What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*spolier* Trent Barrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Paul*

Juniors
Have to agree, this thread is bizarre. One wonders at the reactions if Marsh, whose head was down and elbow cocked, had collected Barrett flush - pure good fortune for all concerned that it didn't.

Iafeta

Referee
No tye, Hopoate jumped after the ball had cleared Galloway's hands, THEN raised and cocked the elbows.

Marsh jumped while Barrett was about to kick, as the ball went past dropped the arms down, connected with the chest/arm. The law of gravity says PJ can't avert a mid air jump or spring up to Mars to get out of his way.

Get in the real world for god's sakes. Stop trying to deflect attention off the cat that is Barrett.

David Brent

Juniors
Tackling? What PJ Marsh did was tackling? Please. There was contact to the head - partial, somwhat, minor - whatever, and it came from Marsh's elbow/forearm.

Yes, there is contact to the head every week. No, it is not acceptable for there to be contact to the head when a player is in mid-air and his defences are down.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
grouch said:
FFS you people are delusional beyond belief. "Barrett = Danny Williams" what a laugh. Barrett believed Marsh was attempting to elbow him in the face late, and it took a slow-mo replay to prove that Marsh didn't. Barrett's reaction was merely dirty and stupid - this hysteria you are all labouring to indulge in is ridiculous.

As I said - Oneill got suspended for the tackle that set off Danny. The review won't even bother looking at Marsh's tackle. I don't give a **** what Trent thought happened. He was kidding himself and should not get away with it simply because he thought a clean hit was an illegal one.

SUSPEND THE BASTARD! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bullrider

Juniors
Marsh did the wrong thing. But what Barret did was as bad as Danny Williams it is just he didnt connect and probably was open handed slap.

Snappy Tom

Juniors
Barrett was responding to what he thought was a high/late hit by PJ Marsh, which it was not.

The elbow of Marsh did make partial contact with Barretts head, I think the elbow made contact with the arm and moved up from there.

The Ref and touchies got it right and let the incident go.

I am also a Parramatta supporter.

girvie

Staff member
tye said:
Similair to the Hoppa incident......disgraceful....
Youve got to be kidding. Charge downs similar to Marshs happen 200 times a year. The only difference in this incident is the reaction from Barrett.

Iafeta

Referee
David Brent said:
Tackling? What PJ Marsh did was tackling? Please. There was contact to the head - partial, somwhat, minor - whatever, and it came from Marsh's elbow/forearm.

Yes, there is contact to the head every week. No, it is not acceptable for there to be contact to the head when a player is in mid-air and his defences are down.

And the NRL has announced David Brent as the new judicial chief.

"I plan to have 126 blokes a week on various charges," Brent said.

"Yeah, I'm a nuff nuff who has no idea of the rigours of rugby league and the various minor accidents, and I plan to prosecute all of them to the letter of the law."

Onya, sparky.

RABK

Referee
Genghis Chan said:
Why the **** did he stay on the field? He should've been sent off and in a taxi on the way to his Judicary meeting. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Nice to see you changed your sig but did you not watch Origin. Time to change it again f**ktard.

I see People are saying that Barrett's King Hit is alright. YOU ARE A f**kING DISGRACE. 2 WEEKS MY f**kING ARSE

HE SHOULD GET 16 weeks and hopefully never to play RL agian

Genghis Chan

Juniors
If it did hit Barrett in the head, and from angle it looks as though it did - another as though it didn't, then it's come of Barrett's shoulder anyway. Don't know how it can be mentioned in the same breath as the Hopoate own on Galloway.

And think of this - if it WAS late, if it WAS high........why wasn't there a penalty? Hmm...maybe because there was nothing wrong with the hit.

It's about time Barrett gets hung, drawn and quartered. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Genghis Chan

Juniors
chemicalstorm said:
I see People are saying that Barrett's King Hit is alright. YOU ARE A f**kING DISGRACE. 2 WEEKS MY f**kING ARSE

Danny got 16, Barrett should get 26. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Deacon

First Grade
As a Dragons supporter relating Barretts Hit on Pj marsh to the Williams incident is a f**kin joke, Mark O'Neill didnt set Danny Williams off whereas PJ Marsh did to Barrett, I tohught Mander handed the situation well but people who think Barrett should receive a lengthy suspension should f**kin take a long hard look at urselves

grouch

First Grade
chemicalstorm said:

These Melbourne Storm fans are my favourite. They like to swear a lot, jump up and down, lots of poorly spelt words, and plenty of grammatically challenged ramblings. Kind of like chimps in a cage.

*Paul*

Juniors
Genghis Chan said:
If it did hit Barrett in the head, and from angle it looks as though it did -
This is the point of the sane posters in this thread. This is foul play, and should've drawn a penalty. Barrett's reaction should then been the subject of further scrutiny.

Snappy Tom

Juniors
*Paul* said:
Maybe I should make my point a little clearer.

The hit was not late.

The elbow hit Barrett upper arm and them made contact with the head.

Nothing in the incident. IMO

Barrett reacted to what he thought was a late cheap shot.

Ref, touchies and video Ref let the incident go.

They all got it right, leave it on the football field where it belongs.

grouch said:
These Melbourne Storm fans are my favourite. They like to swear a lot, jump up and down, lots of poorly spelt words, and plenty of grammatically challenged ramblings. Kind of like chimps in a cage.

Get back into the Rubbish can, Oscar

hotsnow

Juniors
I can't see how people can call Barrett's punch 'cowardly' and then in the smae breath say PJ's 'hit' was ok. Tall poppy syndrome is oozing from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts