What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sponsor

newman

First Grade
It's on the DOP website. I check it daily. There hasn't been any movement on this for months.

Isn't Ben Fairfax the proponent. Why is he still reviewing? I reckon there are problems with it.

http://majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au/index.pl?action=view_job&job_id=4485

You dont know that. You are making that assumption based on a government website not being updated. While it would be nice for them to update the bloody thing, silence doesnt mean bad things are going down. If you are so interested in this stuff, why didnt you attend any of the meetings or info nights? We had full access to the developers and meeting and talking to them personally instilled a feeling of genuine confidence. We were always told that this would be "the vacuum stage" where they reviewed the submission. We are still within that timeframe.

I can guarantee the current retail environment there are NO sponsorships being offered.

The only sposnosrship that makes sense regarding the development is the developers themselves, i agree there, and that is the only reason why a delay in annoucning makes sense

If it isnt them then announce it... i dont know why the secret or delay,

Again, dont assume that silence, a lack of leaks or any PR "back door" stories means that things are not good. We were told all along that sponsorship would be announced pre round 1. All official info from the club points to that (or maybe a single week late). I would be worried if there were rumours from reliable sources about not having a sponsor, but none of that has surfaced. I see the front of jersey sponsor as a bonus anyway. Are you forgetting HiSense continued on as back of jersey sponsors for almost the same price as their previous full sponsorship? We havent lost a single thing.

The club is being run in a far more professional manner than in the past. Now that certain ex board members have been axed, you can expect a hell of a lot less info being leaked out. Get used to not knowing shit. That doesnt mean that the worst is happening, either.

Ausguy

Coach
Newms its not about me or anyone knowing leaks...

the season kicks off in 48hrs and 34 mins and we have no sponsor!!!

If the club is being run proffesionally as you say then why dont the fans know about a sponsorship yet? Why no official annoucnement so close to kickoff?

How many people want to buy a jersey but havent yet due to it changing any minute now?

newman

First Grade
Ausguy: you are being a panic merchant. Sponsorship negotiations take time and are intricate. We aren't the first club to start a season with it hanging over our heads and we won't be the last. It will be a non event and completely forgotten come round five.

Ausguy

Coach
Im not a panic merchant at all Newman, but the club has had how long to sort our a 2012 sponsor? Im not the only one who is annoyed about it, im just the only one who says anything about it.

As an interested amateur, I would have thought that it would make most sense to announce the major sponsor at the first home game, to maximise exposure and impact. Or possibly leak a little information about an impending announcement of the sponsor in the week leading up to the first home game and then spew it out at the game.

newman

First Grade
Im not a panic merchant at all Newman, but the club has had how long to sort our a 2012 sponsor? Im not the only one who is annoyed about it, im just the only one who says anything about it.

Yes you are. ALL the reliable info points to us having a sponsor and yet you are blowing up. Sure it's taking longer than most would like, but if it means that they are achieving maximum value, then I don't care about this extended timeframe.

Vin Fizz

Bench
My coupla cents worth. I reckon we should be more concerned about WHEN the $'s attached to the sponsorship kick in. For all we know the deal may involve money without a printed logo ala Barca. (yeah I know a far different kettle of fish but my point is it can happen). If the $’s attach to a contract commencement date, and that might be this week for all we know then why is everyone worried? We appear to be focusing on why our jersey won’t have a beautiful logo splashed across it.

Special K

Coach
Ausguy: you are being a panic merchant. Sponsorship negotiations take time and are intricate.
I agree but at the end of the day when a deal needs to be closed you need a closer.

Do we have a closer? .. Honest question I do not know

Ausguy

Coach
Newms i will give credit where and when its due. After all this 'negotiating' and 'intricate' detail they'd want it to be something significant.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
How stupid to do all this right on the eve of our first clash so fans don't get a chance to wear the same guernsey as the players for the first game.