What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths to start negotiations with Hayne this week

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
I'm in good company..one day I'll inspire to get to your level of f**kwittness!!! ;-)

Are you up to the task? I've worked hard you know.:D

BTW, f**kwitt, your description, not mine. ;-)

And as I said, if you're a f**kwitt, at least you're our f**kwitt ;-) :lol:

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Mail from a friend of mine at the club is that Souths have tabled a HUGE offer to Israel Folau for 2009 yesterday. Apparently we have managed to secure a number of third parties interested in sponsoring him at the Rabbits.

Also heard that Jarryd Hayne has agreed in principle to joining for 09 as well. They are making some modifications to the contract and he will sign on the dotted line very soon.
This is why you should never believe fans on forums, unless you know from experience that they are generally on the money.

Yeah, Souths can afford both Hayne and Folau :crazy:

dazeely

First Grade
Avenger said:
My mate eelavation has sources way better then mine. He even winks better then me. :D

fair enough but I know that your info in the past has been good. And of course that of our wise one eela is most times all good.

Sucks not being in the know. The only bits of info that I get is about Hodges and Lockyer. And that means jack sh*t to eels supporters. Bummer hey.

strider

Post Whore
B-Tron 3000 said:
This is why you should never believe fans on forums, unless you know from experience that they are generally on the money.

Yeah, Souths can afford both Hayne and Folau :crazy:
i'm sure they can afford both ... its just that it'll be a bit hard playing 8 on 13 when 8 superstars are taking up their whole salary cap :lol:

newmanj

Juniors
Ron.

newmanj does still read the forums, and very ocassionally posts. As Eela knows, i am in the USA at the moment, but will be back briefly later in the week. I shall contact Hages and ask him what the go is, although i know he will say that we would love to keep them both, they are both great talents, and we are doing our best to keep them. He will also point out that there is a salary cap, and we can only work within the guidelines of the cap. He is a very sensible man, our coach. I have the utmost faith in him, and whatever shall be, shall be.

Jason

newmanj said:
Ron.

newmanj does still read the forums, and very ocassionally posts. As Eela knows, i am in the USA at the moment, but will be back briefly later in the week. I shall contact Hages and ask him what the go is, although i know he will say that we would love to keep them both, they are both great talents, and we are doing our best to keep them. He will also point out that there is a salary cap, and we can only work within the guidelines of the cap. He is a very sensible man, our coach. I have the utmost faith in him, and whatever shall be, shall be.

Jason

It's good to hear from you again mate.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
newmanj said:
Ron.

Jason

cheers mate

dazeely

First Grade
welcome back newmanj. Even if it is a quickie visit it is worth it. Nothing wrong with a quickie btw.

stuke

Bench
Twizzle said:
if we cant afford to keep Hayne, we certainly cant afford Izzy

c'mon ...we could give him and INU matching mountain bikes and white shirts.

got to be a drawcard! ;-)

yy_cheng

Coach
stuke said:
c'mon ...we could give him and INU matching mountain bikes and white shirts.

got to be a drawcard! ;-)

THere are great hills around Maroubra to go riding as well.

Redback71

First Grade
bullsh*t we cant keep both. when you look at what other clubs have and have had in the past on there rosters we should be able to fit both inu and hayne under the cap and probably another 1 like them.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
big boppa eel said:
Mate that's the thing though if they have it in their head they are leaving for some reason or another, no matter what you offer them it will never be enough, maybe Hayne want's to make his journey man father proud, if that's the case though why is his last name Hayne and not Thompson, I'm confused.:?

I have often thought this. If he wanted to follow in his father's foot steps so badly by joining "the pride of the league" it's surprising he hasn't changed his surname.

spiderdan

Bench
JOB 3:14 said:
I have often thought this. If he wanted to follow in his father's foot steps so badly by joining "the pride of the league" it's surprising he hasn't changed his surname.
it's a fair point.

i also don't know why jarryd would've extended with us after talking to hagan last year if he wanted to play for his old man's former club. someone correct me if i am wrong but wasn't jarryd's contract meant to finish 2006 and he extended it because, like mateo, he liked what hagan had to say?

i guess we'll find out soon enough what is going to happen but as has been stated by a few others, i think money will be the biggest factor if we do end up losing him not the links between his old man and souths as has been mooted about the press and internet.