What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Accord recognition

Stallion

First Grade
Another tact besides the petition and facebook awareness would be players participating in the world cup showing visible and even audible messages / announcements supporting rugby league's rightful status in being a sport in such an influential organisation and everywhere for that matter. If someone knows someone with the ability to get this cause publicised in this way please do so. It's worth it!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Another tact besides the petition and facebook awareness would be players participating in the world cup showing visible and even audible messages / announcements supporting rugby league's rightful status in being a sport in such an influential organisation and everywhere for that matter. If someone knows someone with the ability to get this cause publicised in this way please do so. It's worth it!

Yeh, those f*cking RLPA hats were everywhere during Origin. Why not "Recognise Us" hats.

I guess its because it doesnt effect their paycheck, so why should they care.....

adamkungl

Immortal
Yeh, those f*cking RLPA hats were everywhere during Origin. Why not "Recognise Us" hats.

I guess its because it doesnt effect their paycheck, so why should they care.....

Also because a bunch of players from 1 country wearing hats isn't gonna do shit to prove that Rugby League is a sport played in 40+ countries.

This issue has absolutely nothing to do with NRL players on any level.

Stallion

First Grade
Also because a bunch of players from 1 country wearing hats isn't gonna do shit to prove that Rugby League is a sport played in 40+ countries.

Would suggest this would be a united effort from all international players involved in the world cup! Its very relevant to playing rugby-league all over the world.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

It would be about getting it out to the general public...

Its easy for Union to get away with f*cking us because no one notices. Get the sporting public of Australia, NZ, England and wherever else upset about (and blaming Union) and the Rah Rah might not be so keen to pull this dirty shit.

Stallion

First Grade

Its easy for Union to get away with f*cking us because no one notices. Get the sporting public of Australia, NZ, England and wherever else upset about (and blaming Union) and the Rah Rah might not be so keen to pull this dirty shit.

And fair minded neutrals along with sportsminded people would support and understand better rugby league's issues. Getting the real story out to the general public will advance rugby league's quest for a fair and just playing field. I know I have mentioned this non recognition issue of rugby league as a sport to fellow teachers and they are amazed at what has been going on ! This exposing of RUs dirty tricks is long overdue and I feel so sorry for those generations of sports people whom have missed the honour and pleasure of playing rugby league let alone being able to follow/support the code in a local area wherever around the globe.

DlEHARD

Juniors

Picket their games.

Stallion

First Grade
The problem is this site is a load of BS you sign a petition and it asks you to sign another. Looking through the locations of the signees it would appear rugby league is he most loved sport in the USA, anyone can see that many of these people have just signed it because the site asked them to.

Interesting. Wonder what Steve Mascord will do with this petition when it reaches a certain figure. Surely it will be progressed to somewhere that will take note and subsequent action started?

Pommy

Coach
Interesting. Wonder what Steve Mascord will do with this petition when it reaches a certain figure. Surely it will be progressed to somewhere that will take note and subsequent action started?

I signed it for what it’s worth but nothing will come of it.

Stallion

First Grade
I signed it for what it’s worth but nothing will come of it.

Well done. At least its something? Haven't heard of a petition started by a respected journalist b4. So maybe it will achieve something? Just hope the international players get involved and get this worthy cause in the public eye. It's not common knowledge at the moment. Due to its clear unfairness this issue deserves universal attention.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Just over 9800 now signed in the petition. Wonder what's the number for the next step? I suggest this number could get very big! Just would like a timely timeline for some progress to occur through this sports association. Some people I've spoken to question the validity/ credibility of any sports association (GAISF )that treats/regards a sport like this? It's pretty despicable stuff and unsportsmanlike.

Last edited:

langpark

First Grade
Anyone else pick up on this quote from Collier in Mascord's last article?

"There is another meeting of GAISF on November 8 and I'd be very surprised if this continued to be an issue."

Not that I'll be getting my hopes up, but does this mean there's a remote chance we have some good news in a week from now?

Stallion

First Grade

"There is another meeting of GAISF on November 8 and I'd be very surprised if this continued to be an issue."

Not that I'll be getting my hopes up, but does this mean there's a remote chance we have some good news in a week from now?

Certainly hope so! It would save rugby league time and money in the long run. Also the saving of face of this GAISF organisation I would suspect!

miguel de cervantes

First Grade

This is why I think Collier has got this. He has already made phone calls.