What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward, Do ya Love him yet

Nealo 12

First Grade
Soward knows abut the haters he said in an interview that he might have a few more after the six shooter try celebrations ...I guess that's just jealousy of a successful player . we were cautious of how he would perform but he has captured the Panther supporters hearts with his commitment to our club. Well done mate.

RedVDave

First Grade
Have nothing but mad respect for Soward, his treatment by our club and a minority of our supporters was disgraceful.

Unfortunatley he will tear us to shreds this comming week, like he did the Roosters whenever he played them.

Always wondered how him & Widdop would faired in the halves.

Kilkenny

Coach
I never doubted Jamie Soward would be successful with the Panthers. He has showed what he is capable off and what he brings to the side. He wasn't the first choice admittedly considering we made a play for Thurston and Carney but the only concern was the length of his contract. Four years is a long time. We need Sowie and Wallace to stay fit and healthy for the remainder of this season in our endeavour for a top eight spot.

Sime_11

Juniors
although Soward is playing really well at Penrith, I still think he has more to offer in his kicking game personally, im not saying its bad (its been very good) I still think he has more to offer kicking wise.

Needs to find the grass abit more on the 5th and more grubbers than cross field bombs etc wouldnt be a bad thing. Grubbers are more attacking & yield better results than bombs etc IMO. but of course you need to be down in the opposition 20.

chrisD

Coach
The Dragons kicked better than us, particularly long, wouldn't have expected that. Or maybe our back coverage was poorer. Probably a combination of both.

Big Mick

Referee
The Dragons kicked better than us, particularly long, wouldn't have expected that. Or maybe our back coverage was poorer. Probably a combination of both.

Definitely combination of both.

Naiqama had a shocker and tracked kicks back very poorly imo.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
although Soward is playing really well at Penrith, I still think he has more to offer in his kicking game personally, im not saying its bad (its been very good) I still think he has more to offer kicking wise.

Needs to find the grass abit more on the 5th and more grubbers than cross field bombs etc wouldnt be a bad thing. Grubbers are more attacking & yield better results than bombs etc IMO. but of course you need to be down in the opposition 20.

Our kicking game was poor against the Dragons. Wallace in particular.

Kilkenny

Coach
I haven't watched a replay of the game versus the Dragons and it was certainly a tad frustrating to watched live at the ground given we were not able to kill the game off and allowed them back into the game.

Haven't said that the Dragons really turned up and were good value. Our defence for the most part was very good again so that was pleasing.

I understand some fans what us to turn on the sparkling 40-next to nothing victories but this competition of so close and competitive that isn't always gonna happen.

The dragons scored early in that second half to get within two but we recovered and came away with the two points. Happy days.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Soward for mine, Whare and Taylor a close second.

Mansour and Peachey also outstanding.

Latimore has been the biggest surprise for me. Going great guns.

roofromoz

First Grade
Hopefully he's not out for too long. Scans on Tuesday.

If he's not fit, Humble will probably slot in. That, or maybe move Moylan there, but then who do you put at fullback?

Latest posts