What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sponsor

sounds like me at home.

"have you put the garbage out"

"ill do it in 10 minutes"

3 hours of madden later.....

"have you put the garbage out"

"Rest assured that the process of the garbage is being completed and it will be done before the end of the night"

SharkShocked

Bench
There is a balance though shark shocked.

No point making sponsorships and boxes at prices that are not market competitive.

Comes back to having 20000 people paying $10 or 10000 people paying $20

I just think to be still negotiating season boxes and MAJOR sponsorships now is too late

Except in this case we are talking about a source that is highly limited, in which they need to get as much money as possible out of... so that theory doesn't really apply.

I agree however that it is late to be negotiating it. Then again, maybe these types of sponsorship deals aren't worked out long in advance given footy season really isn't in peoples minds until right before kick off tonight.

Ausguy

Coach
Except in this case we are talking about a source that is highly limited, in which they need to get as much money as possible out of... so that theory doesn't really apply.

All the more reason not to scare off those that do show some interest in becoming a sponsor with a hard stance on price.

All I'm saying is the 1 example I provided shows they will more than likely miss this corporate all together and for what? To be inline with other clubs?

SharkShocked

Bench
As i said in my first post... As long as they manage to sell every box, i don't care what the prices are.

If they aren't selling them then of course i imagine they will drop their price.

Frenzy.

Immortal
There is a balance though shark shocked.

No point making sponsorships and boxes at prices that are not market competitive.

Comes back to having 20000 people paying $10 or 10000 people paying $20

I just think to be still negotiating season boxes and MAJOR sponsorships now is too late

I disagree, I think.

If the team is going well by midseason then I think buyers will come out of the woodwork to get whatever boxes aren't sold. Guess what, they may actually dud themselves from a brgain because if the team is performing and on tract for something then the prices may go up, not down.

runatme

Bench
SHARKS NET SPONSOR
While we're talking sponsors, Cronulla chief executive Damian Irvine has assured The Inside Back that the Sutherland club will have a major jersey sponsor within the next 10 days and perhaps in time for Sunday's match against Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval. As it stands, there's more blank space on the Sharks jersey than Todd Carney's torso.

Ausguy

Coach
Ok put yourself in the corps shoes....

"Hi Mr irvine... Tell me why I should pay so much more for a corporate box when you have run 15th 14th and 13th the last 3 years ?"

"cos we have Todd carney." ( let's face it he is the only reason we are so optimistic this year)

It's hardly a reason to raise the prices to a point that not only new corps aren't coming on board but existing ones aren't renewing.

Sure it's a season of what ifs but we don't have the runs on the board yet to ask fr more than we deserve.

SharkShocked

Bench

"Hi Mr irvine... Tell me why I should pay so much more for a corporate box when you have run 15th 14th and 13th the last 3 years ?"

"cos we have Todd carney." ( let's face it he is the only reason we are so optimistic this year)

It's hardly a reason to raise the prices to a point that not only new corps aren't coming on board but existing ones aren't renewing.

Sure it's a season of what ifs but we don't have the runs on the board yet to ask fr more than we deserve.

Pretty sweeping statement given you only have one story from a mate who's box is still in negotiations. Have they even decided yet to not renew?

Frenzy.

Immortal

It's probably not Aus. Bringing the price up to comparative market rates is though. They've been selling them for unders have they?

carcharias

Immortal

Mr Irvine: ok good question.
However , unless you have been on Mars the last couple of years then you should already know why we want more money.
Please renew, we are pretty much farked without the corporates...and to be honest I am sweating like a pedo at a wiggles gig....may I get up off my knee's now?

Frenzy.

Immortal
I also agree with that Frenzy...

Although you realise it can go in the opposite direction as well

It can if the stars don't align.

Lot of stars still to align but I think the club is now in a nothing ventured nothing gained situation.

Card Shark

Immortal
Interesting point re getting sponsorships.

A mate of mine was trying to secure some box seats at the knights game at shark park. He came back to me and said the company he works for were still negotiating the box details. Long story short apparently the sharks realized we have been giving away sponsorships and corp boxes at stupid prices and now it seems we have turned up the prices. All well and good but a bit pretentious if you ask me. We are still in te bottom 4 most unwanted brands in the nrl currently. That's blatantly obvious.

Maybe they are down to their last couple of boxes & they have more than a couple of companies interested all of a sudden - supply & demand?

Ausguy

Coach
Pretty sweeping statement given you only have one story from a mate who's box is still in negotiations. Have they even decided yet to not renew?

Well it's 1 story more than anyone else has put forward. Maybe I need to join the cssc to find out about sponsorships.

Lots of fluff in here at the moment. All I'm saying is that a corp box with people in it is better than 1 with no one.

Windy70

Juniors
I think our brand is on the rise, just with the publicity we are currently getting. Not only from Carney but more importantly Gal. The club sure as hell should be aiming higher than they have been. If the biggest brands are 100% the market price and we have been at 50% we should be aiming for at least 75%.

No brand will ever be worth shit if the very people that control it don't value it themselves. I just hope they have good salesmen on the front line. Think, Big Kev.

Well it's 1 story more than anyone else has put forward. Maybe I need to join the cssc to find out about sponsorships.

probably.

have you seen their gear its way better than the stuff the club sends you.

so in the next 10 days...something will be on there. allegedly

Ausguy

Coach
Their $50 pack looks good

It's probably a separate thread but is the good value products they are getting done for sharks fans hurting the club?