What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths to start negotiations with Hayne this week

forward pass

Coach
Just as an aside on this issue - Can someone explain how Minto is in Parra Junior catchment? Isn't it near Campbelltown and therefore a Wests Tigers area. Just curious !

johnkolc

Juniors
Not to take the discussion backwards but someone mentioned the possibility of us losing both Hayne and Inu. Any talk out there on which club(s) would be in a position to sign Inu if this scenario became a reality?

I'd have thought both Hayne and Inu would already be on very good money given they'd have had representative incentives built into their contracts, which they have both already activated. Unless they are on lower money with the promise of higher back-ended deals.

I'd hate to lose either of them, and my guess is at best we can keep them both with PJ funds, at worst we'll lose one of them, by the sounds of it Hayne if he wants more money at Souths.

If that happens, well I like watching Hayne as much as the next Eels fan, but realistically he is a winger/fullback. If he goes we have Burt at the back who is still quite young given he debuted at 17, Reddy to fill in at either wing or fullback, and Reddy either goes gangbusters, or he fills in until Uaisele / Tautai / Williams are ready to step up.

dazeely

First Grade
Mail from a friend of mine at the club is that Souths have tabled a HUGE offer to Israel Folau for 2009 yesterday. Apparently we have managed to secure a number of third parties interested in sponsoring him at the Rabbits.

Also heard that Jarryd Hayne has agreed in principle to joining for 09 as well. They are making some modifications to the contract and he will sign on the dotted line very soon.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=160949&page=106

Y2Eel

First Grade
If we lose Hayne lets just chase after Izzy Falou... He's a better player then him now and doesnt have a big head on his shoulders...

He's also a Mourman which would go good with Inu... (Now we got rid of the Hillsong Dude...)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if we cant afford to keep Hayne, we certainly cant afford Izzy

Avenger

Immortal
dazeely said:
Avenger you used to be on the money with your sources. If so can you give a wink wink knudge knudge if you are still in the know and have any good news to share. It will be our little secret. ;-) ;-)

:D

My mate eelavation has sources way better then mine. He even winks better then me. :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
unfortunately eela knows as much as anyone else, which isn't too much at all..;-)

I will say this, get ready for a sh*tload of speculation either way before he finally announces one way or another where he's going in 09.

the only people that do know what's happening is Hayne and Beavis so I would best ignore Souths and Parra fans who seem to think they know what's going.

just talking from experiance, that's all...

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
but you ARE a great winker eela

and he might have got one wrong recently, which to use his word, not mine, made him look like a f**kwitt (his word), but at least he was our winking f**kwitt ;-) :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
and he might have got one wrong recently, which to use his word, not mine, made him look like a f**kwitt (his word), but at least he was our winking f**kwitt ;-) :lol:

I'm in good company..one day I'll inspire to get to your level of f**kwittness!!! ;-)

Latest posts