What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward is a ball hog

lucablight

First Grade
A few weeks ago against the Eels the Dragons would have been in the lead at halftime if Soward had passed the ball. Today against Manly when he made the break he had plenty of support on his outside yet he refused to pass the ball and consequently the game was alot closer than it should have been. Has anyone else noticed this?

Hurriflatch

Referee
I actually thought it was Ritche Williams who hogged the ball just before half time against Parra

Eelementary

Post Whore
Can't win these days...:crazy:

Tim Smith sucks because he doesn't hog the ball enough. :crazy:

Jamie Soward sucks because he hogs the ball too much. :crazy:

lucablight

First Grade
I never said Jamie Soward sucks. The fact of the matter is if you make a break and have support you should pass the ball if they have a better chance of scoring than you do.

lucablight said:
I never said Jamie Soward sucks. The fact of the matter is if you make a break and have support you should pass the ball if they have a better chance of scoring than you do.

can i get a mitchell pearce

Charlie124

First Grade
He's bombed a couple of tries but he's also created a few from nothing plays. He might hog the ball at times but he's only a kid and is still finding his feet as a regular first grader. If he stays injury free he will be a star for the Dragons in the future, no doubt.

dragonfire

Bench
yeah i thought he should of passed but who cares, we still won the match. If your going to be so nitpicking i also will call out both Rangi Chase and Chase Stanley for bombing certain tries. Happy now? BTW i think the partnership between Chase and Soward is developing nicely, lets hope Brown realises this and brings Gasnier back into the side at centre if he can play this year

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lucablight said:
Today against Manly when he made the break he had plenty of support on his outside yet he refused to pass the ball and consequently the game was alot closer than it should have been. Has anyone else noticed this?
Actually, he had support on the inside.
Adam Peek was the support player from memory.

Slackboy72

Coach
I'm just surprised that Soward is so fast. He can really teararse down the field. So yes he did hog it a couple of times but that is probably because he backs himself and his speed. Give him time and he'll learn to back his teammates too.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
Slackboy72 said:
I'm just surprised that Soward is so fast. He can really teararse down the field. So yes he did hog it a couple of times but that is probably because he backs himself and his speed. Give him time and he'll learn to back his teammates too.
At the Roosters all the fans had a go at him for not being willing to back himself. Always played before the line, he's now starting to mature as a player and trying to add variety to his game. It'll take time, but he's certainly been proven to not be a ball hog. He's just trying to back himself and find that fine line between hogging and playing smart footy. Something that isn't too far away. He'll be great for the dragons, I wish he was still at the Roosters.

sooperdooper

First Grade
soward is a decent player... he just needs to be given a genuine shot! like he is at the dragons...
at the roosters he was moved around to much.

God-King Dean

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
:lol::lol::lol: Owned!

:lol:

owned.png