What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sponsor

M2D2

Bench
What about those ribbons on the side?

The person that designed it, was responsible for everything, including the ribbons. So im told.
The ribbons, IF sown correctly and straight i would have never had a problem with.
The fact i can rip the mesh part of the hat with EASE.
The fact it was awfully screen printed.
The fact the hat is criminally small for my big fat head.
The fact it was made so cheaply is the problem.
You go have a look at the hat when it was mocked up in the membership booklet and you go "okay, its not horrible" and when you GET the hat and it would cost under $1 to make is the problem.

You cant blame the designer for cost cutting.

Quigs

Immortal
The bestus hat I ever had was one worn by Fess Parker.

But in todays world you couldn't even mention them.

Not that I am trying to be a smartarse. In my day it was marketed by Disneyland.

Last edited:

redback

Bench
The ribbons, IF sown correctly and straight i would have never had a problem with.
The fact i can rip the mesh part of the hat with EASE.
The fact it was awfully screen printed.
The fact the hat is criminally small for my big fat head.
The fact it was made so cheaply is the problem.
You go have a look at the hat when it was mocked up in the membership booklet and you go "okay, its not horrible" and when you GET the hat and it would cost under $1 to make is the problem.

You cant blame the designer for cost cutting.

$1? Thats pushing it. No more than 50 cents I reckon.

Frenzy.

Immortal
To you it probably does. Anyway, buy yourself one if you are that keen on them.

This would probably suit you:

images

To me, and dozens of others.

As to the picture you posted. I don't like bow ties so won't although you think it would suit me I'll refrain.

Looks good on you though Rocksteady. Not so sure about the pink handbag in that self portrait you posted.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The bestus hat I ever had was one worn by Fess Parker.

But in todays world you couldn't even mention them.

Not that I am trying to be a smartarse. In my day it was marketed by Disneyland.

You can mention them Quigs. Coon was an abbreviation for racoon. Nothing else.

Here's Fess in his coonskin cap for ya Quigs

6a00d8341c630a53ef01310fb9070f970c-500wi

redback

Bench
To me, and dozens of others.

As to the picture you posted. I don't like bow ties so won't although you think it would suit me I'll refrain.

Looks good on you though Rocksteady. Not so sure about the pink handbag in that self portrait you posted.

I prefer a backpack!

M2D2

Bench
As long as we have a great year I wouldn't care if we wore f**kin helmets
See thats the problem the people who work for the sharks think.
The dont give a f**k about the products they are making and cutting costs.
I would have rather 1. paid extra for a quality hat 2. received nothing at all.
Because when were told "its the thought that counts" the thought process here is cutting costs and just trying to justify people giving their money to the club so they have to get something in return.
Well if this is what were supposed to get in return, Thanks for the embarrassment that is the hat.
please-put-all-rubbish-in-the-bin-523-p.jpg

redback

Bench
See thats the problem the people who work for the sharks think.
The dont give a f**k about the products they are making and cutting costs.
I would have rather 1. paid extra for a quality hat 2. received nothing at all.
Because when were told "its the thought that counts" the thought process here is cutting costs and just trying to justify people giving their money to the club so they have to get something in return.
Well if this is what were supposed to get in return, Thanks for the embarrassment that is the hat.
please-put-all-rubbish-in-the-bin-523-p.jpg

Spot on mate. For some reason most of our fans accept this sort of treatment. I'll call them on Monday and let them know that it's a load of crap.

As I said earlier, the cap is an advertisement for our club. In all seriousness, who would wear it in public?

M2D2

Bench
Not me.
I would like them to make ANOTHER member hat. I dont even care if i have to buy it.
I have no problem giving the club more money, i really dont. This isnt an issue that im like "ILL NEVER BE A MEMBER AGAIN".
I just really really hate being treated like a nuffie after ive only missed 3 home games(due to 2 weddings and a funeral) in the last 5 years and i pay year in year out. I love the club. Ill do anything i can for it. I just hate being treated like because we are members of THIS club that our reward is that we now have to ride the short bus.

redback

Bench
Not me.
I would like them to make ANOTHER member hat. I dont even care if i have to buy it.
I have no problem giving the club more money, i really dont. This isnt an issue that im like "ILL NEVER BE A MEMBER AGAIN".
I just really really hate being treated like a nuffie after ive only missed 3 home games(due to 2 weddings and a funeral) in the last 5 years and i pay year in year out. I love the club. Ill do anything i can for it. I just hate being treated like because we are members of THIS club that our reward is that we now have to ride the short bus.

Seriously, give them a call on Monday. If enough people call they may "recall" them and replace them with something you can wear in public.

M2D2

Bench
I dont know if i can be bothered ringing them up. They will either 1. say they they are sorry and will try to make it up to me with some voucher. which i dont care about. or they wont give a f**k.
I just want them to lift their game in regards to these things. which i dont think any amount of calls will fix. They are cutting costs and no amount of disgruntled fans are going to carry enough weight for them to stop trying that in merchandise.

redback

Bench
I dont know if i can be bothered ringing them up. They will either 1. say they they are sorry and will try to make it up to me with some voucher. which i dont care about. or they wont give a f**k.
I just want them to lift their game in regards to these things. which i dont think any amount of calls will fix. They are cutting costs and no amount of disgruntled fans are going to carry enough weight for them to stop trying that in merchandise.

A Red Rooster voucher for a small chips!