What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Accord recognition

langpark

First Grade
3350 signed the petition so far! Looking well on track to surpass the 5000-mark before the World Cup kicks off tomorrow!

Stallion

First Grade
Petition is now over 4300. When this target of 5000 is reached what happens then? Is the petition passed on to an area where some positive action starts?

Stallion

First Grade
Whinge, or get the number of League playing nations well above the minimum without having to rely on joints that haven't played a game in years or are based out of western Sydney with zero domestic presence

Very hard to get more people playing elsewhere when government funding cannot be gained. Especially for a start up sport.

Last edited:

StadiumXIII

Juniors
Seems a coincidence that most of the signatures signed is from outside of rugby league heartlands. Wonder if this will be considered legitimate? Might need more than just a petition going. Anyone keen for a rally outside this GAISF in Lausanne, Switzerland? :D that will surely be enough to show them how far we are willing to go for this!!

langpark

First Grade
I agree, but a petition surely can't hurt our chances.

I think the lack of signatories especially from Aus is more reflective of which are the people that truly care about international RL. I don't think it's because they are fake. The emerging countries are the ones who suffer most from the Sport Accord snub, the NRL and co. are largely unaffected.

I like you're idea and I would be up for it if it weren't for the cost. If it were in my city, for example, hell I'd even pitch a tent there! But going to Switzerland is a bit more than I can afford.

Emu01

Juniors
I just signed the petition I couldn’t believe how many people were from USA and France and even Brazil, Argentina.I even saw Sweden and Germany..

I wonder if someone can post this in the Nrl section of League Unlimited.When the Aussies see this petition the numbers should double straight away.

Stallion

First Grade
I just signed the petition I couldn’t believe how many people were from USA and France and even Brazil, Argentina.I even saw Sweden and Germany..

I wonder if someone can post this in the Nrl section of League Unlimited.When the Aussies see this petition the numbers should double straight away.

It's an international sports rights issue. Hopefully the editor or whomever runs this website sees fit to have this petition known in the NRL part of the forums . It is an integral issue affecting the code and deserves wholistic involvement from all fans of rugby league.

heights

Juniors
If we all post it on our individual facebook pages as I have and ask our mates to sign it, numbers will swell quickly

Stallion

First Grade
If we all post it on our individual facebook pages as I have and ask our mates to sign it, numbers will swell quickly

Alot don't do Facebook. I don't do Facebook as its not wise for my vocation. But by all means those that can get it out there. it's time this code stop being the brunt of rugby unions dirty tricks in the big end of town!