What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Accord recognition

Youre a wierdo...

What do you mean "the truth comes"? Do you think i am a conspirator who has just let slip the evil truth?

I think we are all fairly convinced it is Union putting some dirty shit here (as they have at every opportunity for the past century). The question is: What does RL do about it?

One of many necessary steps is to find a distinguishable name for the code. It is easy to whinge about how unfair it all is, but thats like walking into a wall and telling the bricks they are rude for not moving. Deal with the reality that RU people are bastards and acknowledge that we are handing them a stick to beat us with.

Until we ditch "Rugby Competition" as a brand name, dont act surprised when people confise us for a Rugby competition....

It will NEVER happen. Get it in your head, lad. We aren't going to throw 122 years down the drain because you get the shits with the gifts your family give you with pictures of lineouts on them.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
It will NEVER happen. Get it in your head, lad. We aren't going to throw 122 years down the drain because you get the shits with the gifts your family give you with pictures of lineouts on them.

122 years of what??

It was just "Rugby" for most of its existence in Australia, its still "Rugby" in Northern England, its f*cking "Game of 13" in france. Most people in Australia today probably think the sport is "NRL".

And what down the drain?? "oh no, we have a distinct name that cant be confused with our closest rival. Whatever shall we do?". Or maybe we're just afraid RL will fail when we're not riding Unions coattales. Personally i think RL is good enough to survive on its own merits, but maybe you disagree...

Stallion

First Grade
Youre a wierdo...

What do you mean "the truth comes"? Do you think i am a conspirator who has just let slip the evil truth?

I think we are all fairly convinced it is Union putting some dirty shit here (as they have at every opportunity for the past century). The question is: What does RL do about it?

One of many necessary steps is to find a distinguishable name for the code. It is easy to whinge about how unfair it all is, but thats like walking into a wall and telling the bricks they are rude for not moving. Deal with the reality that RU people are bastards and acknowledge that we are handing them a stick to beat us with.

Until we ditch "Rugby Competition" as a brand name, dont act surprised when people confise us for a Rugby competition....

You just dont get it Doctor. The name is an integral part of the history of rugby league. You dont throw away your historical relevance just because some Nazi like code doesnt want you to exist or grow! That's called giving in!

latingringo101

Juniors
Something is very fishy going on at Sport Accord Headquarters. I think its a fair assumption that Union has had a hand in putting Rugby League's bid on hold for recognition.

Maybe if we had a more organised International Federation this could have been over and done with by now, but none the less it is pure politics we haven't been given our right to our name.

Stallion

First Grade
Something is very fishy going on at Sport Accord Headquarters. I think its a fair assumption that Union has had a hand in putting Rugby League's bid on hold for recognition.

Maybe if we had a more organised International Federation this could have been over and done with by now, but none the less it is pure politics we haven't been given our right to our name.

And status as a recognised sport! Which has stopped government funding of the code in various nations! No wonder rugby league has trouble growing internationally! It's not given a fair go!

langpark

First Grade

Yes and maybe if Burgin (you?) and Mascord hadn't harped on for months about plotting a breakaway, this wouldn't have happened either!!

adamkungl

Immortal
Where are the players wearing their hats with "We want recognition" at every RLWC press conference, like they did with the RLPA hats during state of origin.

Oh that's right......nothing in it for them this time. Don't worry about for the good of the game.

Nothing to do with the players

It does us no favours with players nation hopping.
Also as well having only 5 or 6 born Samoans in their world cup squad does us no favours, and that apply's to Scotland, Ireland Tonga etc as well. A rule should be that at least 3/4 of your squad must be born in the country they are playing for in a world cup
All countries must at the very least a 6 team comp.

And nothing to do with nation hopping.

adamkungl

Immortal
Yes and maybe if Burgin (you?) and Mascord hadn't harped on for months about plotting a breakaway, this wouldn't have happened either!!

They have absolutely nothing to do with it, Latin Heat made it quite clear that they do not support this organisation.

Fwiw though, with their treatment of the ENWC and various other things the RLIF brought that negativity on themselves.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So how long would RL need to wait? The separation occurred 122 years ago. 200 years? 300? What a complete joke they are - no wonder they ditched the name Sports Accord.

I guess that's what RL has to work out. If it is up to RU they will delay it as long as they possibly can. We can do certain things that would certainly help our cause - domestic activity in more countries, keep growing the world cup, RL 9's circuit. If we get to a certain size it will be difficut to keep denying us.

Anyone got a contact in the British Parlimentary Rugly League Supporters Group?.
Believe it or not, I do.
I kicked up such a fuss about the SL/SKY moving a KO day and time for a game in France v the London side that I got an invite to their meetings.....me? an apparent troll? Go figure!!
We had fans flying home on their scheduled return flights as the game kicked off 24 hours after its original schedule........HASN'T HAPPENED SINCE!!!!!!!!

Try judith.cummins.mp@parliament.uk or john.cryer.mp@parliament.uk

What's that? That we're a small sport played by a niche audience that is eclipsed by the other Rugby that is also small?
Rugby Football was the game....we left that sport and as such have no rights to the name. League......just call it LEAGUE and get on with growing the sport....if all the nations playing the sport called it LEAGUE then the IRB wouldn't have a say.......and we'd still have the game!

roughyedspud

Coach
. Rather than challenge rugby league's application under the so-called "rivalry clause", rugby union had pointed out the existence of the recently-established World Rugby League, a body put together by a Greek administrator after his federation was suspended from the RLEF due to financial irregularities.

Rugby union is behind world rugby league I'm telling you