What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoiler: FNF Souths v Penrith

Loudstrat

Coach
It was a disgrace for any Souths fan what was dished up last night. With a top 8 spot on the line they came out and played like that. Full credit to the Panthers who played some great footy, but I can't help but focus on South's poor performance
100% spot on. Rusty has spent plenty of buscuit - and time - assembling a decent squad. 6 weeks ago the wree gunning for a top 4 spot. Yes, injuries to Luke and Taylor haven't helped. But nothing is more annoying that a team spectacularly blowing a decent finals chance. Souths rarely get these chances - and to continually blow them is criminal.

If SOuths get to the top 4 or a prelim final - watch the massive interest in League. But if it ever happens - geez.....
I couldn't believe to hear at 28-0 supporters going off at the refs. I had arguments with some fans on the hill because they didn't like to hear the truth.

I have heard all the excuses from Souths fans. Mostly about our injuries. Every team gets them and yes we did have a horror run of them for the last 6 weeks. But the fact is that there were about 3 or 4 games that we were leading into the last few minutes of the game to get ran down. Sounds to me like they have trouble closing games. That is the real reason why Souths have missed out on the top 8.
PArtisan support isn't abusing everything that goes against you as a conspiracy. It ain't the refs fault Souths couldn't tackle.

Last night for them was like the Warriors game in 2008 was like for us. We never blamed the ref though. We blamed our team and club - exactly where the blame deserved to lay.

Next year Bunnies, next year..............

GongPanther

Referee
When you enter in the injury toll that Souths are suffering,and the desperation that the Panthers had to enforce,its no wonder they have copped a flogging.

They have most of their side back at full strength,they would have been in the top 4.

They'll lick their wounds,shake themselves down,and be bigger and better as a unit for next season.

The f**king entering Souffs injury toll bullsh*t how about entering that most of that forward pack are sh*t - Asotasi hasn't done anything since he left the Bullscum, Ben Ross has keept the Souffs physio team in employment, Mick Crocker stopped being decent many years ago, Dave Taylor has once tackled a forward and he injured himself in doing so and the rest aside from Sam Burgess are your average run of the mill players who are no f**king world beaters.

Factor that sh*t in.

thommo4pm

Coach
When you enter in the injury toll that Souths are suffering,and the desperation that the Panthers had to enforce,its no wonder they have copped a flogging.

They have most of their side back at full strength,they would have been in the top 4.

They'll lick their wounds,shake themselves down,and be bigger and better as a unit for next season.

Souths really only went through 1 or 2 games with a big injury list.
Who was missing on Friday night?
Taylor, Sutton, Lowe & I'll say Geddes.

Ross doesn't count as he hasn't played a second of footy in 2 years.
The injury list is what most clubs have put up with for most of the season.

big country

Juniors
The f**king entering Souffs injury toll bullsh*t how about entering that most of that forward pack are sh*t - Asotasi hasn't done anything since he left the Bullscum, Ben Ross has keept the Souffs physio team in employment, Mick Crocker stopped being decent many years ago, Dave Taylor has once tackled a forward and he injured himself in doing so and the rest aside from Sam Burgess are your average run of the mill players who are no f**king world beaters.

Factor that sh*t in.

the biggest thing to factor in is the sh*t YOU come up with sweetheart;-)

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Souths really only went through 1 or 2 games with a big injury list.
Who was missing on Friday night?
Taylor, Sutton, Lowe & I'll say Geddes.

Ross doesn't count as he hasn't played a second of footy in 2 years.
The injury list is what most clubs have put up with for most of the season.

You forgot probably the biggest loss in our forward pack in Luke Stuart. But I am one who is not going to blame injuries for where we are on the ladder. If they had of gone out there and showed a bit of commitment I would have been satisfied that they at least tried. The fact is Souths failed to close out games that they should have won and now are paying for it.

Latest posts