What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward, Do ya Love him yet

mxlegend99

Referee
Also gotta give him a wrap for his defence. Has been very solid for us and made some great one on one tackles. Not the defensive liability that I was expecting.

betcats

Referee
Also gotta give him a wrap for his defence. Has been very solid for us and made some great one on one tackles. Not the defensive liability that I was expecting.

He has been a beast defensively compared to what I was expecting. Like you said hes making one on one tackles every game and putting his body on the line.

SerbDragon

Coach
I loved the signing.

I said last year in defense of Soward he was forced to do so much with a shit roster at the Dragons and that he was a scapegoat for Price and Doust.

This year he is proving that right. He doesn't have to do everything and just needs to focus on his job and playing within a system and a great kicking game. He chimes in when he has to but he has the talent around him to make his job easier. At the Dragons he had nothing....and that is playing out this year very much the same as prior years.

You can love or hate his personality but as a footballer he has been exceptional this year.

spot on

betcats

Referee
Jamie said last night on the sterlo show hes feeling the love out at Penrith haha maybe reading this thread ;-)

roofromoz

First Grade
screen568x568.jpeg

Pomoz

Bench
Well, thats torn it. We will sink without trace now. Repeat after me, under the radar is best, under the radar is best, under the radar is best, under the radar is best..........

GongPanther

Referee
The first time I saw Soward play was in the under 23's Grand Final when he played for and was victorious with Easts.

I think that was about 10 years ago.

Good player then,better player now.

And very happy things have worked out for him.

friend10

Juniors
The Soward and Wallace halves are so good, I reckon they should be the blues halves. Who do you reckon is better: Ben Hunt or Wallace. I am not sure.

LatK7

First Grade
As a Saints fan, it's bittersweet. I was devastated when he left St George particularly as he was made out to be the problem. Great to see him doing so well at Penrith and remind fans of the game how good he is. Onya Sowie!

I expect a big performance from him against Saints next week.

Panther Pete

Juniors
As a Saints fan, it's bittersweet. I was devastated when he left St George particularly as he was made out to be the problem. Great to see him doing so well at Penrith and remind fans of the game how good he is. Onya Sowie!

I expect a big performance from him against Saints next week.

Should be a good game next week with us in form and you guys confident after giving it to the sharks.

soc123_au

Staff member
You would have to think Soward will be pumped for next week. Such a shame Price didn't hang around for a few more weeks. The cuts during the game to the coaches box would have been fun.

LatK7

First Grade
Should be a good game next week with us in form and you guys confident after giving it to the sharks.

It probably won't be a flogging after that confidence boost. If we can go close to Penrith I'll consider it good progress.

mxlegend99

Referee
Soward is good. Wallace is...Wallace.
Wallace is doing his job and allowing Soward to do the same. He's doing about what I expected him to do when we signed him, and I'm sure is doing exactly as Cleary wanted him to do.

As far as halves go, he's a gun defender. He's ultra competitive and does a brilliant job at taking pressure of Soward. The way our spine links up is unreal... Wallace, Soward and Moylan are looking very dangerous whenever they combine. Throw in Segeyaro starting and I think we have a spine that can keep us in the top 4.

Not sure why people are hating on Wallace. He's not inconsistent like Walsh, he doesn't wait for shit teams to shine, and he has a go every week and puts his body on the line for our team. Both our halves do... the amount of times I have seen Soward and Wallace make a tackle that in previous years our halves wouldn't have come close to making is just ridiculous. Half the reason we are among the best defensive teams is our halves not being liabilities.

maple_69

Bench
Soward made an outstanding one on one 5 metres out from our line on some big guy which saved a try in the second half.

Wallace is doing his job and allowing Soward to do the same. He's doing about what I expected him to do when we signed him, and I'm sure is doing exactly as Cleary wanted him to do.

As far as halves go, he's a gun defender. He's ultra competitive and does a brilliant job at taking pressure of Soward. The way our spine links up is unreal... Wallace, Soward and Moylan are looking very dangerous whenever they combine. Throw in Segeyaro starting and I think we have a spine that can keep us in the top 4.

Not sure why people are hating on Wallace. He's not inconsistent like Walsh, he doesn't wait for shit teams to shine, and he has a go every week and puts his body on the line for our team. Both our halves do... the amount of times I have seen Soward and Wallace make a tackle that in previous years our halves wouldn't have come close to making is just ridiculous. Half the reason we are among the best defensive teams is our halves not being liabilities.

I'm happy to admit I got the Wallace signing all wrong. Wasn't happy about him coming back but he's been a pleasant surprise.

He has had something to prove and played well.

That said having attacking ball players at 1 & 9 really helps his game IMO.

Munky

Coach
Wallace is capable of putting down the opposite sides left edge backrower.

With Walsh our right side centre and second rower obviously didn't trust him and it would always create the opportunity for the opposition to score.

For that alone I'm happy we have him.

Latest posts