging second rower and I HOPE Joe Galuvao fits the bill.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I thought Logan was good for you guys, why wouldnt they keep him.

I also forgot mention they need a good defensive player, someone like a Southern or Johnson

hybrid_tiger

Coach
So:

1. Beau Champion
2. Luke MacDougall
3. Adam MacDougall
4. Yileen Gordon
5. Shannon Hegarty
6. John Sutton
7. Mick Moran
13. Luke Stuart
12. Joe Galuvao
11. David Fa'alogo
10. Scott Geddes
9. Stuart Webb
8. Peter Cusack
--------------------
14. Mark Minichiello
15. Jamain Lowe
16. Shane Rigon
17. ???

Hows that? Did I miss anyone?

Bumble

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
So:

1. Beau Champion
2. Luke MacDougall
3. Adam MacDougall
4. Yileen Gordon
5. Shannon Hegarty
6. John Sutton
7. Mick Moran
13. Luke Stuart
12. Joe Galuvao
11. David Fa'alogo
10. Scott Geddes
9. Stuart Webb
8. Peter Cusack
--------------------
14. Mark Minichiello
15. Jamain Lowe
16. Shane Rigon
17. ???

Hows that? Did I miss anyone?

Stuart to the bench. Shannan McPherson to Lock.

Latest posts