What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoiler Parra - Tits

jk13

First Grade
another prop needs to step up and giv cay a hand. but to me all of it is irrevelant unless u hav attacking structure. even if we had crocker 2nite, he would of got man handled one of the ruck everytime just like the others

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Timmy has looked good at times, Finch has been ordinary.

We we're worse last week, but we just can't take our chances. And our marker defence has been sh*thouse. Scott Prince is a gun.

What game were you watching ?

I thought Finch played all over Tim (again) to the extent that when he took control he scored.

We played alot better than last week and it was reflected in the score (apart from last try)

Nothing to be proud of but a little improvement on last week. The Titans played well but gee we have some work to do if we want to be serious contenders.
Have a look when i posted that!!! just after halftime. Tim went missing after that and Finch really picked up his play. So i was watching the same game as you.

muznik

Juniors
Have a look when i posted that!!! just after halftime. Tim went missing after that and Finch really picked up his play. So i was watching the same game as you.

Yeah fair enough, i was just hoping for a better game from Timmy and for mine he didnt stand up. Mind you there was some improvement.

I was just trying to add a little perspective to all the doom & gloom.

I thought we improved but we still have a long way to go.

I think if Tim is the real deal ( & I have been one to defend him) he really needed a better game than that against a form half like Prince.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah fair enough, i was just hoping for a better game from Timmy and for mine he didnt stand up. Mind you there was some improvement.

I was just trying to add a little perspective to all the doom & gloom.

I thought we improved but we still have a long way to go.

I think if Tim is the real deal ( & I have been one to defend him) he really needed a better game than that against a form half like Prince.
Tims copping the full brunt tonight, but what about the coaching staff??? Even more to blame IMO. Our attack looks pedestrian, and defence is even worse. Some of the blame has to come back on them.

bartman

Immortal
how can it all be tims fault when no one is running decoys, look at what tim is freakin working with,
Surely it is a playmaker's role to get the bodies in motion, and communicate (on field and through the week at training) about what he needs and expects to make his attack function. What are we paying Joey for? These things just don't magically appear by themselves and a number 7 has to step up.

It seems by description like there is no cohesiveness in our attack, no-one knows what to expect so it ends up in inside balls and poor options because no-one is taking charge and directing the show, like better halfbacks do.

For the rest of the season I believe we should try:
6. Mateo
7. Finch
9. Keating
14. Riddell
and Tim -> Wenty

Our defense maybe suffers because we don't have the self-belief that our attack can match it, with the worries about our playmaker leading into the season... if he doesn't perform next week, it's time to drop him to Wenty.

This line-up would give the side some stability and communication, and the other players like Burt and Hayne a chance to know what they are working with each week and how to best slot in. Maybe we are like the Sharks were, where having Dykes and Kimmorley both in the side ended up worse than when they just had one?

And someone needs to take the forwards aside and show them how to gain momentum again, taking the inside run each time means that we aren't making as many yards and not getting on a roll. Are these practiced/coached moves, or are they happening because there is a lack of confidence in our playmakers as they stand?

That's my rant over.

fish eel

Immortal
Surely it is a playmaker's role to get the bodies in motion, and communicate (on field and through the week at training) about what he needs and expects to make his attack function. What are we paying Joey for? These things just don't magically appear by themselves and a number 7 has to step up.

It seems by description like there is no cohesiveness in our attack, no-one knows what to expect so it ends up in inside balls and poor options because no-one is taking charge and directing the show, like better halfbacks do.

For the rest of the season I believe we should try:
6. Mateo
7. Finch
9. Keating
14. Riddell
and Tim -> Wenty

Our defense maybe suffers because we don't have the self-belief that our attack can match it, with the worries about our playmaker leading into the season... if he doesn't perform next week, it's time to drop him to Wenty.

This line-up would give the side some stability and communication, and the other players like Burt and Hayne a chance to know what they are working with each week and how to best slot in. Maybe we are like the Sharks were, where having Dykes and Kimmorley both in the side ended up worse than when they just had one?

And someone needs to take the forwards aside and show them how to gain momentum again, taking the inside run each time means that we aren't making as many yards and not getting on a roll. Are these practiced/coached moves, or are they happening because there is a lack of confidence in our playmakers as they stand?

That's my rant over.

there was quite a stark difference between scott prince and our halves.

while prince did have players in motion, he was a livewire for good portions of the match, whereas our halves were generally static waiting for something to happen

bartman

Immortal
That sounds like the thing Fish, it's lack of confidence in attack. Everything stems from that imo.

We have to do something to build it within the team, at training and on game days.

I think Timmy and Riddell come as a bit of a unit, they have confidence in each other. But if either of them is missing I wouldn't hesitate in selecting Mateo/Finch and Keating to start above them, with the remaining one of Tim/Pig from the bench.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I think alot of you need to shut up before Parra play, I looked in some other theads this week and i see sh*t like "Luke Bailey is out, Parra will smash them" "Parra by not less then 50" "Parra will win we are at home" This is dumb sh*t, The Titans are one of the form teams of the comp and were sitting 2nd! It at least takes Parra 9-10 weeks before we start playing good footy, Joel Reddy and Tim Smith have to be dropped, Thank god Ben Smith is back.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Tims copping the full brunt tonight, but what about the coaching staff??? Even more to blame IMO. Our attack looks pedestrian, and defence is even worse. Some of the blame has to come back on them.
Michael Hagen = Nathan Brown, just one of the boys without a clue, and how much are we paying Johns for all this f**king wisdom.