What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sponsor

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bluestone got that with the deal

Would have expected them to be on the jersey TBH, especially with the $8m injection once the green light is given

Isn't that an advance off the Sharks own future earnings though?

Name on shorts is appropriate if the above is the case. It's something for nothing really.

To get on the jersey I say they would have to kick in more. Specific sponsorship money I mean.

newman

First Grade
banner.png

That's intersting👌.

Last edited:

newman

First Grade
Isn't that an advance off the Sharks own future earnings though?

Name on shorts is appropriate if the above is the case. It's something for nothing really.

To get on the jersey I say they would have to kick in more. Specific sponsorship money I mean.

Your original assertion is true but it's an advance years before any income would have been received.

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
Touchy much? HEY AUSGUY THEY STILL HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED A MAJOR SPONSOR YET. ARE YOU ON SUICIDE WATCH? SHOULD EVERYONE AT THE CLUB OFFER THEIR RESIGNATION?

OOOHHH CAPS... Not touchy at all...

Just because you decided to say this....

Yes. Tell Ausguy. He DESERVES to know. Because he is a FAN.

On a side note. Plenty of excitement about tomorrow coming from the club.

After my post below which was clearly meant to be a bit of fun that cools quigs and frenzy all got doesnt mean im touchy. Just means you clearly have an issue with my previous critisism of the club and how long it has taken to get sponsor. Its my opinion and like it or not you wont shut me up.

who is it?

Just tell me. No one else will see it

Oh and if you feel you should resign from the club or tell some you know to resign please yourself.

newman

First Grade
So you are not on suicide watch? Good news for everyone then. Thought you were getting a bit worked up is all.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I'm with aus on this.

The club took its time and yeah we now have a sponsor yardy yardy yah, but on a professional point of view the saying goes "time is money", so to take this long that's a fail in my books

Ausguy

Coach
on a side note...

Mr Irvine has just tweeted

"Looking forward to everyone seeing tmrws jersey ! Black White & Blue always & ever. Proud of team keeping the surprise, theatre is good"

jc155776

Coach
I'm with aus on this.

The club took its time and yeah we now have a sponsor yardy yardy yah, but on a professional point of view the saying goes "time is money", so to take this long that's a fail in my books

How's that carney to Souths thing going? Time and time again the club hasn't leaked and surprised us lately. Might happen again.

Ausguy

Coach
How's that carney to Souths thing going? Time and time again the club hasn't leaked and surprised us lately. Might happen again.

Yeah maybe jc, i dont doubt we have amajor sponsor, my only issue was that it was or is going to be announced on game day of round 1.

Im going to presume that this deal wasnt finalised in the last 7 days ( i may be wrong) and if it was known weeks ago my only gripe is that it should of been announced earlier, not for MY SATISFACTION as some may seem to think but just to get more exposure at the right time of the year and also give people a chance to buy merchandise before round 1.

Anyway it is what it is and im sure someone has done well to even get the sponsor, the timing is a shame.

jc155776

Coach
The only thing that matters is $. My guess I'd that this year our sponsor dollars are much higher even after three seasons with only a 24% win ratio.

Card Shark

Immortal
Mr Irvine has just tweeted

"Looking forward to everyone seeing tmrws jersey ! Black White & Blue always & ever. Proud of team keeping the surprise, theatre is good"

A united club is a winning club, let's hope that rubs off on the boys tomorrow & over the next 7 months.

newman

First Grade
I'm with aus on this.

How is it a fail? There is objectively only one way to gauge whether this undertaking is a failure:

Sponsor for 2012: pass
No sponsor for 2012: fail

Now considering that 2012 hasn't even technically started yet, and all signs point to one happening (ie hisense are back, we have one for tomorrow) how can that possibly be a fail? You do realise that whether it starts on jan 1 or march 16 the sum will still be the same?

Latest posts