What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths sign ?????????

The_Coach

Juniors
Who is this Beau Champion bloke?

In the last week bunny supporters have said they would like him to play hooker, halfback, 5/8th, fullback.....

Have i missed any other positions this guy can play? Maybe Prop as well?

Sounds like Souths should invest in a cloning reserch rather than player recruitment. That way they could have Beau Champion playing in all those postions.

Mr Saab

Referee
hybrid_tiger said:
Possibly, but IMO we are missing a rampaging second rower, who can offload at will. Someone like a Tupou.

I think Galuvao would have fitted the bill.

tigers will be just fine in 2006.

they dont need Joe Galavao...not at all.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
1. Beau Champion
2. Luke MacDougall
3. Adam MacDougall
4. Yileen Gordon
5. Shannon Hegarty
6. John Sutton
7. Mick Moran
13. Shannon McPherson
12. Joe Galuvao
11. David Fa'alogo
10. Scott Geddes
9. Stuart Webb
8. Peter Cusack
--------------------
14. Mark Minichiello
15. Jamain Lowe
16. Shane Rigon
17. Luke Stewart
--------------------

TBH, it's not a bad side, but they are still well outclassed when you look at everyone else's roster.

They need some experience to go with the young guns they have. And they also need a good halfback - that should be the number one priority...

OVP

Coach
Pretty good signing. IF u remember Galavuo played at the Warriors, dropped off form, joined the panthers and gained super form, dropped off form. Joining a new club will hopefully see him regain some form again. He's good to watch when in form.

aussies1st

Staff member
Good start for souths now they just need Orford he is the big one. Ross would do but Orford would have to be the big one for them

Corbin

Juniors
Well heres my 06 team so far

1. Beau Champion
2. Luke MacDougall
3. Adam MacDougall
4. Yileen Gordon
5. Shannon Hegarty
6. John Sutton
7. Mick Moran
13. David Fa'alogo
12. Joe Galuvao
11. Mark Minichiello
10. Jamain Lowe
9. Stuart Webb
8. Peter Cusack
--------------------
14. Luke Sturat
15. Scott Geddes
16. Trent Young/Jason Kent/John Wilshere (leigh to get relegated)
17. Shane Rigon/Shannon McPherson

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Could be enough to lure Ben Ross. He should take up a one year deal with an optional second, there's no risk then. If they got Ross, Orford would go there too and they'd be looking pretty bloody good for next year.

Well done on signing Galuvao Rabbits :thumb

the_eel

Juniors
The Souths starting team looks fine but it's in the depth that they are lacking. Unfortunately for the Bunnies side as it is looking for '06, if they get a couple of injuries they will probably once again struggle to compete.

aussies1st

Staff member
the_eel said:
The Souths starting team looks fine but it's in the depth that they are lacking. Unfortunately for the Bunnies side as it is looking for '06, if they get a couple of injuries they will probably once again struggle to compete.

Souths will definitely sign a few more players from england if they cant get any from the nrl. They have lost too many to just say we well rely on players from PL

Big Mick

Referee
1. Beau Champion
2. Luke MacDougall
3. Adam MacDougall
4. Buddy Gordon
5. Shannon Hegarty
6. John Sutton
7. Matt Orford
8. Ben Ross
9. Trent Young
10. Peter Cusack
11. Joe Galuvao
12. David Fa'alogo
13. Tony Grimaldi

14. Scott Geedes
15. Manese Manukafua
16. Jamain Lowe/Mark Minichello
17. Stuart Webb

To me...that would be an awsome halves combination.

We'll wait and see Troy Boston come good and take Adam MacDougalls centre possy in 2007.

Ricky Young, Aaron Firman and a few other good juniors coming through.

South's will be in the 8 for a while in not next year, the year after.

Big Mick

Referee
for mine Penrith are specials if we don't sign a couple of promising forwards and a back with the money we are letting go for ross and galuvao.

bartman

Immortal
I still expect Souths to pick up at least one player from ESL, with their connections. Not sure who, and may not be a huge name, but might be a handy player to add to that squad.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Souths still have some signing to do but this wouldn't be a bad side:

1. Beau Champion
2. Luke MacDougall
3. Adam MacDougall
4. Yileen Gordon
5. Shannon Hegarty
6. John Sutton
7. Matt Orford (c)
8. Ben Ross
9. Stuart Webb
10. Peter Cusack
11. Joe Galuvao
12. Chris McKenna
13. David Fa'alogo

14. Jaiman Lowe
15. Scott Geddes
16. Manase Manuokafoa
17. Mark Minichello

McKenna wants to come back to the NRL and I think he'd be good for Souths. Lure Orford with captaincy since Harrison is gone, and that side is pretty good IMO.

Latest posts