What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speechless !

forward pass

Coach
It has been a couple of hours and I still don't know what to say to describe what I saw tonight. It was beyond inept. It was schoolkid stuff seriously. I have kept tight lipped after our previous losses but tonight was something else. Kickoffs going dead, no dummy half, throwing punches for no reason, passing to no-one, falling for dummies, not a single kick finding the touchline, etc etc etc .

It was appallingly inept and quite frankly embarrassing. How many times has inu kicked dead from the kickoff? I mean you have 50+ metre square to kick to so how can you miss?

As I said, I am speechless. We turned up like our season was over but the result in nz meant we were still a chance.

Oh - and what is the updated number of scoreless halves for us this year? 15?

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Tonight gave me fond memories of the Corey Pearson, Chris Thorman days. Never a dull moment being a Parra fan.

mrpwnd

Bench
Don't get me started mate.
I've spent all year defending the teams crap play and i've just about spat the dummy and let me assure you, i'm a very good-natured, lovable and fuzzy bloke that gets along.
But this, oh God, not even the absence of Gus' commentating could do anything to prevent the absolutely crap feeling I got out of this.

Parra Steve

Juniors
Considering our season was on the line, what we produced was embrassing, it was like we were going for the wooden spoon

boxhead

First Grade
It was definitely our most pathetic performance of the year, considering the circumstances.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Considering our season was on the line, what we produced was embrassing, it was like we were going for the wooden spoon

that's the most aggravating thing, schoolboy errors, second gear intensity......someone has to be accountable for that sh*t. how can any coach not be embaressed that he can allow a team to perform like that, not just tonight, but on numerous occasions this season, and on this occasion when it mattered most

Gaffman

Juniors
Just had the unfortunate pleasure to not only just finish seeing the boys lose but also 2 hours behind the event, up here in Brisbane. Awful, heartless, boring, fizzer... it was our entire season summed up in 80 mins.

If thats how they thought they needed to play to A) Win and B) Win big, to keep the season alive, to send Cayless out on a high, to play for pride... FMD... I hope someone, or probably several people at the club put their hands up this week to take responsibility for not getting the team up to scratch.

Isn't it amazing what a good 9 and 7 can do. Souths made better yardage, in a more direct fashion and finished it with better kicks.

And i don't give a toss if Mateo set up a try and scored one tonight, the bloke is a liability and causes me endless headaches, good riddance.

Glenn

First Grade

Amen, zero intensity for the best part 0f 65 minutes.
As I said elsewhere f**king disgraceful from so call Professional footballers. :x

ParraAds

Juniors
This time last year we had just qualified for the finals after belting Penrith..... how things have changed.

Pathetic, embarrassing etc....

Suitman

Post Whore
It has been a couple of hours and I still don't know what to say to describe what I saw tonight. It was beyond inept. It was schoolkid stuff seriously. I have kept tight lipped after our previous losses but tonight was something else. Kickoffs going dead, no dummy half, throwing punches for no reason, passing to no-one, falling for dummies, not a single kick finding the touchline, etc etc etc .

It was appallingly inept and quite frankly embarrassing. How many times has inu kicked dead from the kickoff? I mean you have 50+ metro square to kick to so how can you miss?

As I said, I am speechless. We turned up like our season was over but the result in nz meant we were still a chance.

Oh - and what is the updated number of scoreless halves for us this year? 15?

I'm hurting too mate, and you know what?
I'm speechless as well.
I really don't know what to say.

Worst thing was, South's really threw nothing at us, and even then we couldn't combat their nothingness.

It was indeed, embarressing.

Suity

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Don't get me started mate.
I've spent all year defending the teams crap play and i've just about spat the dummy and let me assure you, i'm a very good-natured, lovable and fuzzy bloke that gets along.
But this, oh God, not even the absence of Gus' commentating could do anything to prevent the absolutely crap feeling I got out of this.

How fuzzy is fuzzy? love that post... made me chuckle good work :lol:

Haynzy

First Grade
Yeah definitely.... Though on nights like this I almost wish someone had told me the score.......almost.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Its sad because the Tigers and South's tonight were just begging to lose. Newcastle and Brisbane earlier in the year were begging to lose. The Warriors were begging to lose. But we still manage to throw the game away. We aren't capitalising on our opportunities and we aren't building pressure.

It was one of those games that make you appreciate the good times. And that's what I'm going to do, I'm going to put my recording of the 2009 Preliminary Final vs the Dogs on and sit back and enjoy remembering being one of those 40'000 Eels fans screaming in celebration. I think I cried singing Click Go the Eels at fulltime.