What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward goes but Thompson comes

CC_Saint

Juniors
Get Dugan and Williams and we're well on our way to being the St George Illawarra Canberra Dragons.

Maybe throw in the Raider mascot as well so Happy has a play friend.

Raider_69

Post Whore
As a raider supporter as soon as we went all in to re sign Papalii I expected to lose Thompson. We can't afford to have over a million a year in the backrow.

Yep. Was really only room for one of them. Sucks for us, he is a good player but that's the nature of the salary cap. Good luck to him and the Dragons. He will be missed but I think the club made the right call on Papalii and Fensom over JT

DragonBuck

Juniors
Saw the tweet from him this morning as well. Says it's a 3yr deal and wasn't about money as all offers were very similar. He and his wife believe it is best for their family.

Good signing but were do you think he will line up? We have a stack of backrowers.....
I've seen a few raiders games with him at centre. He is handy there but not really the strike centre we should be chasing. That said he is still better than either centre we have at this point in time.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
What??

Thompson is a good signing in my opinion (if we get him that is). Lost Scott at the end of last year & almost certainly Cooper at the end of this year. If we are going to sign established players who cares where they come from.

Not hammering the signing I like it, at least we have signed someone... Was referring to club management and the direction or lack of it...

Gomarchin

Juniors
Have the NRL imposed some sort of resrtiction on our recruitment?

It appears we have to adhere to 1. A Salary Cap and 2. Can only recruit players from Canberra.

I'm convinced this is the case and believe the club should take this to Fair Trading for restriction of trade.

CC_Saint

Juniors
Saw the tweet from him this morning as well. Says it's a 3yr deal and wasn't about money as all offers were very similar. He and his wife believe it is best for their family.

Good signing but were do you think he will line up? We have a stack of backrowers.....
I've seen a few raiders games with him at centre. He is handy there but not really the strike centre we should be chasing. That said he is still better than either centre we have at this point in time.

There'll be a spot for him don't worry about that.

He's every bit the player of Harrison, Friz, Prior etc.