What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spagnolo Back On the board?

HevyDevy

Coach
Are things really that bad Casper?

I care about the club too and I'm at least as smart as you are. I can't see a problem with Spagnolo on the board, and if he doesn't do a good job (meaning the CEO and he coach he has signed don't do a good job) then he will be turfed next election.

But he brought these key employees to the club. Is it right that somebody else gets the glory when we start performing on the field?

:sarcasm: He was turfed this time, PP

I don't think I've ever read so much rubbish in such a short space of time.

This is a guy that went out of his way to sabotage the coach that was in place when his board came into power in 2009. A guy that publicly called for the "leaks to stop" yet was in-fact the chief leaker himself.

A guy that jumped at the first opportunity he could to sack a coach, a year after the side reached the GF, then appointed in his place the great SK who led us to a wooden spoon and almost two wooden spoons during his brilliant two year tenure (not to mention a dodgy CEO).

A guy who was voted off the board but has managed to manipulate the system in order to return despite finishing way down in 10th - an obvious message from the members that he is not wanted.

And you expect him to play his part in "an invisible board"? :lol:

I can assure you that when the leaks start again now that he and his mates don't hold the balance of power on the new board, we'll all know where they are coming from.

Bigfella

Coach
f**k the Daniel Anderson sooks shit me.

The bloke was f**king hopeless. Had about 8 weeks of winning with no idea how it happened or how to do it again. Appalling recruitment and retention and no idea about youth development.

Will probably never coach again.

The only reason we have to be optimistic is the development work commenced by Nolan with the support of Kearney and now Ricky, plus hopefully some additional recruiting.

FFS let it go. The bloke was hopeless and set development back at least two years.

jimmy77au

Juniors

The bloke was f**king hopeless. Had about 8 weeks of winning with no idea how it happened or how to do it again. Appalling recruitment and retention and no idea about youth development.

The only reason we have to be optimistic is the development work commenced by Nolan with the support of Kearney and now Ricky, plus hopefully some additional recruiting.

FFS let it go. The bloke was hopeless and set development back at least two years.

This is true - I said in a long winded post on the Ding Dong thread - as a representative of a Junior Club - Was lucky to hear from the guy under Nolan (A former Broncos Jr Development guy), who got quizzed by many in the room that night. He came in last year - and discovered that the Juniors had been neglected, ignored & allowed to leave to other clubs with no worries.

According to him - Some of the Juniors your now seeing come through wouldnt be coming through this season if not for the systems that he put in place last year.

Muttman

Juniors

Yeah DA took two teams to Grand Finals. Up until 2010 every team he'd ever coached at any level had made the Finals. For sure he's hopeless and just got lucky.

Gronk

Staff member
I blame Terry Fearnley.

I see Terry Fearnley every now and then. Last time I saw him was last year (?) and he was quite humbled that people even knew who he was. He said that he still watches footy and enjoys the modern game.

#legend

HevyDevy

Coach

That's hilariously wrong and shows a complete misunderstanding of how the club was run under DA's tenure, but not to let facts get in the way.

And Stagger, the appointment of Ricky was the first step in being able to put the events of the past behind. The only remaining step was to remove the toxic elements at board level. We so very nearly managed to do just that ...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That's hilariously wrong and shows a complete misunderstanding of how the club was run under DA's tenure, but not to let facts get in the way.

And Stagger, the appointment of Ricky was the first step in being able to put the events of the past behind. The only remaining step was to remove the toxic elements at board level. We so very nearly managed to do just that ...
So what was Ando's excuse for completely neglecting our junior set up!??

He was harshly treated and he didn't have all the help he should have but some of you people think he is completely blameless. It's much easier to blame the board than to admit he wasn't the bloke to dig us out of this mess.

I see Terry Fearnley every now and then. Last time I saw him was last year (?) and he was quite humbled that people even knew who he was. He said that he still watches footy and enjoys the modern game.

#legend

Good stuff. For some reason I can still remember typical camera shots of his face while watching an Eels game, with Rex commentating in background. I think my most recent boss also looks a hell of a lot like Terry did 30 years ago.

Bigfella

Coach

#legend

He seems like a champion guy.

I was only seven or eight in 81 so that season is my first real memory of following parra and I wasn't conscious of him as our coach. Everything I've read and seen of him suggests that he was very important in out development and was/is a real gentleman.

I think the same about most or all of the coaches since though too. I think ando seems like a great bloke and I think he's done some great things as referee bosses. I do like smithy as a bloke but he obviously has some great strengths and real limitations as a coach.

Sk and hagan are both very nice blokes too.

Muttman

Juniors
So what was Ando's excuse for completely neglecting our junior set up!??

He was harshly treated and he didn't have all the help he should have but some of you people think he is completely blameless. It's much easier to blame the board than to admit he wasn't the bloke to dig us out of this mess.

I think you answered your own question

Delboy

First Grade
Think some of you posters who think Ando was the answer should talk to people in the club. He completely ignored the junior set up and recruitment and identification under both DA and Reddy was awful.

We now have the set up we need tp move forward,and to keep commenting on about DA shows you should be involved like Jimmy and even me in the junior league and attend junior league meetings, you might understand the issues and how they have improved.

The mood around the club is very good, and we don't need all the bleating about the board, we have what we have, Sharp is no genius but if he Can utilise Roy's abilities and contacts then we are in a good place.

Bigfella

Coach
I shouldn't have said anything. It just shits me that we can't move forward and support the team and the club because people want to hold on to petty grudges.

Stagger eel

Staff member

#legend

You're one lucky bastard marty, I so wanna meet him...he's up there with Gibson as the most important coach in the history of the club, he was the reason why crow, pricey, Sterlo and Wally Wynn came... He was responsible for the development of guru, very and zip.. It's a tragedy he never picked up a premiership because he deserved it..

Gronk

Staff member
You're one lucky bastard marty, I so wanna meet him...he's up there with Gibson as the most important coach in the history of the club, he was the reason why crow, pricey, Sterlo and Wally Wynn came... He was responsible for the development of guru, very and zip.. It's a tragedy he never picked up a premiership because he deserved it..

Yep, he also coached the Kangaroos for 6/7 matches.