What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sponsor

spider

Coach
Obviously a one-game (or short term) sponsor

It's not that tricky to work out, and usually a sponsor farts cash and the NRL clubs splash it out - what's the big secret? Really, it comes across as second rate to not name it.

Ausguy

Coach
just feels like the whole snowden affair has scared the club to the point it says nothing... they can do what they want but yeah whatever.

runatme

Bench
Obviously a one-game (or short term) sponsor

It's not that tricky to work out, and usually a sponsor farts cash and the NRL clubs splash it out - what's the big secret? Really, it comes across as second rate to not name it.

i doubt its a one game deal

spider

Coach
Well who would know?

It can be good to communicate to the fans and look after them. Here's a recent experience -

Go to the club to fork out for 4 season seats for the family

Turn up on the stroke of 5pm to be told hat Jess finishes at 5pm. The solution offered was to come back tomorrow. Ok, inconvenient, but will do.

Head back earlier the next day. This time Jess is in a football meeting. No biggie, who else can assist? Advised no-one, and asked to come back tomorrow as they were unsure when Jess would be available.

There was no 3rd visit to attempt to purchase season seats.

Now one has to think, for a club needing fans to inject their hard earned to support the club, what other hurdles can they throw up to prevent it. I know it was only 4 season seats and not a corporate box, but none the less all money would be good.

Feej

First Grade
Frankly, I don't give a crap who the sponsor is, as long as they ponied up some good $$$

Ausguy

Coach
Well who would know?

It can be good to communicate to the fans and look after them. Here's a recent experience -

Go to the club to fork out for 4 season seats for the family

Turn up on the stroke of 5pm to be told hat Jess finishes at 5pm. The solution offered was to come back tomorrow. Ok, inconvenient, but will do.

Head back earlier the next day. This time Jess is in a football meeting. No biggie, who else can assist? Advised no-one, and asked to come back tomorrow as they were unsure when Jess would be available.

There was no 3rd visit to attempt to purchase season seats.

Now one has to think, for a club needing fans to inject their hard earned to support the club, what other hurdles can they throw up to prevent it. I know it was only 4 season seats and not a corporate box, but none the less all money would be good.

I rang the club the other day and asked to speak to someone about buying some tickets for a mate for the knights game...

it went down like this ...

me "hi im just calling to enquire about the remaining undercover seats for the knights game"

club "oh ok, one second, oh the girl who looks after it is at lunch can you call back"

me "well no not really as im on lunch as well, is there anyone else who can help me?"

club "no she looks after the ticket sales so yeah until she comes back i cant help"

me "so you cant even tell me whats available?"

club "no sorry"

me "ok then, can you tell me if i call back can i buy them over the phone"

club "oh im not sure one sec (and without putting me on hold) hey *insert name here* do we sell tickets over the phone? (comes back to me) no we dont do that"

me "ok fine thanks"

club Hangs up.

Sure its only a few tickets but next week the phone will be ringing hot... best get this sort of service sorted out.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Frankly, I don't give a crap who the sponsor is, as long as they ponied up some good $$$
funny stuff this thread...
the main thing is the development gettin approved. Once that happens, we can breath again...until we get over the line the sponsor issue pales in comparison. If we dont, our sponsor next year could be emu export or emu bitter on the other side of the country

carcharias

Immortal
I would tell my story about buying tix but it would expose my identity.
Let me just say it was a corker.
Heaps heaps worse than the one you guys mentioned.

f**king hilariously inept.

Ask me in person and I will make you shake your head in disbelief.

It was NOT Jess's fault either.

You would think that flogging tickets to Sharks games would be the number one priority for the Club? You know getting revenue in, bums on seats in the stadium.

If so there would be a system for anyone at the desk to follow no matter which farker is sitting there or answering the phone.

I mean not to even try to get details about the inquiry of season seats x 4?

FMD!

Frenzy.

Immortal
I would tell my story about buying tix but it would expose my identity.
Let me just say it was a corker.
Heaps heaps worse than the one you guys mentioned.

f**king hilariously inept.

Ask me in person and I will make you shake your head in disbelief.

It was NOT Jess's fault either.

Most of us know it anyway! :lol:

spider

Coach
I agree carch, its not Jess's fault - she is a great girl.

To only have one person skilled to sell season seats is not right. I'm sure Jess doesn't work 7 days a week either, so what happens on her days off?

SharkShocked

Bench
Given the nature of these stories I'd like to mention that all associated difficulties that I have had with ticketing have been handled in the most polite and helpful manner by Jess herself.

In what must be an office situation that has very little support (based on cash flow of course) I think she is doing a very admirable job.

No i am not related to her in any way.

I can appreciate that presently our club has some difficulties and that at times things seem much to difficult, but I certainly wouldn't knock that girls effort.

Latest posts