What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths sign ?????????

Bumble

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Souths still have some signing to do but this wouldn't be a bad side:

1. Beau Champion
2. Luke MacDougall
3. Adam MacDougall
4. Yileen Gordon
5. Shannon Hegarty
6. John Sutton
7. Matt Orford (c)
8. Ben Ross
9. Stuart Webb
10. Peter Cusack
11. Joe Galuvao
12. Chris McKenna
13. David Fa'alogo

14. Jaiman Lowe
15. Scott Geddes
16. Manase Manuokafoa
17. Mark Minichello

McKenna wants to come back to the NRL and I think he'd be good for Souths. Lure Orford with captaincy since Harrison is gone, and that side is pretty good IMO.

That's a reasonably strong side. I think I would change McKenna to the centres, Adam to the wing, Luke to fullback, Champ to the bench and Mini in the run-on.

Johns Magic

Referee
Phillips said:
:lol:

the Knights have a very poor side, even at full strengh

1. Milton Thaiday
2. Dustin Cooper
3. Matt Gidley
4. Kurt Gidley
5. Brian Carney
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns
8. Craig Smith
9. Danny Buderus
10. Josh Perry
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Adam Woolnough
15. Kirk Reynoldson
16. Luke Davico
17. Riley Brown

That's a damn talented team.

Bumble

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
1. Milton Thaiday
2. Dustin Cooper
3. Matt Gidley
4. Kurt Gidley
5. Brian Carney
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns
8. Craig Smith
9. Danny Buderus
10. Josh Perry
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Adam Woolnough
15. Kirk Reynoldson
16. Luke Davico
17. Riley Brown

Surely Seage ahead of Cooper?

Phillips

Referee
Johns Magic said:
1. Milton Thaiday
2. Dustin Cooper
3. Matt Gidley
4. Kurt Gidley
5. Brian Carney
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns
8. Craig Smith
9. Danny Buderus
10. Josh Perry
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Adam Woolnough
15. Kirk Reynoldson
16. Luke Davico
17. Riley Brown

quick, everyone pen Newcastle down as favourites for 2006 :lol:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Cooper is playing in the centres in Knights PL, he can't be that good if he can't make a Knights team with Quinn on the wing and Carmont in the centres :lol:

Johns Magic

Referee
Phillips said:
quick, everyone pen Newcastle down as favourites for 2006 :lol:

sh*t, only 6 internationals in there. Plus representaive players in the likes of Abraham, Kidley, Perry and Davico.

Players like Milton Thaiday, Clint Newton and Dustin Cooper have loads of potential whilst Riley Brown missed Australian Schoolboys due to injury.

Oh and let's not forget 18 year old Jarrod Mullen. But you all know what he's capable of.

Johns Magic

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
Cooper is playing in the centres in Knights PL, he can't be that good if he can't make a Knights team with Quinn on the wing and Carmont in the centres :lol:

He returned from a long term injury just two weeks ago. That's why he's missing.

If you want to make up your mind by yourself instead of judge people by who's in front of them then maybe you should watch a game. I suggest the first 5 or 6 rounds this year.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
sh*t, only 6 internationals in there. Plus representaive players in the likes of Abraham, Kidley, Perry and Davico.

Players like Milton Thaiday, Clint Newton and Dustin Cooper have loads of potential whilst Riley Brown missed Australian Schoolboys due to injury.

Oh and let's not forget 18 year old Jarrod Mullen. But you all know what he's capable of.

Craig Smith won't be with you next year so Davico will be starting, weakening the bench. Kurt Gidley will be at five-eighth and some dud like Carmont in the centres, and (correct me if I'm wrong) isn't Billy Peden in charge of rehab or something? You won't keep that side of injury prone old players on the field all year :lol:

Johns Magic

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
Craig Smith won't be with you next year so Davico will be starting, weakening the bench. Kurt Gidley will be at five-eighth and some dud like Carmont in the centres, and (correct me if I'm wrong) isn't Billy Peden in charge of rehab or something? You won't keep that side of injury prone old players on the field all year :lol:

Carmont's been told to negotiate with other clubs already. Watch out you might sign him. I hear Parramatta loves taking players from the Knights.

Kade Snowden in for Smith. Watch this guy.

Big Mick

Referee
I don't really think Galuvao is a HUGE loss to Penrith.

His form has been down, but I think he'll go great at Souths.

Ross will be a massive loss, but i'm looking for more mobility from Penrith next season. Hard off-season of training and new nutrition and we'll be back

8. Clinton
9. Priddis
10. Crossman
11. Waterhouse
12. Puletua
13. Swain

14. F. Puletua
15. Pritchard
16. Rodney
17. Pomeroy

thats not a bad pack of forwards.

We got a few good young guys coming through in the forwards department and in the backs and hopefully they'll get an opportunity next season.

ngap

Juniors
Well they can say goodbye to Orford unless they think about moving to Gosford.

"With Souths, they are considering relocating to the Central Coast, or at least there was talk they might look at that down the track," Orford told AAP.

"If they were to do that, I would definitely look at Souths as an option because it's my hometown.

"They have a great facility there, with (advertising executive) John Singleton building the stadium there in Gosford.

playdaball

Bench
playdaball said:
A joke ...

as Joe is ready to sign with Wakefield.

Woops ... can't believe that they spent that much money on Joe. Good luck to him, hopefully this extends his career out a little longer. From a NZ viewpoint it is good to see players staying in the NRL rather than ESL as they'll be available to play for the Kiwis.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
At least one Kiwi stays down under. The Rabbits probably won't be such crybabies about letting him play in furture Tri-Series, too.

Sun_Down

Juniors
Sorry, IMO, Joe will make little difference to Souths getting anywhere, great signing, but its not enough...

Latest posts