What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sponsor

Special K

Coach
I dunno...if I were the Sharks I wouldn't want to draw attention to the fact that we only now secured a sponsor...it just fuels the story of us being broke/hopeless/financial deadshits.

To run out on Sunday with a sponsor on the front as if nothing untoward happened is a much better message to send to the public.
You do not think that the company spending hundreds of thousands of dollars would not want the publicity?

It would also add to the "feel good" vibe we have at the club atm before it all goes to shit when we lose a game :lol:

Ausguy

Coach
You do not think that the company spending hundreds of thousands of dollars would not want the publicity?

It would also add to the "feel good" vibe we have at the club atm before it all goes to shit when we lose a game :lol:

Exactly....

think about it... we dont announce today... and we dont annoucne next week.. we get pounded both weeks then announce it...

fmd... im telling you early this week WAS THE TIME!!!!

manly won the comp last year

mid wayy through they dd a press conference with the Kasperski lab sponsor coming on board.

its not a desperation move. its the confir,ation of a business agreement and it shows the league that we can sign sponsors and are moving in the right direction.

leaving it this late leads me to question whats actually happening.

fizman

Bench
I don't wish to sound like Captian Obvious here, but I know that if the development is approved, there are sponsors falling over themselves to be a part of the Sharks, and they will be coming from everywhere. The interest in will be like never before.

The flip side was that no one was ready to invest large dollars until that decision was made.

My hope is that the feedback re: the development is positive enough to leverage the new sponsors at this point in time.

There are many possible scenarios. They may enter an agreement that says we will pay you X now, and if the development is approved we will up that to Y.

I don't believe that they have had a known sponsor for 4 weeks and just decided not to announce it because they didn't feel like it. The negotiations may literally be in the final stages of signing off. Just enough time to have the jerseys printed for Sunday's game.

Special K

Coach
You could do a press conference monday or whatever but you would think they would "Call" it soon if they are going to have the players use it for sunday

Ausguy

Coach
Fizman... im not sure we will see sponsors re-development anytime soon... it will take years before anything is finished

Ausguy

Coach
might as well have a guess then if we are going to have a random one on sunday...

lets just say it is... a charity (cos i cant believe it sthe real one with no 'announcment') the mcgrath foundation is my guess

Frenzy.

Immortal
Aus.

What about if the sponsors are retailers who want in on the development?

What if the sponsors are a company/s already trading in the vicinity who stand to benefit from drive by traffic generated by the dev?

What if the sponsors are the developers themselves?

Why are the proponents still reviewing the submissions?

Card Shark

Immortal

I thought the sharks / developers submitted the PPR (preferred project report) to the dept of planning about a month ago after reviewing the submissions. This was the developers chance to alter the design based upon public submissions.

The dept is now reviewing the PPR which was to take 4-6 weeks & then it goes to another planning commission for final approval which may take the same time.

If you have read somewhere that they are reviewing submissions, maybe it is in the 2nd last stage?

Ausguy

Coach
Aus.

What about if the sponsors are retailers who want in on the development?

What if the sponsors are a company/s already trading in the vicinity who stand to benefit from drive by traffic generated by the dev?

What if the sponsors are the developers themselves?

I can guarantee the current retail environment there are NO sponsorships being offered.

The only sposnosrship that makes sense regarding the development is the developers themselves, i agree there, and that is the only reason why a delay in annoucning makes sense

If it isnt them then announce it... i dont know why the secret or delay,

as for submissions... who knows... be patient apparently.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I thought the sharks / developers submitted the PPR (preferred project report) to the dept of planning about a month ago after reviewing the submissions. This was the developers chance to alter the design based upon public submissions.

The dept is now reviewing the PPR which was to take 4-6 weeks & then it goes to another planning commission for final approval which may take the same time.

If you have read somewhere that they are reviewing submissions, maybe it is in the 2nd last stage?

It's on the DOP website. I check it daily. There hasn't been any movement on this for months.

Isn't Ben Fairfax the proponent. Why is he still reviewing? I reckon there are problems with it.

http://majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au/index.pl?action=view_job&job_id=4485

Ausguy

Coach
maybe we are worried that if we call a press conference, tinkler will call and steal the sponsor

Craigshark

First Grade
I have a feeling Aus will be right, and the sponsor or charity which is on our jersey on Sunday won't be the final one.. I just hope I'm wrong and we announce and have one before then.

Ausguy

Coach
im just running on this theory...

DI said it will be announced when the time is right, what makes the rest of today or a saturday any different from any other tim ein the last month??

If its our real sponsor i will be blown away

ghoti

Bench
Irvine is probably tossing up whether to approve the GWS Giants as their major sponsor for the year