What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward, Do ya Love him yet

HankScorpio

Juniors
Loving how Sowie is playing, but the post try celebrations need to go. Let your game do the talking Jamie.

I was really happy with Wallaces signing and haven't been proven wrong so far. Not a superstar, but solid and super competitive.

roofromoz

First Grade
Nothing wrong with the post-try celebrations. One thing the kid doesn't lack is passion, that's for sure.

maple_69

Bench
He's happy and confident and we don't want to see Soward lose confidence. Its cringeworthy but we are in good shape when he's carrying on like that so go ahead you little bastard.

Blues Riff

Bench
We'll see how much he misses you next round.

The cap-gun celebration would become irritating if done more than 3 times a game.

Nealo 12

First Grade
Sowards going well, I think he and Wallace compliment each other. The broncos loss is our gain big time, they blamed a lot of their problems on him same at the Dragons for Soward. I think the two are making a few of the haters a little anxious !

The Enforcer

Juniors
Soward is playing some pretty good footy at the moment, however the challenge is keeping it going as he played some decent footy at the dragons initially but seemed to lose interest and confidence.

mxlegend99

Referee
Soward is playing some pretty good footy at the moment, however the challenge is keeping it going as he played some decent footy at the dragons initially but seemed to lose interest and confidence.
Yeah... after 3 years of his team dominating the competition, and at the time Wayne Bennett left and Steve Price took over as coach. Throw in his halfback retiring and getting a crap hooker to replace him, the forward pack losing all its muscle and the backline having a dozen different shitty centres in it... how exactly was he meant to do any better then he did?

The Enforcer

Juniors
Yeah... after 3 years of his team dominating the competition, and at the time Wayne Bennett left and Steve Price took over as coach. Throw in his halfback retiring and getting a crap hooker to replace him, the forward pack losing all its muscle and the backline having a dozen different shitty centres in it... how exactly was he meant to do any better then he did?
Run the ball, learn how to tackle and show some heart would have been a good start.

moik

Bench
Under Bennett he was fantastic, not so under Price.

You guys have a great coach and Gus would be in his ear. Unfortunately (or fortunately) he's a confidence player. When his confidence is up look out. Check out Soward 2009 10 and 11 on youtube. It's a highlights reel that is matched only by Benji and Hayne.

I wanted him to do well this year and it's working out. I just hope he has a shocker next week.

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
perhaps the challange may not be to Soward but to his haters to put the 10 pies and 4 beers down long enough to watch him play.Yes he is a confidence player and the last few years at the dragons he was down no doubt.But a new club a good coach and Wallace beside him helps.

While Wallace may not be brilliant he is a talker and gets into Sowards ear all game and gets in and does a lot of the hard work as well.The combination is what Sowards needs and lacked at the dragons the last 2 years.
Do we love him .Right now we like him and are glad he is here.If he lifts the trophy seasons end then we love him

franklin2323

Immortal
That said having attacking ball players at 1 & 9 really helps his game IMO.

Yep. He has 3 try assists & 2 games hasn't made a metre. His defence has been good & gets the ball out like it should.

Watch his kicks though decent length but rarely finds grass. So solid is the word I would use.

Soward's defence has been the real shock if he gets pushed off comes back & chases but on the line makes the tackle.

Latest posts